It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ANTI-FEAR Supplement.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
So, I guess ATS is the best place to create fear. So many unknown subjects, so many things we can't explain, so many things we can explain but refute to acknowledge the fact behind which the explained rest. We live in a world with what we know is what we know, we don't know what the government knows, we don't know if UFOs are aliens or simply advanced human craft, we don't know if a gigantic clown of a planet called Nibiru is going to randomly fly through our solar system at what would have to be a massive amount of speed, we don't know if Martial Law is going to occur tommorow, we don't know if we are being controlled by sattelites brain washing us with propaghanda, we don't know anything - except the fact that we live and breathe.

Now what I ask for you to do, before you read the following, is take one deep breath and count to 10, like the people in elementary tell you when you're angry.

There you are. You're stareing at your monitor, reading this text right now. Don't get to excited. I'm not reading your mind, I'm just simply stateing the obvious. I assume you're a average person. You have attended grade school, maybe of passed or not passed. You probably don't need to be on abovetopsecret.com, but you are anyways. You might be looking for answers, in which you only find more questions. What I can tell you, is that if you don't have a answer for yourself, that answers why you are here, you need to find one.

We see all of these people, fear-mongering. Oh my god Alex Jones made some connections to some weird stuff. Great. WHOOPITY-DOO.

Now. Take a step back and stop reading what comes below. Look above you, and see what that says.

"GREAT. WHOOPITY-DOO."

If you expierence anxiety from the unknown, from stuff you cannot guarantee will happen, or you think you can guarantee something is going to happen and it hasn't happen yet, you need to take a step back, look at what ever it is that is inspireing you to become freakishly obsessed with this compulsive behavior of yours, and refrain from revolving these ideas in your head 24/7.

You need to look at whatever conspiracy theory it is that you are so interested in, and then look around you.

If you have family, look at them.

If you have a dog, look at the dog.

If you have a cat, look at the cat.

If you have a fish, look at the fish.

If you have a snake, look at the snake.

If you have a turtle, look at the turtle.

Do you think any one of those instances, possibly besides your family, gives a rats ass about some crack-pot generated conspiracy? Now I'm not saying that the conspiracy is in general a crack-pot, but the whole entire motion that it carries is what is turning you into a possible crack-pot(note that most of this is not intended for people with a generally manageable conciousness.)

Now, what does the tortoise say?

"GREAT!"

What does the fish say?

"WHOOPITY-DOO!"

You need to assume this mind-state if you are haveing your problems with "fear" due to lack of self-control. If you are walloping in illusive conspiracies, you need to take a step back, get out of the pool you're drowning in and SWIM!

STOP SINKING!

Life has PLENTY of other things that are great, that you can ENJOY! Watch a good comedy movie. Try and find a friend to do something with! Go take a hike into the mountains. Grab a fishing poll and hook up some bait! Drink a beer(not intending the use of alcohol, just an idea.) and turn on the TV! Go outside, and mow the lawn.

You would be surprised how therapeutic every-day things can be. I take a walk to the store, every day, to get something, that I may not even need. That walk alone, gives me content and happiness.

If you've lost your way, you need to gain track again.

The pursuit of happiness does not rest here in AboveTopSecret.com

It lies within you.

So go find it.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Bumpity bump bump.

Just bumping, incase someone slightly confused about the craziness of the world needs some reassurance that "every little things gonna be alright"

Another thing.

Anyone having a rough time copeing with this crap hole of the universe called "Earth", go ahead and listen to the song Bob Marley - Three Little Birds.

I promise you, you won't regret it.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

It was a great post... I really mean that...

But someone else told me the same thing right after 9-11. I couldn't find the video, but I found this article.

To understand this link between today's financial crisis and Bush's wider national security decisions, we need to go back to 9/11 itself. From the very outset, the president described the "war on terror" as a vast undertaking of paramount importance. But he simultaneously urged Americans to carry on as if there were no war. "Get down to Disney World in Florida," he urged just over two weeks after 9/11. "Take your families and enjoy life, the way we want it to be enjoyed." Bush certainly wanted citizens to support his war -- he just wasn't going to require them actually to do anything. The support he sought was not active but passive.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Now... if you want to talk about Nibiru and UFO's... that's entirly diferent. I coud care less about that kind of stuff.

But I'm German for God's sake... My ancestors already fell for the same crap we are all falling for today... And your advice is to go fishing? Well it might be a better idea than posting on ATS, but if the same crap that happened to Germans in 1933 - 1945 is happening to Americans (2001 - present)... I want to know about it, learn about, and find out if there is anyway I can avoid being apart of this deception. How about you advise other people to get informed so they can inform others, because this little "War" game is oh-so familiar.

That's the problem with America... everybody just wants to stay in their 'comfort' zone.
And if you start talking about 'the truth' everyone wants to call you crazy.

(But I agree... We'd all look a little smarter if we avoiding the subject of Shape-Shifting Lizard people that run our governmnet... because that subject is one big distraction.)

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Buddy, I'm half German.

I believe in 9/11 as much as you. It was a big fat play off, it was a show, and it was all planed, and the buildings WE'RE infact planted with explosives, and you know what?

Keep living. Deal with your conspiracies, but don't be your conspiracy.

Life is more important than dwelling on stuff that you can never change. Fact remains, we cannot change if the world ends tommorow. We just have to keep living. I'm directing this to people who have no life outside of their anxious brains, and they should take the time to find something peaceful.

That's all.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I thought that was quite an interesting post and assume your trying to convey the message that life goes on, we can't change it so lets get on with it.

Fair enough point, I don't have a problem with that. I agree also that letting conspiracies rule our lives is also wrong and theres no point worrying about things we cannot change.

Two things spring to mind though;

1.) Some people actually enjoy reading, worrying, researching conspiracies.

2.) Being prepared is never a bad thing.

You almost make it sound like the majority of us are posting on here because we have nothing better to do and we're all paranoid freaks waiting for the next big disaster!

[edit on 1/2/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well, i woke up this morning, poured a bowl of cheerios, sat at the Desk, got on ATS(instead of sesame street)posted a couple comments..then after 3 hours of that, I go outside, feed the dogs, come inside, get back on ATS post for a few more hours fighting and what not, then I make myself some lunch. Then as I am eating my delicious peanut butter sandwich, I POST some more. After another 3 1/2 hours of that I go relieve myself after eating so much and typing so much. As soon as I am done withthat, then I get up again, and get me a new fix of some ATS, because I have to regain what I just lost previously. So after another 41/2 hours of that, I get up and make some dinner. This time I eat at the dinner table cause the chair I been sitting in all day gave me a sore ass bone. Finally, after I am done eating pork chops and mashed potatoes, I get on old ATS some more, and to my amazement, someone replied to my poster!!!!

Man...Come on.... You think people are really like this? Im not saying there arent a couple seeds out there that are, but do you really think the majority of the people that come on ATS are these kinds of people?

Most of us are like what the other guys saidearlier, we just want our news man, we just want to know whats going on in this world around us so we can be prepared, unlike those that are not. Im not bashin you cause I enjoy the message you are giving, I suggest people live more as well and experience more out oflife. On the other hand I dont think you have to sacrafice one for the other though, you should keep all the corners of your brain in-tuned.
Uplifting thread, I wanna go get naked and run in the sprinklers now.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Good post...

I think a lot of people are too prone to arguing/skepticism/debunking that they won't take your point for what it is. I get it, and I think the majority of posters here need a good dose of it.

Life is all you got on this earth so you should just live it and enjoy it and not worry SOO much... (a little worry is good, it keeps you sharp)

Like for instance, there is no point on god's green earth to come on here and get yourself upset, angry, all in a tizzy about something you're not going to do a damn thing about. I have seen thousands of posts about how angry and upset they are at the government... but what's the point of even getting involved in the discussion if you're only point to be made is you are angry? Okay that's great, so you can either vote next time, not vote next time, storm Washington DC with pitchforks, all good ideas with a bit of reasoning behind them but you aren't helping anyone by saying "HMPH... THEY ARE SO BAD... I AM SO MAD... WOE IS ME"

Find a hobby for pete's sake... and if your hobby is going to be changing America then do something to change America instead of "hmph...I am madddd" That is the one that really gets me.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This thread isn't about the people on ATS

It's like inner self therapy in which the OP recognizes these traits in himself and superimposes them on others in order to scold or "Help" "Them"

In reality though there is a form of projection going on here.

After all, you could not actually know or concern yourself with a behavior online or mind state of other online unless you at the very least had the realm of experience to understand it....

So I gather OP has been, is prone to be or afraid of becoming from having witness the type of personality he is describing and imposing it as a generalization on other ATS users in order to break away from a Compulsive trait of his/her own.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Exactly even if the "NWO' or the "Principalities" of Darkness, were to catch on being who they are they'd perceive they were under attack, and strike out as any fool who strikes out at invisible enemies.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
This thread isn't about the people on ATS

It's like inner self therapy in which the OP recognizes these traits in himself and superimposes them on others in order to scold or "Help" "Them"

In reality though there is a form of projection going on here.

After all, you could not actually know or concern yourself with a behavior online or mind state of other online unless you at the very least had the realm of experience to understand it....

So I gather OP has been, is prone to be or afraid of becoming from having witness the type of personality he is describing and imposing it as a generalization on other ATS users in order to break away from a Compulsive trait of his/her own.

That was probably the lamest attempt at E-psychology I have ever seen. I am gathering from your use of English that its not your first language so I won't point out your failures there, buuutt...

So according to your convoluted theory, you have experience subjecting to the character trait of imposing your thoughts and ideas on others to "help them" or "scold them" , right?

Could it be this is something he has made through observation? I laugh my butt off at some of these people who tie two completely ludicrous things together to make a frightful connection and then proceed to crap their pants in fear. It doesn't take an experience in being completely hung up on ATS to realize that there are people who take this stuff overboard....

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wonderful points Rev.

There's an old saying "As a man thinketh, so he becomes."

I enjoy tossing around ideas, impressions, theories, and so forth every so often - but I certainly don' think I could handle knowing everything "bad" out there without being able to believe it's for a higher purpose that may not be readily apparant.

Wonderful post - hope and focusing on our OWN live and what we're doing is ultimately much more important that what someone out there we've never met may or may not be "up to".

I regret I only have but one star to give to this thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thank you GE!

I am not saying that everyone on ATS is a fear mongerer, but what I am saying is there is a few of them, and I feel like they need a change of direction.

If you continue to go down the path of non-stop conspiracy, to the point where apples are watching you, then you eventually you will MOST definetly end up *reaping what you sow*.

Thanks for the posts OP, keep em coming, hopefully we can make some points for people to look at for beneficial purposes.

top topics

join