It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKorean firm says it cloned dogs using stem cells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

SKorean firm says it cloned dogs using stem cells

news.yahoo.com

SEOUL, South Korea – A South Korean biotech company claimed Thursday to have cloned dogs using a stem cell technology for the first time in the world. Seoul-based RNL Bio said it created two black puppies this week using stem cells from fat tissue of a female beagle, in cooperation with a team of Seoul National University scientists who created the world's first cloned canine — Snuppy — in 2005.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Cool stuff IMO, they cloned these two puppies using stem cells, now I know their puppies but how long until the cloning of human organs is possible? Not too far off if you ask me. I don't buy into the religous implications attached to stem cell research I think it could be a life saving progress in medicine and a very well recieved technology for it's life saving potential! check out the article and enjoy!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Man I thought everybody liked puppies, I like puppies even test tube puppies! I'm picturing like a " make your own puppy mix" for home use someday like a chia pet but better and one thats alive and not peat moss on a clay head

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Yeah I read this about 6 months ago on google.
And im sure there's a thread already on this on here I was reading the other day.
They cloned drug sniffing dogs, to try and cut the cost associated with training new ones.Because the cost is very high to get them into active service.
And they found these healthy clones had the same great sense and temperament and training ability as the parent.
So they have saved hundreds of thousands of dollars.

new topics

top topics

join