It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The illicit drug revolving door

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I just want to talk about something I've ascertained over the years. Of course my perception could be wrong, but I've always wondered this:

Are all of the illicit drugs that have been confiscated in the US indeed sent back out to drug dealers and put back on the streets?

It's been bugging me for years, because I'm a recovering addict myself.

It just seems to me that things could be locked down more than are in the drug world.

I mean, drugs - especially the big quantities that are sometimes confiscated, are worth millions, if not billions. I find it hard to believe that a country that has debt all over the place would just "burn" or dispose or do whatever the hell it is they do to them.

If that's the truth, then (not that I trust them anyway) I would be beyond angry - just knowing the government would set up people like me for failure.

I know drug use is subjective and obviously I did it all to myself, but for God's sake that would be effed up.

I'm interested in what you guys would have to say about this, and I'm sorry if this thread exists already (would be the second time).

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You should see the movie A Scanner Darkly. Or read the book of the same title by Philip K Dick. The movie is pretty true to the book. I think you will quite enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
You should see the movie A Scanner Darkly. Or read the book of the same title by Philip K Dick. The movie is pretty true to the book. I think you will quite enjoy it.

5thanx for the tip,,,searching netflix now

ps.. to the OP

one day at a time,, ehhh

life's much better that way isn;t it

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hey guys, thanks for reading my thread.

One day at a time; I don't even know, dude.. Even though I'm clean, it's like of no consolation. Apparently I did drugs to hide from something. I started when I was 15. Now that I'm on the other side (for now - none of us can tell the future
), I realize I have to face whatever made me do it in the first place. And I haven't the slightest idea where to start.

I wish more than anything I could wake up from this nightmare and be "normal". I would have a wife, kids, and a (good) job. I would have a life.

I'm 29, and I have nothing. All my fault, and it kills me. Not to whine, but damn. I wish I could tell kids who are about to get high for the first time to "Think about what you are going to do. You will Either die fast, or die slow." The latter is what I call hell on earth.

Drug addiction is one of the worst afflictions, because it turns you against yourself (and your family), and I think the government could do a better job keeping drugs like I said - locked down. That's why I think they're releasing it all back onto the streets.

Hopefully my next life won't be like this. Maybe I will carry over the wisdom(?) attained from my experiences in this life.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
your preaching to the choir here,,,

same thing,,, just 30,,, wiould love to go back in time to HS and make very very different choices

it's a tough road,, ain't it

life still sucks,, but it's a relief that the chase is over

i just was telling my brother today,,,, at least we didn't have to find,,,steal $40 at the minimum,, hopefully 80-100 just to feel normal today,,and not be throwing up,, sweating, and sh-tting my pants so to speak

if there's a devil,,, he did make certain illegal substances

i sure wouldn't be typing on this computer right now,,,,because it'd be in a pawn shop

for that,,, today is a good day

top topics

join