It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what exactly are the republicans doing to help?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You don't get yourself out of a financial hole by printing money.

You don't get out of debt by piling on more debt.

Republicans are not the equivalent of conservatives. I get calls wanting money from Republicans, and I tell them to kill my rosy red rektum.

John McCain is a Republican, but sure as dookey stinks, he isn't a conservative.

Another couple years, and a lot of folks are going to want to put more true conservatives into office.

The last time conservatives made a pitch was under Newt Gingrich. They proposed their "Contract with America." Almost all was fulfilled, and the financial benefit was enjoyed all through the Clinton administration.

Of course Clinton took full credit, but you'll note that the end of his second term, our economy was recessive due to his spending initiatives.

Today, this very minute we need money, lots of money injected into the economy.

Two methods:

Print money - which cheapens the dollar and creates inflation, or

Massive Tax Reduction - by moving quickly to drastically reduce income taxes and withholding, massive amounts of money is inserted directly into the economy, without printing money.

The very liberal Democrat version will not do a damned thing to create jobs and stir the economy.

Roosevelt's injection of funds didn't do it either.

It was WWII, but Roosevelt got credit.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I have no doubt that politics is heavily involved in the vote. However, lost in that is the fact that this "tax cut" is bringing the US closer to the day when the Social Security System, already at death's doorstep, goes belly-up.
The "tax cut" is in reality, an elimination of the social security tax up to $8,100 in income, for each qualified worker, for two years. Social Security will soon start paying out more than it takes in, and this ill-conceived item in the "stimulus bill" will hasten that day.

I've given up trying to convince people that it really doesn't matter whether the Democrats or Republicans are in "control". The reality is that Congress, the Government and the Economy are OUT of CONTROL, and none of these bills will do anything but make matters worse.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
why whats we gotta do use the ones that control the senate and you got the amount of votes to pass whatever u like so

you are the captain of the boat democratians

and if you think we gots to help u maybe if you give us some tax cuts

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
God bless the Republicans for standing up to this.

This "stimulus" bill is the biggest piece of pork the government has ever tried to perpetrate on the American people.

This coming from a President who was going to curb wasteful spending and earmarks? Please.

This bill will do nothing to stimulate the economy, especially in the immediate future. Most of the "spending" in the bill doesn't even come online until 2010 or 2011.

People, wake up! Read the bill! Obama is not looking out for your interests, he's looking out for his own.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
like we said too

yall got the votes

do whatever you wanna do you can literally pass anything theoretically.

I think Republicans and Conservatives are lost personally. Last election was a joke. We stood for nothing. Voting for that bailout, with McCain championing it, it's enough to make me sick to my stomach.

It's hard to go forward with out any leadership. I like Dr.Paul more and more every day maybe it's time to recreate the Republican message to a more philosophical, intellectual, party.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It should not even be allowed to call the current "conservative leaders" republicans. Past too for that matter.

Bush did about everything a conservative hates, except going to war.

The sad part about this country is that most of us are not truly republican or democratic. We are in the middle.

Who wants a large government where useless taxes are being put on the people to pay for these corrupt leaders of ours to throw at companies and their CEO's personal gain?

Who wants to see people ABUSING the system and taking our tax money?

Who wants to see wars happening based on lies?

Who wants to see bailout plans being passed through congress that is obviously doing nothing as PLANNED, except of course feeding the owners for some private vacations and new, not needed jets?

My friends, we are in the middle. We do not want a government that enforces laws for the minorities consisting of five people, that put a burden on the other 300 million Americans. We do not want a government that sits there and lets big business slam the middle class into the ground.

We want a government that will EFFICIENTLY spend tax money on USEFUL things. Public service maintenance, better schooling, a GOOD medical system, technology, space (I threw that one in there, I am just fascinated by it ), and things along such lines.

Government is formed from the start of civilization. Tyranny is formed from complete government rule. You can either have NO FREEDOMS, or ANARCHY, when following the "extremes" of a side. Is it not ideal to meet in the middle?

Dear public servants (government officials) - We are your priority.

Bash both parties for they have both hurt this country.

You put a ray of light in a cave, it is sure to be darkened. Just ONE fault in a presidents choosing should clearly show they do not work for us.

Death to those who inflict life with death, and life to those who inflict death with death.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
the only time a democrat should be allowed to raise taxes is when they pay their own.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

8 years of running the country into the ground with your lies,selfishness and greed.Your race baiting dividing politics.Republicans need a heart transplant so they might learn to care about All of the American people not just the rich and the powerful,after all we all have to live here.Over 4,000 American poor and working class kids dead for a lie to make your friends richer.While you were doing your thing you treated democrates like they were step children and now you cry because you say you were not included in the process of the stimulus bill.I think you should have been included but you brought this on yourselves.Why would they include you all after what you all did?You put your rich friends above the interest of this country.You claim to have morale values that you just don't seem to have and your actions prove this.You acted like anyone who disagreed with you some how was unpatriotic.The American people had no choice but to fire your asses and some of you should go straight to jail.I wonder what the hell is wrong with you all.Most of your should be under a doctor's care for mental evaluation.What would make you people think that the American people would fall for you line of crap forever? Now you and that rush dope head bunch hope that president Obama fails.That says a lot about you.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I can't believe You post on this forum but You still haven't figured it out yet. The government can print out quadrillions of dollars and it will still not fix crap. Our damn money is a debt based currency meaning its not backed by #. Money does not enter the market unless its given out in a loan. When the american consumer is topped out and can't afford anymore debt the economy utterly crashes. Why not do some research on this stuff before saying republicans are dumb and the dems will walk out of this as the heroes. The actions of the dems prove to me and should prove to You that they are either just as stupid as the republicans or are controlled by other interests besides the people. The only way to fix this problem is to either forgive the debt or create another currency such as the Amero. I have a feeling they are going to print up so much money that inflation will become so bad that people will beg for another currency "AMERO". So sit back and act like You know everything but when that happens everyone whom worked hard their whole life will see all their savings gone in no time. But hey look at the bright side since You have entitlement beliefs many people whom bought homes, cars, credit cards, & what ever debt will more than likely see it vanish in the blink of an eye.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The National Debt has increased with EVERY US PRESIDENT SINCE 1930

Some more than other, yes, but not one of them has actually reduced the National Debt.

in fact, if you look at this chart you can see times in history where the National debt grew and where it shrank (by decade)

In EVERY instance of the shrinkage it was because of a deflationary period, a recession, or a depression.

Because, it is ONLY though those economic cycles that debt is taken OFF THE BOOKS.

I would like to believe that SOME of our Congress Critters are actually learning a little about economics and are finally realizing that we cannot solve a debt problem with more debt anymore than you can cure a heroin addict with more heroin.

We have had at least 30 years of consistent growth, some will argue 65 years of growth.

It HAS to contract!!

Either we focus on a slower, controlled contraction - while fixing the causes of this mess - or we literally end up going BOOM!

Right now we are causing a severe risk of a Bond Market dislocation. Once foreign countries decide to no longer buy our debt, it will happen. And since the rest of the world is going through the exact same thing we are, it's gonna happen, because they aren't going to

#1 Trust that our debt is good

#2 Afford it

I've been living on CSPAN and coffee for months now, and there are MANY people in congress who understand this, unfortunately there are many who choose to ignore it.

Don't ask me who is who, because I listen to CSPAN, I don't watch it closely so I really don't know which party lines are involved, but I do know that there are many who see the problem for what it is and want to FIX it, not feed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join