It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Million Protest In Paris!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
1 Million people protested in France for this economic crisis.

www.liveleak.com...

I'm not surprised how this has got NO media attention in America.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This will begin in America sooner than we'd like to believe. Mark my words. I'll see you on the front lines.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321

www.liveleak.com...

You did not see this on the 6 o'clock News because our media is controled by the NWO. Does this sound familiar the banks recieve the bail out money but the common folk seem to be forgotten.

The clock keeps ticking and time is running out before you start to see similar things happening in the U.S.A. Can you say Fema camps and Marshall law.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
i'm with you Janon, i'll do whatever it takes to get this country back.
and yes the riots are going to start in America sooner than everyone thinks. It's been a long time coming and we have all been way too leaniant.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Wow! Over 1 million!

Obviously the French know they're being done over. I expect that the rest of the world will wake up very quickly now and do the same.

P.S. No reports in Australia in the MSM either.

[edit on 31/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I haven't even heard anything of banks foreign to the United States being bailed out by anybody. We're being treated like mushrooms.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Great find my friend! I haven't heard of any of this until now. The USA my be able to stop the spread of information through the news channels, but they haven't stopped the internet.... Yet....

I encourage every one here to spread this video around like wild fire. It's time people started to wake up (man how many times have we all heard this). Try to keep your spirits high, as hard as it is, and we will make that "change" our selves.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Slash]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
At long last, there are some stirrings of resistance in the UK...

There is a growing wave of industrial unrest which started on Thursday (29.1) with a protest at Total’s Lindsey oil refinery in Lincolnshire against the company's decision to award a £200m construction contract to an Italian firm, IREM, which plans to carry out the work using Italian and Portuguese staff. The issue is the fact that British workers have been bypassed, even though they have the experience and skills required.

This is the first series of wildcat strikes for many years and it certainly seems to have taken many politicians and commentators by surprise. At the time of writing, it looks as though this dispute will escalate as more workers threaten to walk in sympathy out next week, including hundreds of contractors at the Sellafield nuclear plant.

This wave of wildcat strikes, with the possibility of it escalating next week, is at long last, a welcome sign of resistance from ordinary people who have had enough of bearing the brunt of neo-liberal economic policies. It may not be perfect and yes, there are undoubtedly some reactionary elements involved. However, any situation of protest and resistance is inevitably going to be messy, complex and will involve contradictory trends…that’s life. The key for any progressive elements is working out how to intervene in order to make sure the outcome is a desirable one…

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
pretty crazy a situation, that many people standing up for themselves in one area

that wont ever happen here in the states though

there arent a million people that brave, or that care that much

they are all too dumbed down by miley cyrus, sports, and food and cop dramas on tv

but if it gets bad enough and the supermarket shelves actually run out of chicken wings on superbowl sunday, and someone kidnaps miley and a major sports team

then maybe some people will throw a couple rocks, cuz you dont wanna mess up the us's concerts or hd sporting events

at most we might have a few small outbreaks, but the american machine is too well oiled to ever slip that far, or at least let the mass majority realize that it has, especially now with obama in charge, everyone already thinks hes jesus just cuz hes off to a good start so far, even if something bad happens, the majority probably wont even worry, they'll just expect the new jesus to handle it

cheers to the french for standing up for themselves though

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I was at the protest, and actually, the total of protesters number around 2,5 million counting every protest march in every town on january 29 th. A good day ! And there's more to come...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

I think that this is the time to protest everywhere. In Europe, in Asia, in Africa, in the Americas.

We should show the PTB that we are serious people, not sheep.

We should show them that we are quite capable of going to the streets instead of just complaining on the Internet. Face it. Sitting here on ATS will not do anything else but making you feel even more sick. Sick of the PTB. They do not care about complaints on the Internet. But go to the streets and shout, that will grab their attention.

We should really show them what we think about the corruption of the world economy, the increasing Orwellian surveillance and control, and their idiotic wars.

One of these days the SHTF for the PTB, but for the rest of us... It will be a carnival, a day of freedom and justice.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You need to change the header in the OP.

A million people protested in France - the number protesting in Paris was in the thousands.

Makes a massive difference because 1 million people protesting in Paris would be a definite uprising!

Still, I have always admired the French for their get up and go. Protesting is second nature to them which is fantastic because they voice their opinion and get the message across with direct action instead of sitting in front of a pc spitting out bs and rhetoric.

It may now be the case that the French government respects the people that elected them far more than they would if the people just sat on their backsides moaning and not taking direct action.

Viva La France

[edit on 31/1/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey
there arent a million people that brave, or that care that much

Brave? Protesting is your RIGHT in a democracy. It shoudn't be dangerous at all. If it becomes dangerous, then you should protest about protesting being dangerous!

If you really need to be brave to use your rights then these Bilderberg mutants are really successful in their project of making us their communist slaves.

Use your right to protest or lose it!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

www.liveleak.com...

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED
video.google.com...

[edit on 31-1-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The minute this happens in the sates the MSM would be screaming bloody murder about all the "anarchists " that have begun to riot and how we need stricter laws and the general public will buy into this bull hook,line and sinker.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
In 2004 , much of the world protested the Iraq war.

"The protest was part of a weekend of protests internationally against the war on Iraq, which saw millions of people on the streets of over 600 cites and towns of the world. Estimates of numbers participating ranged from 10 million to more than 30 million people globally."
www.users.bigpond.com...

www.wsws.org...

It didn`t change anything.. nothing.
protesting against the NWO is fruitless.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Maya432]

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Maya432]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
You can say what you wish about the French but at least they stand up against their government and voice their opinion on what they want. I swear here in the UK the government could role tanks down the streets, take everyone's fingerprints and DNA, insert a camera in their bedroom with night vision and nooky detector and the people would take it if they were told it's for their own good.

Stop showing Strictly Come Dancing or Big Brother though and people will revolt tomorrow.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The job of the mainstream media is to paint protesters as anarchists, crazy, and as negatively as possible. The only reason they would ever cover a story like that is if some of them were throwing bricks at police forces.

In any case, even if they did get widespread attention, protesting the economy seems like an exercise in futility. If instead of protesting these one million people decided to get together and help one another out then maybe they would get what they wanted.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

www.liveleak.com...

Where does it anywhere on this source say one million?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hello

www.20minutes.fr...

Plus d'un million de manifestants selon la police
Plus d'un million de personnes (1.080.000) ont défilé en France ce jeudi dans les manifestations, selon la police. Les syndicats parle de 2,5 millions de personnes.

More than a million demonstrators by police
More than one million people (1,080,000) marched in France on Thursday in the demonstrations, according to police. The unions spoke of 2.5 million people.

the people to protest a new political solution to the crisis facing (relance by consumption)

@+

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join