It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is NOT the messiah. Nor is he the anti christ.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Some think he is the messiah. Some think he's the anti-christ. Well you know what? I'm not a religious person. I believe he's neither.

I believe he is someone with a vision. The only reason he seems to all of you like he's a religious figure of some sort is because he just looks immensely better than Bush.

He's not Bush, so, automatically people love him.

I like him, I'm not an Obamaic, but, the only real reason he seems like the messiah to those of you that think he's really great, or that the only reason that you think he's the anti christ, is that we just went through a tough period of 8 years.

All of you need to come back to your senses.

We can't regress back into the midevil time where people talked about leaders as if they were the devil... we can't let religion control us!

We cannot let religious cloud our thinking!

Be Obama a great President, a bad President, an okay, President, or a mediocre President, like I've said, Obama is not anything like a religious figure.

Obama is just another liberal with a vision. If you think for some reason that Obama is different from liberals then you're mistaken. I'm liberal leaning, but, I have mostly independent values from both my party and the other party, but, as a slightly liberal person, I can see NO reason to think that Obama is different from other liberals, other than the fact that he is strong with his beliefs.

Obama is not the messiah people. He seems like the messiah only because of Bush and the last 8 years.

Snap out of it people.

He isn't the anti-christ either.

You need to stop letting religion brainwash you!

So far he's acting in the will of the people, but, that doesn't mean that he is a perfect person. He could end up like Bush, and, go against our will. He's only been in office for like two weeks. He shouldn't be compared to the messiah or the antichrist or demons or whatever just yet.

People need to stop thinking in religious terms and start thinking in real terms.

WAKE UP PEOPLE. Religion is brainwashing you.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I tend to agree... He doesnt fit the physical characteristics of the "anti-Christ" as described by Daniel, and as far as him being a messiah

[edit on 30-1-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I agree, I'm giving him 4 years, I voted for him, if he makes huge mistakes I guess I won't vote for him again but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, if we fall into the great depression 2.0 I will still give him credit as we can't blame him for that, but will he be a Roosevelt or something else? only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

S & F for you!

All is exactly correct. He is a refreshing change from Bush. I was more excited inauguration day with the fact Bush was OUT than anything.

I truely hope he does well, I am still cautious though, and do not like some of his decisions.

But because people are hyped about change, others have to twist and misconstrue people's enthusiasm over him as our President now.

The dust will start settling, but it seems Republicans are very dirty in their words and deeds when it comes to Democrats. So they began all this "messiah and anti-christ" stuff, to try and make people scared.

Anyway, I am happy he is in, but it may be a case of not soon enough, to try and change the road the U.S. is on now.

We shall all see, I hope the best, and unlike Rush Limbaugh, I really hope he succeeds!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Spot on!

With a post so neutral I actually wonder what fanatics on either side will pop in to change the argument.

/waits.....

Personally, I think Mr. Obama is just a human.. like most of us and until someone proves me wrong, that is my standpoint. For me to believe he is The Savior or The Antichrist I would first need to follow the dogma, and right now I am just chasing my tail.

Cheers,
T-

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well, the only problem is I don't think you actually believe what you've posted. If you do, then how do you explain this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In this thread, you proceed to make out those who follow Ron Paul as being cult like.

You also proceed to call those who support Ron Paul "bots", a common keyword used by the media, and you play on this.

As well, you misrepresents his views completely while at the same time claiming to be a "bot" once.

I don't need someone to sell me the truth like Ron Paul. I think he's in the know like he rest of them.

And you say Ron Paul is in the know like the rest of them, and dismiss him for it. But is this the same attitude you have about the person who wasn't blackballed by the media and was actually selected by those in the know? Sure isn't.

Your opinion of Obama?

Obama is just another liberal with a vision. If you think for some reason that Obama is different from liberals then you're mistaken. I'm liberal leaning, but, I have mostly independent values from both my party and the other party, but, as a slightly liberal person, I can see NO reason to think that Obama is different from other liberals, other than the fact that he is strong with his beliefs.

Another example. From the previous Ron Paul thread.

I'm just worried at people who just because someone in the media says something that disagrees with the establishment worship that person.

In this thread.

I believe he is someone with a vision. The only reason he seems to all of you like he's a religious figure of some sort is because he just looks immensely better than Bush.

He's not Bush, so, automatically people love him.

So you are worried someone might do that with Ron Paul, but when you look at where it actually occurred by your own claims, you state it as matter of fact, no big deal.

From the other thread you ask:

Am I wrong for worrying about the cult of personality developing around Ron Paul and these other types? It just scares me.

Apparently, by your own claims in this thread you are. throwing water on the Obama stuff, throwing fuel on Ron Paul.

Check your zipper, your agenda is showing. I don't get involved in the Obama threads much, and think the majority of it is silly. But it is clear as day that you are trying to spin things towards an agenda, and aren't being honest about it at all.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
what a great post

I dont think "infact" I know i couldnt have said it better "crap grammer and spelling" lol

well said and s+f!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
You're right!

He's just a very naughty boy!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Look, I don't worship Obama.

I am supporting him because he is our President and no other reason. Not because of his race or anything like that.

So, I don't see how my reason for supporting him for being President of the USA is worshipping him like I said in the Ron Paul example.

I don't consider him the messiah.

I also disagree with a few decisions he's made already. I don't think he's perfect.

I don't see how what I said contradicts with what I believe in.

I'm only saying it's foolish to believe he's the antichrist or the messiah. I'm worried about the people that worship him or fear him when he's only been in office for a week or so.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I think you make a very clear point, i like ron paul aswell.. some of his thinking is amazing.. but obama is the POTUS and hes got some great ideas and vision "and i dont agree" with it all..

But let me show you a vid..

www.c-spanarchives.org...

that is a good thing is it not??

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Look, I don't worship Obama.

I am supporting him because he is our President and no other reason. Not because of his race or anything like that.

So, I don't see how my reason for supporting him for being President of the USA is worshipping him like I said in the Ron Paul example.

I don't consider him the messiah.

I also disagree with a few decisions he's made already. I don't think he's perfect.

I don't see how what I said contradicts with what I believe in.

I'm only saying it's foolish to believe he's the antichrist or the messiah. I'm worried about the people that worship him or fear him when he's only been in office for a week or so.

I don't disagree with the part about those who take things to the extreme. But you show and have obvious biases in your posts.

While to call Obama the anti-christ, or to call those who follow Ron Paul cult like are 2 different claims, they are both on the same level of thinking and basically the same thing.

In 1 thread, you are pretty much making Ron Paul followers to be cult like. This is no different than someone making out Obama to be the anti-christ and people who follow him thinking he is the messiah.

But you water down the Obama thing with claims of "I don't think these things". Great, glad you don't. But then in the other thread, you create a topic calling it a cult, then talk about how you were once "one of them", and then you talk about them in dismissive ways. Like a preacher getting up and talking about how once he was a sinner, but now he's found the light.

And really, the whole anti-christ thing is to be expected. It is the position of the most powerful person in the world(publically/visually) during a time when things are uncertain. It doesn't matter who was elected, it would have been said about all of them. It has more to do with the position itself than it does the person holding it. If Ron Paul had won, I'd be wondering such things and I had the same positions as Ron Paul before I ever heard of him. It was like he was reading my opinion. But if he had won, you'd been seeing the same posts.

You sound no different than republicans did for the past 8 years. It's the exact same lines, word for word. And of course, true to everything, it was the democrats screaming Bush is the anti-christ, and now it's the republicans screaming Obama is the anti-christ. And so now the democrats throw water on the topic, call it silly, just as the republicans did for the past 8 years.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Let me repeat what I said in a better way.

Obama is NEITHER the messiah NOR the antichrist.

You just basically agreed with me in that what I was saying when I said that Obama is only seeming to be either the messiah or the antichrist because of the tough times we're in.

And no, I'm not a Republican, I'm actually a Democrat. I didn't say that Obama was the antichrist. I said that he wasn't in my thread title.

What I am scared about is the people that think he is either the antichrist or the messiah.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Let me repeat what I said in a better way.

Obama is NEITHER the messiah NOR the antichrist.

You just basically agreed with me in that what I was saying when I said that Obama is only seeming to be either the messiah or the antichrist because of the tough times we're in.

And no, I'm not a Republican, I'm actually a Democrat. I didn't say that Obama was the antichrist. I said that he wasn't in my thread title.

What I am scared about is the people that think he is either the antichrist or the messiah.

You failed to address a single thing I said.

Like it or not, you try to paint Obama as nothing being either a messiah to people, or the anti-christ to people. This is basically the same thing.

In this thread you are using yourself as an example of yourself as being why Obama stuff isn't actually true.

In the other thread, you are using yourself as an example of how Ron Paul following is cult like, and how you were once involved and got away, and now feared the "bots".

I guess you do not even realize that the lines you say now in support of Obama are the exact same lines and words the republicans used for the past 8 years? You do not see your own biases and hypocrisy? Of course it must be different right, they are republican and you are democrat right?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

No, I am not using myself as an example of one who doesn't worship Obama.

Wouldn't you just agree with what I said in that Obama isn't the messiah nor is he the anti christ and leave it at that?

In the Ron Paul thread I was talking about the movement behind Ron Paul and how lots of people (many on ATS) seem to go to him whenever he has a new idea. The Obama movement is no different from the Ron Paul movement.

I guess you do not even realize that the lines you say now in support of Obama are the exact same lines and words the republicans used for the past 8 years? You do not see your own biases and hypocrisy? Of course it must be different right, they are republican and you are democrat right?

I never called Bush the antichrist, so, I don't fall under that realm of hypocrisy that you are suggesting. I also never thought he was the antichrist to begin with. I'm not so sure I understand what you're getting at. I rarely use this kind of language and I usually avoid discussion of this type. I am just dispelling a popular myth surrounding Obama.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
What I am trying to point out is that you can pretty much take the arguments republican made 8 years ago in general, and democrats make these same basic arguments now.

For example. If you can find an argument from 2001. And you were to exchange a few words here and there. Exchange Bush with Obama, Republican with Democrat, Neocon for libtard and so on. Exchange whatever issue they are talking about with an issue of today. And you will the same general arguments and finger pointings being made.

It's the same stuff over and over and over. Whenever 1 side gets caught doing something "dirty" what is the immediate response? They do it too.

When someone questions the President, what do they say? Well I'm following because he's the president, and I think he will do the right thing, and so on.

As someone who thinks both parties stink equally, it's rather sickening to me watching it. When I argued against Bush, I was called libtard all sorts of name. Now if I argue against Obama, i'm called neo-con and so on. Same basic patterns over and over and over.

I pointed out the other thread because you demonstrate this double standard and way of doing things in 2 threads you posted within days of each other, so I figured it would be a good way of showing it. But I suppose the point has been missed entirely.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

No, I am not using myself as an example of one who doesn't worship Obama.

Wouldn't you just agree with what I said in that Obama isn't the messiah nor is he the anti christ and leave it at that?

In the Ron Paul thread I was talking about the movement behind Ron Paul and how lots of people (many on ATS) seem to go to him whenever he has a new idea. The Obama movement is no different from the Ron Paul movement.

It is in the way you posted these things. You posted in a way that was supportive of the idea that people follow Ron Paul like a cult, and a way of dismissing him. Then in this thread you posted in a way that is positive and supportive of Obama. This is an age old media propaganda trick of focusing and highlighting parts to be seen in a certain way. You could focus on a small part of those who follow Obama and paint a huge cult. And you could do the same with Ron Paul. You can also find people who aren't as such with both. It's all about what you focus on. This is how propaganda and manipulation works. You said yourself it's basically the same, but that is not how you have portrayed them in the 2 threads you see.

I never called Bush the antichrist, so, I don't fall under that realm of hypocrisy that you are suggesting. I also never thought he was the antichrist to begin with. I'm not so sure I understand what you're getting at. I rarely use this kind of language and I usually avoid discussion of this type. I am just dispelling a popular myth surrounding Obama.

It's not about the specific claims in themselves. You say here you are dispelling a popular myth about Obama, but then in the other thread you prop up a myth about Ron Paul.

This is a widespread problem. It goes well beyond your individual posts, it is just a single example upon decades of it happening.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Here, I think I have the way to show you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The original Ron Paul post. I am going to switch the shoes around. Tell me what you see. I have bolded the parts I have changed. If you need, I can do the same thing to this topic, switch them around and post it. But I think you can get the point from this.

See, if I posted this paragraph, and then also your OP in this topic switching out Obama with Ron Paul. Then you would probably say I have some obvious biases.

I used to be a Obama fanboy. I was so thrilled with him. I was like, finally some politician is telling the TRUTH! I was interested in what he said and the like but now as I've come to see it I tend to now disagree with him on a few issues. First of all, I want to point out the cult of personality around Obama. I subscribe to the newsletter from www.Obama.com. I still like what he has to say.

But, I get weary about these people. He talks about how the economy has problems and just because we're in a crisis he says we should change it and automatically people are like on the net "OMG OBAMA SAYS WE SHOULD DO IT WE MUST ABOLISH IT! OBAMA SPEAKS TEH TRUTH".

Obama is somewhat liberal. I understand he has less faith in political principles like the constitution gives us. I however, do not think we should abolish it-- rather I believe we should remove the system that doesn't belong and put it under more constitutional authority from citizens- not government- but regular people who would be able to assess the politicians to tell what it's going to be like on any particular bill.

[gonna skip over a few paragraphs here as they would be like the above, slight change of issue.]

However, I think what he says is rational, and, I agree with him on a couple issues. But, I have to question all of these Obama bots, and these other people that worship these people in politics that speak the truth. I stopped being a Obama bot after I did reading about political ideology and politics in general and about politics and then-- I basically found out my views and my own truth. I am more Conservative now than I used to be. But, I know the truth as it is to me.

I don't need someone to sell me the truth like Obama. I think he's in the know like he rest of them.

I'm really worried about these Obama fanatics as much as I am worried about these Ron Paul Conservatives.

Look, I consider myself a conservative, anti-war, pro constitution Republican, I don't bow down to any elite, just because they speak a particular truth.

I'm just worried at people who just because someone in the media says something that disagrees with the establishment worship that person.

Am I wrong for worrying about the cult of personality developing around Obama and these other types? It just scares me.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Why do you feel the need to hijack my thread?

I can have opinions if I so please.

top topics

join