It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland to be fast-tracked into European Union to stop economic meltdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Iceland is to be fast-tracked into the European Union in an attempt to stop the country going into complete financial meltdown, it emerged last night.

The small Arctic nation is expected to apply for membership within months and become the 29th member state of the EU within just two years.

Olli Rehn, the European commissioner in charge of enlargement, said: 'The EU prefers two countries joining at the same time rather than individually. If Iceland applies shortly and the negotiations are rapid, Croatia and Iceland could join the EU in parallel.

Dailymail

Key Phrase to me:
"Croatia and Iceland could join the EU in parallel"

I wonder what Russia/Putin would think of that???

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I am starring and flagging...

Seriously, Iceland could be going through what is ahead for America, as the problems are the same.

A 'manufactured crisis' to push an agenda... Of creating unions with other countries. Just another step closer to a "One world (government/economy/whatever)".

Anyone else think this is the likely future for America too? We could be getting a glimpse of what is ahead for all of us.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Couldn't have said it better myself. Get all the crashing countries in one of the Unions. Then the Unions will crash and we go to NWO.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Aren't the Unions the NWO, the European Union has nothing to do with democracy it is just an administration.

Nobody gets to decide anything in Europe. It's all decided for us. They don't have to crash they already have all the power.

top topics

join