It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your personality type? (Myers-Briggs)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I noticed that some of the questions in the test were extremely similar (almost the exact same question only worded slightly different). I'm wondering if some of these are perhaps control questions designed to ensure the consistency of your answers or something. Kind of a neat idea but.. I mean people can say anything they want too. Some of the questions were extremely difficult for me to answer . On some of them I even wonder if I answered accurately/correctly.

but it did make me think. I'm just saying.. sometimes people's idea of themselves isn't exactly how they are in reality. So even if they are being completely honest on the test and the test is somewhat accurate.. the results don't completely portray you as you really are..But its kind of fun just to see what it shows you as when you are completely honest anyway.

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I am ESTP (Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving)

Strength of the preferences %
83 1 25 33

i am
# very expressed extravert
# slightly expressed sensing personality
# moderately expressed thinking personality
# moderately expressed perceiving personality

suits me rather nicely!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
[edit on 1-2-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Thats me

Your Type is
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
33 50 25 56

ENFJ type description by D.Keirsey
ENFJ Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ ENFJ Famous Personalities
ENFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I've taken these tests before, always scored pretty much the same thing.

Never knew what it meant, though. I finally set aside some time to read all it had to say about me though. I've copied it to print off. I was stunned. This thing is dead on. Even as to relatioships, and everything. I am very Strong in my Category. Great Find! Starred and Flagged!

I mean, it is dead on.

Read some of my threads or posts, and whether you agree with them or not, you'll see what I mean.

Dead on.

I guess, it is good news that ATS has a little bit of every TYPE in it's Membership. Apparently, I turn to INVENTORS and ARCHITECTS as a sounding- board for my ideas.

ENTJ
Extraverted 67% Intuitive 88% Thinking 12% Judging 44%

The (Rational) Fieldmarshal/ Executive (ENTJ)

Hardly more than two percent of the total population, Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups. In some cases, they simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened. But the reason is that they have a strong natural urge to give structure and direction wherever they are - to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals. They resemble Supervisors in their tendency to establish plans for a task, enterprise, or organization, but Fieldmarshals search more for policy and goals than for regulations and procedures.

ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.

There is not much room for error in the world of the ENTJ. They dislike to see mistakes repeated, and have no patience with inefficiency. They may become quite harsh when their patience is tried in these respects, because they are not naturally tuned in to people's feelings, and more than likely don't believe that they should tailor their judgments in consideration for people's feelings. ENTJs, like many types, have difficulty seeing things from outside their own perspective. Unlike other types, ENTJs naturally have little patience with people who do not see things the same way as the ENTJ. The ENTJ needs to consciously work on recognizing the value of other people's opinions, as well as the value of being sensitive towards people's feelings. In the absence of this awareness, the ENTJ will be a forceful, intimidating and overbearing individual. This may be a real problem for the ENTJ, who may be deprived of important information and collaboration from others. In their personal world, it can make some ENTJs overbearing as spouses or parents.

Of all the Rationals, the most driven toward a leadership position is the Fieldmarshal (ENTJ). David Keirsey said they cannot NOT lead.

In business Fieldmarshals are often found as top executives and senior managers as well as heads of sales and marketing. Since they are driven toward reaching goals, they can be project managers, investment brokers, financial planners, labor relations leaders. Their analytic abilities are of advantage in positions such as business consulting, management consulting, stockbroker, and economic analyst. Professional fields attract the Fieldmarshal so they can call their own shots. If they enter the legal field, they may rise to the position of judge. Says Kent, "I'm very goal driven and I expect everyone who works for me to be aiming toward the same goal. If you focus your team, you can achieve what might once have seemed impossible."

The drive towards constantly increasing their knowledge base and being highly competent is what gives Rationals a sense of personal satisfaction.
Some Rationals seem so cold and logical that it’s hard to imagine them doing something as frivolous as falling in love. Most Rationals do not express the range of emotions other types do because they keep their emotions tightly in check, usually showing them only to those closest to them. Getting a Rational to open up and show their tender side can be a great challenge, one many women find intriguing.

Rationals are the least likely types to remember important days, such as anniversaries, birthdays, and holidays. However, they do tend to be steadfast, being among the most committed. Their partners can expect intellectual stimulation, debating from multiple perspectives, and a lot of autonomy. Rationals are the most likely types to treat their partners as equal in adult status.

CAREERS: Management in Business or Education, Politics, Military Education, Finance, High School Education, Computer Programming

OTHER RATIONALS:

U.S. Presidents: John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Monroe.

A common characteristic is a vision of the future and the ability to make that vision come true.

OTHER RATIONAL FIELDMARSHAL'S (ENTJ):

Hillary Clinton, Napoleon, Margret Thatcher, Carl Sagan, Bill Gates, Golda Meir, Edward Teller, George Benard Shaw, and General George C. Marshall

OTHER EXECUTIVE'S (ENTJ):

U.S. Presidents: Franklin D. Roosevelt; Richard M. Nixon

Benny Goodman, "Big Band" leader; General Norman Schwarzkopf; Harrison Ford; Steve Martin; Whoopi Goldberg; Sigourney Weaver; Margaret Thatcher; Al Gore (U.S Vice President, 1993-2001); Lamar Alexander (former governor, US Secretary of Education); Les Aspen, former U.S. Secretary of Defense; Candace Bergen (Murphy Brown); Dave Letterman; Newt Gingrich; Patrick Stewart (STNG: Jean Luc Picard); Robert James Waller (author: The Bridges of Madison County); Jim Carrey (Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, The Mask); Steve Jobs; Penn Jillete

FICTIONAL EXECUTIVE (ENTJ):

Geordi LaForge (STNG)

[edit on 1-2-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Your Type is
ENTJ
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
33 12 75 56

Hi plutoxgirl
My judgement says this is probably right but I’m still thinking about it

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
INFP - Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
(Introverted Feeling with Extraverted Intuition)

hmm about 90% accurate

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
By far, the most dominant function on ATS seems to be intuitive.

Go figure!!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
INTP for me. I deferred the actual decision of whether or not i fit the category to my wife. She says its almost identical.. especially the part where I dont pick up on her emotions well

She turned out to be a ESFP. I have to say its 99% accurate in their description of her.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Another personality thread.

How droll.

I always come up INTJ, "the mastermind"

INT are around 80%, J more towards 10-15%

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I came out as a ISTJ

Introverted: 67
Sensing: 1
Thinking: 25
Judging: 78

Not sure I agree with that though, there were a lot of questions that I felt were way to black and white.

Ex

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The Fieldmarshal (ENTJ)

ENTJ

1 50 12 56

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Your Type is
INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
78 50 50 33

[edit on 1-2-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
we did this one before!!!...oh well, here goes

YOUR TYPE :
I N F J Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging

11 50 25 1

The Counselor......

I can only say with certainty that the last (judging) is absolutly correct. What surprises me is the amount of people who score 50 to 80 % on judging!!!
I thought that keeping an open mind and not judging go hand in hand, a personal trade i would expect to see more around here on ATS.....maybe that's why i have the most interesting discussions with some of the folks.

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

That is the proper way to make these test in asking the same question many different ways.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
we did this one before!!!...oh well, here goes

YOUR TYPE :
I N F J Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging

11 50 25 1

The Counselor......

I can only say with certainty that the last (judging) is absolutly correct. What surprises me is the amount of people who score 50 to 80 % on judging!!!
I thought that keeping an open mind and not judging go hand in hand, a personal trade i would expect to see more around here on ATS.....maybe that's why i have the most interesting discussions is th with some of the folks.

Peace

I so much agree with you on this. What the test doesn't point out though, is that some of us judge with open minds. Judging, in this case is not such a bad thing when you seek out answers or proof of something. I scored moderate on judging, and I don't find it a bad thing to be so.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
On one of the career tests I took, (where despite being very artistic my outcome
showed counselling and law as the biggest areas), but the perceiving which I get about 60% on these tests is a kind of counsellor's trait, and the judging as a kind of teacher's trait (many in my family ended up teachers) a kind of take charge and organize others ability, better suited for parenting I think. I'm not a great disciplinarian and am more concerned with exploring what they think and feel, and finding out what their interests are. But as they're boys I have to spend quite a bit of time just trying to separate them, and dealing with the mystery of testosterone.
I score the judger part on about 40%, but thats not me as much as evidenced in my parenting style. And I never wanted to be a teacher. I would have taken sociology to a masters degree if I'd had the chance to get away from it all for a few years.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

ENTJ
I've got the same, but the percentage is different.

1 62 50 44

slightly expressed extravert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

[edit on 1-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
How about everyone put theirs in the sig block so we know what type of person we are interacting with. My Intuition tells me this is right. Maybe on some of these economy threads we can actually get something done.
I know I get tired of beating a dead horse all the time.

Fixed mine.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Your Type is ESFP

Extro 11%
Sense 1%
Feeling 12%
Perceiving 22%

The Performer.

Yea I coulda told you that, but I think most people would have a good idea of what they are.

[edit on 2/2/2009 by Good Wolf]

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join