It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moroccan jailed for selling hot dog... literally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Moroccan jailed for selling hot dog... literally

www.abc.net.au

A Moroccan man has been jailed for six years for selling customers dog meat instead of beef, a Moroccan judicial source said overnight.

The man, who admitted mixing the dog meat with chemicals to conceal the different smell and colour, was also made to pay a fine of 10,000 dirhams ($1,820).

A Casablanca court also sentenced four other men to between eight months and four years in prison for their part in hunting and shooting the dogs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
At first I was shocked and horrified when I read this - using dog meat. But then I thought about it. Dog meat is eaten widely in China and is quite an acceptable dietary supplement.

However, this guy did mix it with chemicals, so god knows what he put in it.

It all comes back to what my father taught me - if you ever see a hot dog with a vein in it, DON'T EAT IT!!!!!! lol

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
One man's pet is another man's meal.
Meat is meat even if it comes from a dog...

I consider my cats to be my friends and part of the family, but if the poop hit the fan and I couldn't purchase food at the store, look out kitty, you'll be going in the stew pot.

I don't even think I'd have a problem eating other humans if it was a life or death situation. Everyone reading this is just a hunk of meat if the worst happens.

I have no idea what they mean when they say chemicals, but I would bet it was just seasoning like gravy mix or something.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

I don't even think I'd have a problem eating other humans if it was a life or death situation. Everyone reading this is just a hunk of meat if the worst happens.

Thanks for the heads up!

Peace.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I guess it being legal would change all across the world huh

Guniea Pigs in South America, Scorpions on a stick in China

Actually now that I recall, they serve dog and BAT at the food court of a mall I go to down the road.

Different strokes for different folks!!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Had some dog meat in the Yuacatan near the guatamalan boarder. It's not bad. little gamey, but not unlike anything else really. meats meat.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
All over the world you'll see people eating just about every animal under the sun.

However, this guy did it under the guise of beef, so that's a little messed up.

I've had some pretty weird stuff in my lifetime though, I'd give it a go. Ostrich, Kangaroo, Catarpillar, Alligator, Lion.. What's keeping me from eating a dog? Well the honest to God's truth is I probably wouldn't eat any of those animals if I had to kill them myself, let alone the cute little mutt who wimpers when I leave my apartment each day.

Oh the hippocracy.

top topics

join