It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

um......feels like dejavu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
ok what it is, is that i constantly have dejavu (like 3 times a day) and some stuff that i have dreamed has came true, if just not known that its actually going to happen until it does........example i dreamt i was punched by a dude close to my home........days later it happened i got my jaw broke and i realized i knew this was gonna happen, so why didnt i avoid it, reason is i kinda forget all about it until it actually happens then i realize, hey i knew that was happening, and i was wondering if this is a paranormal.......thingy

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
yeah sometimes i feel that way too. sometimes i feel like i know something is going to happen but i can't prevent it because it's like a blur in my head. example, today i was driving in the car, i saw a woman drove by, i swear she look so familiar yet so vague. it's like i know her for my entire life but yet we are just strangers...weird

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Try making a journal (doesnt have to be anything big or detailed, just a brief outline) of your dreams deja-vu occurences, and then go back over them later, to see if anything links up.

It may be paranormal-ish, or it might just be coincidence.. Need to see more examples to know better.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
so i should keep a journal of the times i have dejavu?

sounds like an idea to me, i will do that (if i can remember, i have a really bad memory)

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yeah, I think thats a mental disorder actually. When you think you know someone and your brain makes up false memories about them.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2009
yeah sometimes i feel that way too. sometimes i feel like i know something is going to happen but i can't prevent it because it's like a blur in my head. example, today i was driving in the car, i saw a woman drove by, i swear she look so familiar yet so vague. it's like i know her for my entire life but yet we are just strangers...weird

course, you could just know her really well, yet not recognize her, such as an old friend from high school or even as far back as elementary school. Ive found that one of my friends who i became very close to very quickly i had previously known from elementary school.

could this be the case with the person u didnt see long enough to properly identify?

link   
yeah but mine cant be a disorder if its about events can it

link   
Just like Shidge said..keep a journal,diary ect of when you have these...it may help you prevent situatiuons

3 times a day seems like alot...
How long has this been going on for?
And is any members of your family psycic?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Yeah, I think thats a mental disorder actually. When you think you know someone and your brain makes up false memories about them.

which would be why he should write them down as soon as he wakes up, to compare to later, right?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
has been goin on a few years and um....no i dont think anyone is psychic, and also im not really sure if its 3 times a day thats kinda an estimate, i cant remember (see that bad memory thing again)

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
yeah the journal is the way to go.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
cool i will keep my journal (hopefully if i can remember)

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
i started writing down my dreams, and i found i remember them alot better if i just write them down once as soon as i wake up(im not saying my idea is orginal, just supporting what the others have already said) and it has also generally helped my memory, idk how but it has

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I did hear there was scientific explanation for Deja vu. This site explains the likelyhood it is a phisiological and psychological phenomanon, but does not dimiss the idea of the paranormal
www.innerworlds.50megs.com...

It has to do with where and how mwmory is stored-- long and short tem.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
this constant form of Deja Vu could be a result of someone or something wiping your memories at a constant rate. Do you have any missing time or any dreams where you were being operated on?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
nope....i dont think so

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hmm, feels like this topic has been discussed before, it may just be dejavu though...oh god I crack me up!

DEJAVU GET IT

Gawd that's funny.

Spiderj
Sorry, I know it's stupid but I couldn't help mself.

new topics

top topics

join