It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital TV Conspiracy? [first post, bear with me]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Whilst browsing this forum I learned alot about the (quite) possilbe phenomenon of UFOs. (I might have been witness to some in my childhood, and might therefore have a bias, but nevermind that. I still try to keep everything grounded in reality)

Anyways, I'm still quite upset about the forced conversion to digital TV (not quite there yet here in Europe) and have been wondering why they could be pushing it. Besides more control...
Then I remembered that some UFOs seem to have been influenced by electromagnetic interferrence. Like RADAR, or lightning, or such. (some people do claim that is what crashed the Roswell ship)

Is it possible that digital TV signals would be less likely to jumble UFO-systems, and that our (possible) shadow-government (supposedly in bed with the grays) has been pushing digital tv to ease their relations? (with the added benefit of total market domination?)

Hmm, sounds a bit far fetched, I know. But for discussions sake?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Just my opinion here ,but I think it has more to do with HARRP. The lower frequency bands are more susceptable to Electro Magnetic Forces.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Or the switch is just a benefit the greys get to partake in,

im not sure though if it would hint at ET relations though..i would need way more information to even begin thinking its related to them

Pushing the signal digitally will free up a lot of air space for our emeregency vehicles and hospital equipment. it does need to be done.

but at the same time, the harmful effect of electromagnetics needs to addressed as well.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It's an unknown unknown, but I would bet that given the amount of random EM radiation in the universe, any alien spacecraft would be able to adapt and shield themselves and flight systems pretty easily, if they're expecting it.

After all, aircraft seem to have no problems, despite the little dance with "making sure all electronic devices are in the off position".

(As an aside, who says "off position" in normal speech???)

Edit to add: And welcome to ATS.

[edit on Jan 30th 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Carlthulhu

Wow I just noticed that comparison. That's good puzzle peicing putting together thingy there. Uhh Yeah

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
when i was younger I was facinated when i saw a "stage hypnotist " at a club. I went home and tried to find out everything i could about it and low and behold I find out that television is the perfect medium for hypnotism.
Now with that in mind, movies at the theater used to be played at 64 frames per second, and if in one of those frames they inserted a picture of some hot popcorn ar an ice cold coke, people would go to the concession stand and purchase...without ever realizing they saw the clip.
now even if you know they are going to insert the picture in one of those frames, one can't pic it out, the concious brain sees it as out of context and skips it. .it goes directly to the subconcious brain.
With that in mind, wouldn't it be easier to "insert a clip" in a digital signal at any given time quickly and undetectably than a continous or analog signal?
Don't you think its odd that for years people have been saying too much tv is bad for you, get out and interact with real people, and now the big govt rush is on to make sure everyones tv works.
Just a thought...back away from the boob tube...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Or it could be that technological demands/advances have overtaken the analogue system and the old system is to be faded out cos its too expensive to run/maintain two systems?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Or is it possible that going digital is just an upgrade to an old system.

Remember cassettes? did you put up a similar resistance to when these were getting phased out?

Or do you think the chemicals on the tapes were poisonous to the shadow governments other friends, the reptilians?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Its simple, until now we used the analogue system because that’s all we could achieve. Now we have high speed highly integrated components to handle the high speed required by digital. The higher frequencies also provide a transmission area that has plenty of space compared to the lower frequencies. We could use digital at lower frequencies but it would have used up all the bandwidth. To move to higher frequencies frees up those old tv channels for something else.

UFOs and aircraft are not affected even with the higher power used. TV stations carefully beam signals into the areas they need it most and up into space is not one of those places.

Hope that helps

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I would say from the bandwidth point of view the older analogue system is an inefficient use of the airwaves compared to the digital use of them.

The analogue way just pumps out mindless stuff to your telly boxes and does take a very good section of the wavelength out of action for any other use.... Digital slims that right down AND shoves more nonsense 'down the line' so to speak. So really it's common sense.

I would ask the question is there a planned use for the freed up bands? Cos maybe there is a new gizmo around the corner. I seriously doubt any craft capable of day tripping to out little planet would have too much bother with some pesky radiowaves.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Utter twaddle........even for a conspiracy related website! Come on there's plenty more to spend time debating than this utterly daft theory surely. Digital TV is just a natural progression of improved technology as CDs were from vinyl and is inevitable. That and there are big bucks to be made selling off the old frequencies.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by highlander2008]

[edit on 1-2-2009 by highlander2008]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
interesting topic here...

could this be a simple upgrade or is there a more sinister meaning behind this change ? i have been wondering about this question for a while.

we have been sending signals into space that advertises our existence for quite a while now and if E.T.'s picked up on the signal and wanted to communicate back to us....how would they do that ?

in the same frequency that we sent out or have been using for decades ?

i see this as part of a control method and if there was a conspiracy to hide the truth from us....adverting an Alien communication to the masses would be a high priority imo.

what if the PTB want entities like SETI to be the ones to discover an Alien signal so they can control and filter the release of information ?

think about it...if Aliens attempted to send a message over the free airwaves the goverment would have no control over it and the secret would be out.

maybe they don't want something like this to happen ?

www.youtube.com...

wow i posted this and this thread got moved to skunkworks !

maybe there is some truth here ? hmmm.....

[edit on 1-2-2009 by easynow]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

1. The digital signal is much clearer than the analog signal.

2. For every analog signal going through the cable line the companies can fit fifteen digital signals.

3. The old analog signals can be used by the emergency and public agencies out there. Also, the old frequencies are being bought up by the cell phone industry as they give out more and more numbers.

4. I have a digital ready TV and am debating about dumping cable for over the air signals. Many stations will broadcast at least four extra channels in their bandwidth. I will still get about 50 channels, and not have to pay money for them.

new topics

top topics

join