It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another lie in christianity exposed?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
After awhile, I realized that the only one who would or could help me was myself. There was no god. If there was, what on earth did I do to deserve my life? Please don't tell me my strength in god was being tested. No excuses. Why would the same god help you, a non Christian, over me, a devout Christian? Because god is in our heads. We create our own god so that we have some shred of hope. I learned a great lesson from that period in my life. The people who most need a god need hope and faith in something because they lack it in themselves.

That's my take on god. I'm my own God now and I have faith in myself. After awhile, I realized that the only one who would or could help me was myself. There was no god. If there was, what on earth did I do to deserve my life? Please don't tell me my strength in god was being tested. No excuses. Why would the same god help you, a non Christian, over me, a devout Christian? Because god is in our heads. We create our own god so that we have some shred of hope. I learned a great lesson from that period in my life. The people who most need a god need hope and faith in something because they lack it in themselves.

That's my take on god. I'm my own God now and I have faith in myself.

Congratulations. Trust in self is a step in the right direction. What folks don't yet comprehend readily is that the "Holy Spirit"...the TRUE Holy Spirit [not the unholy spirit masquerading as the Holy Spirit]...is...drum roll please...
Self!

This is the "self" of "know thy Self" fame.
And this is the true Savior...not what most are promoting in the name of "holy".

Holy means whole and one, not separated into individual units like bodies.
The Holy Spirit knows itself as whole and one.
Only spirit can know itself this way.
Flesh is opposite spirit.
Flesh is a symbol of separate personas...separate minds.
This concept must be laid down to know thySelf as the whole Spirit.

Christ!

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Christ!]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

God told us that everything he had created was good. The tree of knowledge is not good.

OPS and i forgot to mention the serpent. That creature was not like any other creature god had created. It was not good.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

There were two trees, if you recall.
The Tree of Knowledge, and,
The Tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The latter tree is the tree of the bad seed.
The world is the fruit of that seed.
The seed of that tree is the concept that there is more than the Tree of Knowledge.

Besides the Tree of Knowledge, nothing can be known.
So,
The world is nothing.
And,
We think we "know" it is "real" or "something", or, "everything".
But,
All the "knowledge" of the world is not true Knowledge.
It is knowledge falsely so-called.
Therein is the deception.
Good AND evil cannot be "known".
It cannot be known because it can not be understood.
It makes no sense.
Only God is.
Nothing else is.
All within the world have believed otherwise, thinking to "know" what is beyond the totality of knowledge.
Beyond the totality of knowledge is the "evil".
What is evil?
A belief!
Nothing more.
A belief is not knowledge!
A belief is imagination.
As such, the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil is a thought in the mind of the Son of God...an idea...a concept...a hypothesis...a story.
The story makes no sense.
The story as no basis [sand].
The story will end [pass away, fall]
Because,
"A mind divided against itself cannot stand"

Christ!

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Christ!]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I couldn't have said it any better. I went through almost the same things, but one point when I was so desperate, I asked God about something I was really struggling with, and asked Him to answer in a way that I would be able to understand, I asked Him to basically hit me upside the head with the answer so I would really know what He wanted me to do.

Well He did answer my prayer in a way I could not mistake...I even told people about it, but you know what? I still didn't start doing what He wants us to.....I still lived my own way, doing the things I wanted to do, because I thought I was a "good" person.

Well He must have wanted to get my attention, because some terrible things happened to me, and I got angry at Him, blamed Him for it.

But you know what? I got to a point where I started every day thanking Him for the wonderful day I was going to have, and even if it turned out terrible, I still went to bed and thanked Him for helping me and giving me the love He has for all of us. And the thing is, things started going a whole lot better for me ever since.

Then a year and a half ago, I became very concerned about something I saw happening in the world and again, I asked God, through Jesus Christ, to send me the Holy Spirit, to guide me, and show me the truth of what I was searching for, again asking Him to show me the answer in a way that I could understand as a Human, and to this day He is still answering that prayer for me.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

Hey!! How you doin' man?

I am not sure if I agree with your posts or not, but you are giving some good food for thought, at least I think so.

Please, if you have anything else you want to share, I would love to hear it!!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

Allow me to clarify my statement, and I understand your beef with my rather lack-luster choice of words. What I meant when I said versions of the Christian Bible was he brings out parallels in different versions such as the NIV, King James, New Jerusalem, New American Study Bible, Living Bible, etc. and shows where there are differences between the verses and where things have been mis-quoted and mis-translated when quoting from Tanakh. I hope this clarifies matters, did you get a chance to even listen to any of his lectures or are you throwing the proverbial baby out with the bath-water without even listening to what the man has to say. He is an amazing scholar.

Peace,
hexagram23

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by hexagram23
reply to post by lunarminer

Allow me to clarify my statement, and I understand your beef with my rather lack-luster choice of words. What I meant when I said versions of the Christian Bible was he brings out parallels in different versions such as the NIV, King James, New Jerusalem, New American Study Bible, Living Bible, etc. and shows where there are differences between the verses and where things have been mis-quoted and mis-translated when quoting from Tanakh. I hope this clarifies matters, did you get a chance to even listen to any of his lectures or are you throwing the proverbial baby out with the bath-water without even listening to what the man has to say. He is an amazing scholar.

Peace,
hexagram23

Jewish?? or at least well versed in Judaism? Just asking because I seem to be the only one who says Tanakh on this board... just not feeling so much like a fish out of water at this moment.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by pureevil81

It seems that you are using a version other than the King James Version, which does not mention anything about Jesus' offspring (nor would it, as He did not have any offspring). Perhaps the version you are using is from a corrupted text, whereas the King James Version is from an uncorrupted text. Try reading those verses from the King James Version, and then see what you think.

Actually the KJV is corrupted in places. It mistranslates Isaiah 7:14 and thus many use it to support their pagan god. Funny thing is, put it into context even using the KJV and it obviously is not talking about Jesus.

I will state this over and over! Jesus is not the Messiah! The Tanakh does not support it. ESPECIALLY in Isaiah is it not supported. Zechariah I can see how verses were pulled out and used to support it after the fact... but Isaiah is pretty damn clear.

Beside, G.d said that when the prophecies were fulfilled, THAT would be the end! He BLUNTLY stated that all flesh would see!! Can't have two ends ya know
... That is in Isaiah by the way!!

[edit on 3-2-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Hi Justamomma,

I added you as my friend a while back because I respect and enjoy (and agree with) just about everything you post. I'm not jewish. I was raised a fundamentalist x-tian as a child and that sent me into studying comparative religion. I find value in all traditions and expressions of spirituality (although do not ascribe to most of them). I would consider myself a Noahide or B'nei Noach. I think that if mankind internalized and followed the 7 Universal laws (or Sheva Mitzvot) world peace would break out in about 2.5 seconds. Anyhow, glad you don't feel so alone.

And to my christian friends, and I do have many, I'm not knocking your system, it just doesn't jive with what I've studied in terms of my own personal path, or the original Hebrew scriptures as Justamomma has been so eloquently saying). But I believe the "Righteous of the Nations" will come from all systems, the system is not the important thing, it is the actualization and experience of the reality of the Singularity (i.e. G-d).

Peace,
hex23

[edit on 3-2-2009 by hexagram23]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hexagram23
Hi Justamomma,

I added you as my friend a while back because I respect and enjoy (and agree with) juust about everything you post. I'm not jewish. I was raised a fundamentalist x-tian as a child and that sent me into studying comparative religion. I find value in all traditions and expressions of spirituality (although to not ascribe to most of them). I would consider myself a Noahide or B'nei Noach. I think that if mankind internalized and followed the 7 Universal laws (or Sheva Mitzvot) world peace would break out in about 2.5 seconds. Anyhow, glad you don't feel so alone.

And to my christian friends, and I do have many, I'm not knocking your system, it just doesn't jive with what I've studied in terms of my own personal path. But I believe the "Righteous of the Nations" will come from all systems, the system is not the important thing, it is the actualization and experience of the reality of the Singularity (i.e. G-d).

Peace,
hex23

Doh! I read that and noticed the green friend notice! haha I do remember now. Been awhile. I am x-tian as well and at one time considered myself Noahide as well until I found out that I am indeed Jewish... Was planning on converting to Judaism to take part in what I belong to, but was clearly rebuked int he Tanakh for this line of thinking.

I will state clearly now that if any are feeling that they are indeed a part of G.d to not convert to Judaism... let G.d handle it. the Word is the Messiah and the collective messiah are those who follow the Word of the LORD and He promised to bring us into our rites! To not trust Him will just sent us on another cycle.

Job is very clear as to why! Saw it in a whole new light. By the end of it, Job who was given to affliction was given double what his brothers and sisters were because He trusted G.d and rebuked them for their false acceptance of the upper class.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Just to clarify, Momma,

I'm not a christian anymore, haven't been since I was an adolescent. I spent a lot of time getting my pants scarred off of me (figuratively, not literally, for the record) in a Pentacostal environment. To quote a song by Billy Bragg which I think is fitting "Their clergy dazzle us with Heaven or they damn us into Hell, we will not worship the god they serve, the god of greed who feeds the rich while poor men starve." I believe my family are sincere, however misguided. I remember my grandparents sending money to televangelists who needed to build a swimming pool for their doghouse (am I dating myself here, anyone, anyone?). I gave it up, said to Hell with it, but I had burning desire for spirituality. I started studying Taoism (which I still really like and think *very* highly of), and Buddhism, and all the pagan occult junk, and I eventually had a burning desire to get to what the Bible was *actually* saying, I wanted to go to the Source (i.e. the original Jewish scriptures). That resonated with my soul, but I think it's because I met the right scholars at the right time which really showed me the quantum nature of Judaism, and it's incredible depths. I studied for conversion for a while, and eventually came to the conclusion through my studies that I didn't have to convert, that there is plenty of room for us "gentiles." Anyhow, long story short, The Torah when understood properly is an organic and living thing. Not a book, a system primarily of psychology and personal refinement with an emphasis on definitive action.

Remember, as it's said in the Christian bible, which is a statement I fully endorse although I do not buy into the Jesus thing "Faith without works is dead." You can believe whatever you want, but it's what you *do* that is important and truly makes a difference.

Peace,
hex23

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Wow...
I don't know the challenge answer.. my family was baptist.. But I went to look it up (about the dog house and $$) and this was one of the first sites to pop up:

Who will G.d save here???

This is what pisses me off!! Not just with religion, but mostly... still.. partial blame goes to science and all of its fruitless attempts to extend life or escape this planet. I am fed up with this crap! Period!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

The answer, madam, is...drum-roll please... Jim Baker (remember Jim and Tammy, their thing was PTL ministries). He got arrested and she started slumming around reality TV for a bit. Now that I remember it, didn't he have an afair with Jessica Hahn (I believe that was her name, I think she was the secretary)-- in fact she ended up in a rock video with Sam Kinneson (who funnily enough was an ex-baptist preacher before he became a foul-mouthed atheist stand-up comic). I think I got all that right, Jimmy Swaggert jerked it to hookers in his limo, and was it Oral Roberts who saw the vision of the 900 foot Jesus who said "raise 10 million bucks or I'm going to kill you?"

Ah the 80s. Have I dated myself yet?

Peace,
hex23

edit for bad grammar

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hexagram23

Wow... I feel like I was back in the 9021-O days with that! I do know most of those names. Evangelicals scare me more than most just because they have shown to be the most bigoted and hell bent on bringing about their prophecies. They tend to be the ones calling for blood... but my family doesn't subscribe to that type of christianity... they are nice, mostly
haha

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Just wanted to clarify to everyone.. I said I am an x-ian and was really I was just confusing myself with (ex/x) thing.
I am an EX-XTIAN! (or ex ex-ian or ex christian)... actually, not sure I was actually a christian at all since I was apparently alway in danger of hellfire when I got in trouble.. so basically, *I am not a christian* ... I am Jewish and am waiting on my Father to tell some of His people off for excluding others... at which time I will be "officially" Jewish by label and not just by blood
(just had to clear that up considering I accidently said I was xtian up there... oops)

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Why are we so in dismay of the fact that religions lie to us?

Both science and religion are based on a lie so how can they do anything other than lie to us?

You know I would agree with the attitude some here have expressed of "don't worry enjoy life" if what we're experiencing as consciousness was indeed life, but it's not.

Of course I do agree there is nothing to worry about, but the reality is we are a form of artificial life, not real life at all.

In truth we are nothing more than dead material with animation, our state of existence IMO should be more accurately described linguistically as a stage of death not life or not real life but rather artificial.

That is what all conscious life is, it's temporary animation and awareness, in a nut shell artificial life.

It is interesting because you'd figure that people who believed in evolution would understood that fact, being so smart and all?

But both religion and science make the mistake of assuming that simply because we are aware and think therefore we must be alive.

It's the old adage I think therefore I am, the greatest and must successful lie ever released into human psychobiology..

----------------

Today's installment from WIG'N ( What Is God Network )

WIG'N #NO 18 Title: Touching God
/ae54w3

-----------------------

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by newday
Why are we so in dismay of the fact that religions lie to us?

Personally I am not in " dismay " that religions or anyone else lies to us, if someone wants to buy a lie then that is their problem as far as I am concerned.

Look at the way the economy and pretty much the whole world is going. I have seen posters here and people everyday saying " jesus has to come back "... its even OK with me if you want to believe that!!!

To sit idly by and watch the world go to hell in a handbasket is what irritates me, do something!!!

Stop waiting for jesus to come back and fix things for you. Does anyone else get that?

Can you not see the whole picture?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

HEY!
Who's not doing anything?
Have you ever been to a protest?
Have you ever contributed money?
Have you ever took in children or adults who needed help to live with you?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81

To sit idly by and watch the world go to hell in a handbasket is what irritates me, do something!!!

Stop waiting for jesus to come back and fix things for you. Does anyone else get that?

Can you not see the whole picture?

If you knew how the things of God worked you wouldn't say that..

No one is sitting idly by, not any human being any way, it is literally not possible to be neutral to our shared condition in this one.

You see truth and revelation is not about watching things going wrong in the world, its about witnessing them going exactly as expected..

----------------

Today's installment from WIG'N ( What Is God Network )

WIG'N #NO 18 Title: Touching God
/ae54w3

-----------------------

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

HEY!
Who's not doing anything?
Have you ever been to a protest?
Have you ever contributed money?
Have you ever took in children or adults who needed help to live with you?

Yes!! all of the above.

I'm not so much talking about that though, How about sending letters to congress? and the many other things you can do!!

Example: My friend of 20 years is a christian, he goes to 6 services at the church per week, and sometimes more, never less.

He memorizes bible verses and can tell me all about the ammorites and the like.

We were talking about the situation the world in, and what things are coming to, you know what he said, " jesus has to come back soon to fix this ". so I asked him if he had done anything at all to stop the corruption, he said whats there to do!! " jesus will fix it ".

Nothing wrong with that?

Something good did come of this though, he understood my point of view and he will be coming over sometime this week to talk about this stuff.

He also asked me " what, you dont believe in god now? ", I said of course I do, I just dont believe jesus is god and he is coming back to " fix " things for me.

Understand now?

You should know clearskies I always respect you and your opinion and am not trying to trap you, OK. So please dont take offence to what I say.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by newday

You see truth and revelation is not about watching things going wrong in the world, its about witnessing them going exactly as expected..

You could be right about that, I dont know.

But at the same time are we suppose to sit by and watch the world go to hell.... old men freezing to death because they couldnt pay their power bill, people living in tents on the side of the road because they lost their job?

Are we suppose to sit back and watch these things happen and not speak up about it and just wait for jesus to come back?

If this is all pre-destined to happen, Why then does it have to happen? Why do people have to suffer?

Thank you newday...

[edit on 3-2-2009 by pureevil81]

[edit on 3-2-2009 by pureevil81]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join