It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I getting a 404 after I uploaded my pics and went to look at them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm just learning how to do this, but now that I figured it out, I uploaded them again, and went to go look at them from my member center to make sure they are up, and now I'm getting the 404. Am I being punished because I got it screwed up last night and they had to remove my thread after I edited it to get rid of it because I screwed up.
Help

And it is not the ats one. I'm not stupid, just learning.
Well, I just tested it from my photobucket and it worked, but not from ats. Thanks

[edit on 30-1-2009 by stardust1955]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Could be you've already hit your upload limit.

I use photobucket personally - google it, it's free, then you just copy and paste the [img] link into your posts

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
A handy guide done by Zedd provides a good guide for uploading images.

Try that and post back if it doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UK Wizard

Hey thanks, but I've already uploaded them, it is just from there I wanted to check them out before I posted them and I'm getting the internet explorer 404. I only have two, and I didn't go over my limit.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Could you post the URL link into the thread please?

eg

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats54692_Clear_Avatar_400.gif

[edit on 30-1-2009 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stardust1955

Nice to know, it is not only me that is happening to. I uploaded some pics, but then it was 404, I then deleted and uploaded about 5 times, the same thing over and over. I finally gave up. I thought it was just me.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's broke for me as well. I changed the name, size, everything. Does anyone know when this will be fixed?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UK Wizard

Okay, I will go to edit, just to put it in and test it from this post, thanks, I hope it works, but if it doesn't I have them in photobucket now. Sorry I'm being such a pain.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I don't get why you guys don't use one of the dedicated image hosting sites such as photobucket - they are free and you can have different accounts for different purposes... Use and abuse their bandwidth why not??

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I just did photobucket, thanks, it works.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If you'd just follow UK Wizard's request we could help you. But without knowing the path you're typing in, can't do much.

Glad you got PB working, but if you want more help, post the full path to both images.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the same problem or not, but 2 or 3 pics I uploaded to try in my avatar and signature line seemed to upload OK, but won't actually work in the avatar or sig. line. A pic from a couple days ago, the one in my avatar now, is the only one that works.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Could you post the URL link into the thread please?

Try this one:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Replace with www.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/same file number
and it works, but having trouble getting that to link here trying again
below

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-1-2009 by nightwing]

Apology, it is moving around as I edit, something of interest here.

Found it again try here

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Nope, the http link to uploads.abovetopsecret.com/atsID got reconverted
to the above catchfly link. Somebody at ATS playing with the master key ?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
As an experiment I just went to my upload space and tried to right click and "open link in new tab" and for each of the new pictures I was taken to a "page not found".
It looks like whatever program is responsible for assigning ATS file#'s to our uploads is not working. None of the links it created in the last couple of days work.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well I just checked the members upload space and it is working fine.
just clicking on any uploaded file will in my case open a new tab.

I should point out that all uploads should be done through ATS, not BTS.
Also there is a file size restriction.

Members can upload JPG, GIF, TXT, and PDF files for use on ATS/BTS that do not exceed 100 kilobytes.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

I have 1 file that is working fine as well. Its only the ones uploaded in the last day or two that do not work. No one file is over 30KB or so, and there is still space remaining overall for additional files.
I think I will try deleting all of the files that do not work and re-upload the 2 I am trying to use and see if that does anything. They should get a new file# assigned to them by the ATS software.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
well, I just uploaded a file to be part of the signature line and right clicking it still brings up the "page not found"
this is the link assigned by ATS
"http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/ats64661_bardwn.jpg"

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
We're having an issue with our media hosting vendor, Cachefly. A trouble ticket has been initiated.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

noted -- I will just sit tight then
thanks

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
OK the pic I uploaded yesterday is now working and appears in my sig. line. So I just uploaded a different pic for the avatar but when I right click on it from the upload space page, I am getting a page not found error again.
It looks like the problem is back, or is there some sort of built in delay before uploaded pics are "usable"?
Is someone over there (at Cachefly) doing things manually???

top topics

<<   2 >>

join