It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steele Picked To Lead RNC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Just because the GOP has a black guy as a frontman; do you think minorities will forget the party that always votes against raising the minimum wage?

Yup. Because all black people can ever hope for is a minimum wage job.

What a ridiculous bigot you are.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
How bout TWO wars, One war on Terror, The war of terror on our economic system
and the half a million jobs GONE this quarter alone?

Should people have voted for more of this?

Apparently they did. We still have two ongoing wars (one set to expand in Afghanistan), an accelerating economic recession and a president using the same Bush-era fear-mongering to get his disastrous economic stimulus package passed.

On the other hand, at least he had a D next to his name on the ballot, not an R, so its all good.

[edit on 6-2-2009 by vor78]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If African Americans made an honest assessment of themselves I bet they would find that they are more in line with the idealogies of Steele than they are with those of Obama, especially when it comes to God, religion and views on homosexuality and abortion.

This may be the beginning of a mass migration of Blacks from the left to the right.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Alxandro]

You mean Obama is a Muslim who goes to a christian church for fun? I think blacks have really enjoyed the last year of insinuations and will jump on board the grand ol party.

Unlike uneducated or poor whites, most uneducated or poor blacks will not vote in a detrimental way to their wallets in the name of Religion. I understand that the government
should have no right to interfere with wages PER GOPers here on ATS. That being said, I think your assumption is very short sighted.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Just because the GOP has a black guy as a frontman; do you think minorities will forget the party that always votes against raising the minimum wage?

The point is deeper than your take fella..

The point is, the GOP does not legislate or seem to believe in fair pay for work. Rather, cons do not believe the government should have a hand in determining wages.
Considering that you are a libertarian, is this not true?

Too many, this attitude seems like a lack of care for ( ).

This lack of care appears and smells a lot like the conservative ideology that wanted to conserve various policies that did not feel good for AA's.

AA's account for some of the people who are harassed about partaking in social services, regardless of the circumstances.

I think AA's also see the hypocrisy in pro life GOP connection.

"Don't abort!"

"let life live"

"but if you can't feed that kid you're on yer own."

Its all smells the like same thing...

You guys just don't get the culture

[edit on 6-2-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

The point is, the GOP does not legislate or seem to believe in fair pay for work. Rather, cons do not believe the government should have a hand in determining wages.
Considering that you are a libertarian, is this not true?

So what's fair for flipping burgers? $10/hour? $20/hour? $30/hour? Whaen government legislates a pay what happens when the market fluctuates the value of the currency being used to pay a mandated sum? Given the swiftness with which government moves I guess they would have to be constantly deciding what "fair" is 24/7.

Too[sic] many, this attitude seems like a lack of care for ( ).

Whoever started this whole "government should care about me" nonsense should be shot in the street. Even if government wanted to "care" about people it cant afford to. Not without confiscating property left and right. So to "care" for those who expect government to be "caring" for them government would have pick a segment of the population and not only not care for that segment but actively oppress and pillage that segment.

This lack of care appears and smells a lot like the conservative ideology that wanted to conserve various policies that did not feel good for AA's.

I didnt realize "AA's" could all be lumped into one ideology. Is it the pigment that forces them to believe this way?

AA's account for some of the people who are harassed about partaking in social services, regardless of the circumstances.

People who partake in social services get harassed about partaking in social services, regardless of the circumstances. A leech is a leech.

I think AA's also see the hypocrisy in pro life GOP connection.

"Don't abort!"

"let life live"

"but if you can't feed that kid you're on yer own."

You could take it back a step and connect "but if you can't feed that kid you're on yer own" with "if you can't feed that kid don't get knocked the hell up" but that would require people to exhibit self control and/or good decision making skills. Maybe the government should go around rolling condoms onto dicks for these apparently incapable people?

You guys just don't get the culture

That is so ridiculously insulting for a multitude of reasons not the least being that there is no singular unified culture of "black" to get.

You're just as big a bigot as that poster who thinks all blacks have to aspire to is minimum wage.

Just one big culture of church-goin' and burger-flippin', huh?

FYI, Carwash is not a documentary.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Have I got a link for you.

Please check this thread

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

And what a ridiculous fool you are for trying to construe that I only believe that people of color only aspire to minimum wage.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It's exactly what you said. I'm glad you left the quote intact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join