It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sitx ongoing in the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
My God. Since when is a snowstorm a SitX??? :shk: Why can't you call a spade a spade instead of trying to attach that label to it? Oh, I forgot. It gets more replies.

It rained today. Oh noes! SITX!
RUN FOR THE HILLS!

The power's out. Oh noes! SITX!
RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Phone went dead. Oh noes! SITX!
RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Protest in the capital? Oh noes! SITX!
RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Earthquake. Oh noes! SITX!
RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Tornado. Oh noes! SITX!
RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Flood. Oh noes! SITX!
RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Revolution, total anarchy, people dead in the streets, collapse of government, starvation nationwide, Martial Law.

Huh? Oh, that's just normal. SOS, different day.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
My God. Since when is a snowstorm a SitX??? :shk: Why can't you call a spade a spade instead of trying to attach that label to it? Oh, I forgot. It gets more replies.

Just in this area an entire town without water or gas and blocked in by snow ( Rothbury Northumberland), A ambulance on its roof in a ditch and the resuers cant find it cos its GPS aerial has snapped, a school bus on its roof near Stokerly, etc Not all situation unknowns will be glitzy hollywood affairs.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Recycled Colorado Bear Whiz and Buttwiper? I tried that luke warm recycled tea you blokes called 'lager' when I lived there in the mid 90's and if that's was you called great British beer, you may keep it all to yourselves. I did, however, grow quite fond of Woodpecker Cider despite the wicked hangover it gives. Beerwise, Shiner Bock is my favorite local brew. They may stock it in that Texas -themed restaurant down in London but it likely skunky after the boat ride over there. If you think our beer tastes bad, you ought to try anything bottled in Europe that's been sitting in a boat for 6-8weeks and then in some warehouse for months. Talk about vile tasting. After visiting Germany, the Czech Republic and Austria and getting it fresh off the brewer's tap, a few micro-brewed bottled come close but no cigar. Besides, I switched to Scotch Whiskey as my favored form of killing brain cells while I was over there.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I honestly hadn't heard the term SITX until a week or so ago. I'm in CT. It's just snowing. It always snows in winter. It always snows in the middle of the country in the winter, and usually a few feet, and power goes out and supplies need to be rerouted and freight gets rerouted and people stay home until the weather/roads get better.

Is everything a SITX now?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
reply to post by Northern Raider

Recycled Colorado Bear Whiz and Buttwiper? I tried that luke warm recycled tea you blokes called 'lager' when I lived there in the mid 90's and if that's was you called great British beer, you may keep it all to yourselves. I did, however, grow quite fond of Woodpecker Cider despite the wicked hangover it gives. Beerwise, Shiner Bock is my favorite local brew. They may stock it in that Texas -themed restaurant down in London but it likely skunky after the boat ride over there. If you think our beer tastes bad, you ought to try anything bottled in Europe that's been sitting in a boat for 6-8weeks and then in some warehouse for months. Talk about vile tasting. After visiting Germany, the Czech Republic and Austria and getting it fresh off the brewer's tap, a few micro-brewed bottled come close but no cigar. Besides, I switched to Scotch Whiskey as my favored form of killing brain cells while I was over there.

Lager and beer are two completely different drinks, nothing in common between them, oddly enough I prefer Southern Comfort to Scotch. If you like cider the next time you are here get ones of the locals to find some scrumpy for you, The nearest thing you could get to scrumpy in the US is the rocket fuel used to propel titan missiles.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I honestly hadn't heard the term SITX until a week or so ago. I'm in CT. It's just snowing. It always snows in winter. It always snows in the middle of the country in the winter, and usually a few feet, and power goes out and supplies need to be rerouted and freight gets rerouted and people stay home until the weather/roads get better.

Is everything a SITX now?

Stix X is just a brief way of saying situation unknown, it tranposes nicely with SHTF but the biggy is TEOTWAWKI

top topics

<< 1   >>

join