It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime and Gangs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Twelve years ago the Sheriff in my county had told me in the coffee shop this. 80% of our trouble was from drugs and alcohol.

I have seen "13" sprayed painted on some buildings in the biggest city in my little county.

My questions are this: How is gun control going to stop one million gang member? How many guns come up from Mexico?
To disarm the US citizen would only give the gangs more power over the people, wouldn't it?

Roper

www.usatoday.com...

Criminal gangs in the USA have swelled to an estimated 1 million members responsible for up to 80% of crimes in communities across the nation, according to a gang threat assessment compiled by federal officials.

The gang population estimate is up 200,000 since 2005

One group that continues to spread despite law enforcement efforts is the violent Salvadoran gang known as MS-13.

Michael Sullivan, the departing director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, says the gang's dependence on shocking violence to advance extortion, prostitution and other criminal enterprises has frustrated attempts to infiltrate and disrupt the insular group's activities.

"MS-13's foothold in the U.S. is expanding," Sullivan says.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
it's strange isn't it, how the longer the war on drugs goes on the more dangerous and violent the drug gangs become and the less safe we are in our cities and homes.

the only thing this war does is facilitate the generous reward of the most violent and heartless people.

the only way to break up these gangs is to end prohibition. the longer this situation is allowed to exist the worse the situation is going to become.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Gangs are a major threat to the security of this nation. Gangs like MS13, Nuestra Familia, Suernos and gangs with Southeast Asia origins are rapidly increasing in numbers and the degree of violence.

I lived in Charlotte, NC from 2001 to 2004 and MS13 was on a rapid rise then and is probably worse now. Two bodies linked to MS13 were found about 2 weeks apart less than 1/2 mile from where I worked. One body was dumped in a popular park and the other was left in a field close to a Goodwill drop off trailer. Bold and brazen. These are scary dudes

www.knowgangs.com... For more info on all of the major gangs.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I wish it was that easy. Those efforts to maintain the legality of certain drugs are slowly losing favor in Amsterdam. Coffee houses and brothels are slowly being shut down across the city.

www.dw-world.de...

Furthermore, I can't imagine the legalization of hardcore drugs like crack, meth, coc aine or heroine in this country. Pot, maybe but pot is a gateway drug for those highly susceptible to addiction. Wow, pandora's box.

Anyway, you raise a good point and there are many theories as to US govt. involvement in drug trafficking.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Take it from someone involved in one of these "criminal organizations" the problems America is facing is definitely going to be from MS13 and other Latin American Gangs. There is not much to worry about with "homegrown" gangs, ex. Bloods, Crips, etc. as these gangs punish their members for attacking, or otherwise involving "civilians" in any way. MS13, not so much. 18th street, not so much.

You mentioned Charlotte, do you remember in 03 when four MS members gunned down some other people on Albermarle, they were arrested and deported, but somehow in 06 they miraculously surfaced back in Charlotte and were arrested in another homicide. All four of them.

Our lax immigration laws and sanctuary cities are a big part. When members feel that the worst that could happen is simply being deported, they don't care, when its so simple to get back in here.

And in El Salvador, theres over 6 million MS13 and over 4.8 million 18th Street members, thats just those that live there. When they are wanted over there, guess where these herbs come? Thats right, over here to the good ole USA.

Immigration. That is key

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think maybe most of you are right but that wasn't my questions.

How can disarming the US citizen make us safe? There is an army of thugs out there and they won't disarm.

So how can USHB 1022 do anything but make a citizen a victim?

Can government legislate safety?

Now remember, there is an army of thugs that don't give a rats ass for your family,you or anybody.

Roper

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It won't do anything but make it easier to get robbed. i know i can personally take a ten minute walk, arrive at this guys house i know, and peruse his selection of "throwaways". And he has a nice selection, i've seen it.

Taking guns ain't going to keep guns off the street. It ain't like these guns are ones that are stolen from peoples house. No way, cause i've seen m-16s and mp5s and this stuff looks like dude bought them from cops. He didn't ever say that.

On the other hand, if a law-abiding citizen who doesn't turn in their guns, is labeled a criminal, well, in that case. i know a guy
But seriously, when SHTF or w/e i basically have access to a military grade armory. And so do lots of non- law abiding citizens.

As i stated prior, the "homegrowns" would probably be the first to declare revolution, truth be told, if i ever turned them on to ATS, they'd never leave
i could solve the gang "problem" single handly. You'd be surprised the discussions that go on in the ghettos and slums of the US.

i'd like to mention, that i believe ms13 at least is being funded and/or supplied by the Gov't. i've heard stories of them orchestrating arms deals between some entity in the US and Mexican drug cartels, also, one ms13 dude i had some animosity with a few years back, this guy had an AT4, a friggin rpg. Scared the crap out of me. especially since it is well known these ms13 dudes don't care about anything. They'll do anything. Literally anything, to anybody. Civilians, Homegrowns, even each other.

I can tell you from personal knowledge and experience that he gov't is trying its hardest to crack down on organizations such as the Gangster Disciples, while not even putting much effort or focus on MS or 18th St. Its as if they want to wipe out what they cannot control and leave what they can control in its place.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Here are some more, current news.

If/when Obama and Co. disarm the US citizen we will be doomed.

Roper

www.chron.com...

The order was clear: Kill the guy in the Astros jersey.

But in a case of mistaken identity, Jose Perez ended up dead. The intended target — the Houston-based head of a Mexican drug cartel cell pumping millions of dollars of coc aine into the city — walked away.

www.usatoday.com...

ATLANTA — In a city where Coca-Cola, United Parcel Service and Home Depot are the titans of industry, there are new powerful forces on the block: Mexican drug cartels.

top topics

join