It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Who Say "Obama hasn't accomplished anything"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

You said, "You guys are too much. Insinuating that Obama is a baby is not really the best way to win your argument, is it? Don't you think making fun of the President kind of discredits the points you're trying to get across?

I think a lot of you Obama haters are a lot like the Bush haters who have been fired up for the last 8 years. You flat out dislike the guy, not just his policies, and it shows in everything you say, how you say it, how you react to people who support him. At every turn you're handicapping yourself when you resort to mocking. Don't you know that? You're marginalizing yourselves every time you click "Post Reply"

Are you for real?

My point is not that Barack Obama is a baby, the point is that the media treats him like one. Everytime he makes any kind of a noise the media rushes to his side. Then they all trip over themselves to report on what ever caused the noise. Then they crow about him and how he sends thrills up and down their legs, etc. This is how adult parents treat their babies, it is not supposed to be how a nation treats its leader.

The point about the Baby Book has nothing to do with Obama, but if we are going to have to listen to the media fawn over him, then let's document it in a Book of Firsts. Unfortunately, they don't make these kinds of books for adults. By the time you are an adult, people tend to expect that you have some accomplishments.

By the way, I am not a "hater". I like Obama personally, and I'm sure that he'd be great to go get a beer with, watch the Super Bowl with, or just hang out. You seem to imply that the man is above rebuke or criticism and that is a very dangerous idea. This is the way that a cult of personality develops and that usually ends very badly.

It is healthy for free people in a free country to exercise their rights of free speech and one the best ways to do that is with humor. That is what I am doing. If you are saying that we can't do that, without being called "haters", then you imply that we really don't have any right to free speech. Put that together with the cult of personality that I mention and we are well on the way to a totalitarian dictatorship. It's happened before, it can happen again.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by protected

Maybe he WILL do it, then. He has just under four years left. Don't go ranting about broken promises until it's over.

So you're saying as long as he posts ONE bill for public comment before his four year term is over then he has kept this promise?

Interesting viewpoint... I wish I could pay taxes on just my final paycheck of the year and say "but I paid taxes so you can't say I didn't!"

What will it take for you to look at the reality of the situation?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
You guys are too much. Insinuating that Obama is a baby is not really the best way to win your argument, is it? Don't you think making fun of the President kind of discredits the points you're trying to get across?

I understand your point but the baby analogy fits him quite well actually, considering his age and being how he happens to be extremely new in the political arena.

Besides, nobody would be able to get away with it
if they tried doing something like this.

Trust me, stick with the baby analogy.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Great so now Mr. Obama will be releasing known criminal elements aka terrorists or terrorist sympathizers onto America's streets. Yet more of that change we're waiting for and about to get full unGodly force.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Oh yes, we should all hail Obama.
He has accomplished more in less than 100 days than probably any other POTUS in U.S. history.

Unfortunately, it will take decades to fix what he has done.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freelancer
I have to agree with jam321 and others on this thread, that have stated that it is too early to make any substantial claims against President Barack Obama.

Let's not forget that the new president must take on and sort out the previous foreign and domestic policies of the last presidential office before he can implement his own.

My sentiments exactly.

Its good to finally see a thread with some sense regarding this issue.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Star and flag.
Don't let the haters get you down though...Barack Obama could literally cure world hunger, and the whacko far right would still have a problem with him.

It goes for the whacko far left too.
Too many people get caught up in my team politics.

Barack Obama has done some good things so far in his short term in office.

George Bush did a few good things in his 8 years in office, but his bad things far outweighed them.

It's highly hypocritical and extremely idiotic of some people to criticize obama for the same things Bush did.

When bush was in office, those who doubted the president were considered treasonous and told to leave if they didnt like it

obama is in office, and those same people who used to say "leave if you dont like it" are now screaming "down with America" by praying to God for Barack Obama to fail.

All you can do is set back, take notes of those individuals who can't seem to remember what really happened in the time span of the year 2000-2008, and make sure you avoid them at all costs.

The only way to truly destroy someone that you just flat out can't stand is to completely ignore them and let them roll around in that filth that they call truth.

Atleast thats how im trying to force myself to see things...im getting a little bit closer every day.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What I have issue with is his failure to repeal the Patriot Act, as promised. I have issue with the repealing of NAFTA, which he also promised. I have issue with Iraq and his promise to remove soldiers immediately. Along with a dozen other new policies he is implementing so fast, we don't even get to see whats coming down the pike until it is too late.

We have substantial proof that he has gone back on his promises, that is my basis in fact. Perhaps you do not understand the constitutional ramifications, of that hunk of S ** t legislation called, the Patriot Act. And how it takes away our constitutional rights as well as look for enemies of the state. You obviously don't understand government and how they work. This is in direct conflict with our constitution and our personal freedoms, we Americans enjoy. It can be used against us for any reason without due process. He said clearly in his campaign that he would repeal this Act but as of Wednesday he recanted and instead has added to it. This is only one of many instances in which we have legitimate issue. You need to do research in the bills that have already passed and the ones he is about to pass to understand clearly. A FINE EXAMPLE OF OUR NEW LEADER'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS, DON'T YOU THINK?

[edit on 10-4-2009 by drummerroy39]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
vyrtigo

I just read up on the patriot act, perhaps you know something that i dont about it. What kind of danger does the patriot act put your average law abiding citizen in?

Don't mean to insult you, but I think you should have done a bit more reading. Here's what's wrong with the Patriot Act:

1. The government can conduct a 'sneak and peek' search of your home without a warrant, and doesn't have to notify you until later. Just a little bit disturbing when you have so much corruption in Washington.

2. The government can go look at your library record, look at what book stores you've visited, what books you've read, doctor's offices, banks, etc... And if the location they searched informs you about the search, they could face prosecution.

3. The FBI, ATF, and Secret Service can install bugs in any of your communications devices (phones, computer monitoring, pager, etc...) even when you are not suspected of a crime.

4. Federal Agents can detain and arrest anyone suspected of (sweeping term) "terrorist activities" and detain them indefinitely without charging them with a crime or providing access to an attorney.

5. Federal Agents can fully investigate anyone who engages in protest activities, or is an activist for a certain cause.

6. Federal Agents can listen to conversations between prisoners and their attorneys, voiding the right to legal counsel.

7. Anyone 'suspected' of terrorist activities can be tried by a military tribunal where there is no jury, no right to counsel, no right to see evidence against you, and no right to appeal.

8. The CIA, the United State's foreign spy agency, is permitted to use its advanced spy equipment domestically on American Citizens without warrants.

Source: mccarthyism.tribe.net...

Also See Full Text: Patriot Act: Full Text

Opinion:

It is the most horrible, Anti-American piece of garbage ever dragged through the slimy halls of congress and dumped on the citizenry. It has essentially eviscerated civil liberties.

Although, I don't think you'll have a problem if you're a tight-lipped follower who would rather obey than question. Because if you protest or criticize the government, you can legally be entered into a database and tracked, all legally because of the Patriot Act.

Heck they can even throw your name on the massive 'terrorist watch list.' As many journalists who tell the truth and criticize the government can tell you, it's pretty hard to fly anywhere when you get on this list.

The current number of people on the list is over 1 million, including many children (source: ACLU.org).

Also, please don't even bring into discussion the 'threat meter,' aka the 'propaganda ladder,' it's complete hogwash and is just used to incite fear.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join