It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think is going to happen to Iceland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
With the whole situation of Iceland what do you think will happen to the people their and the country?

Will they become part of Denmark again?

Become a colony of some country.

Become a big military base for whoever's left after the economic situation

Everybody eventually leaves the country.

Join the European Union, Join an eventual NAU

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well Kerry McFadden isnt doing the adverts for them anymore so i expect the food stocks will actualy be there when you go shopping there next time

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by heretic today gone tomorr

I think the OP means the country not the shop

and on your signature i think whats happened you just ran our of space

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It will be interesting to watch what happens in Iceland because it may be a model of what is going to happen to the rest of us.

Their economy crashed. Ours might as well, just a little bit slower.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think Iceland will look to join the EC ,however there fishing industry will not want to open there waters to european fishing a real catch "22"

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well I geuss it will restructure itself and re-emerge like how argentina did.

I mean when a modern country defaults its not truly collapsed with goats in the street and biker gangs running things.

It perhaps will be like argentina a period of strife and hardship but with proper management and industrial hardwork of the people is can again prosper in a short period of time.

If/when the US goes through the same thing, it could be different do to a few factors i think like being well armed, super religious, and much higher expectation of luxuries. But I think the US will emerge stronger than ever and hopefully with a reduced in size govt and smart taxes.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77
[It will be interesting to watch what happens in Iceland because it may be a model of what is going to happen to the rest of us. Their economy crashed. Ours might as well, just a little bit slower. ]

That's interesting, It almost seems like a Litmus test to me. Iceland has only 320,000 people! Heck, The city of Vancouver, BC where I live has 578,041 people.

I suspect they will be able to resist any incursion by the EU due to an relatively strong Icelandic culture that has been there since at least the year 874.

But America? Can anyone say FEMA camps?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If IcIeland do end up going all eurotrash then they will loose out on thier own culture and identity just look at what has happened to the united kingdom and united states, the uk is at bursting point with migrant workers and illegal immigrants and asylum seekers, as much as i know nothing of Iceland or its peoples i wouldnt like that to happen to them

FEMA CAMPS

[edit on 30/1/2009 by heretic today gone tomorr]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Iceland gets taken over which it now is, the fast track to the EU.

The federal superstate is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

I think more tourists will be buyin land, houses... If I could afford it I would buy some land there, it's a very cool place, reminds me of Ireland with more geographical variety such as geothermal geysers.

new topics

top topics

join