It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Super Bowl! The Superest Duperest Event Every Year!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I know. My title stinks, but hey. It's the Super Bowl!!!!!

As much as it pains me to say this, I am routing for the Steelers. The Cardinals are a formidable team though. The Cardinals QB (Warner) is a proven commodity. Hightower is a freakin' tank. Fitzgerald is just shy of the perfect receiver. They are coached very well as well. They are a very good team.
The Steelers are a good team as well. That being said, the Steelers will need to be on their 'A' game. If they make any mistakes..............

I will answer with my heart, and with my head.

My heart - The Steelers will take care of business and make the Cardinals look bad. (The Eagles did that to the Cardinals early in the season, so it can be done.)

My head - The Cardinals want it more, and came to win.

It is either going to be a boring blowout of a game, or it will come down to the last minute of play. I hope for the latter.

Oh. I forgot to mention that I am one of those geeks who actually likes the commercials. I really do! Some of them are awesome. I always like the beer commercials. Creative and fun. Sometimes funny as heck, sometimes poignant. Remember the Budweiser Clydesdales bowing down to ground zero? Man! I do. It received alot of criticism, but not from me. I thought it was fantastic!

I also start my Super Bowl day early. Fattening foods. You know. Wings, chili, stew, REAL Philly cheese steaks, hoagies, salsa (home made of course), Pizza, sausage and peppers and the like. Oh. I forgot to mention beer.

Pre game is on every TV. Laughing it up with my friends - let the BS of the real world dissolve for the day. When the Star Spangled Banner comes on - DON'T ANYONE SAY A FREAKIN' WORD until it's complete. Yep. I stand and salute during it. When the song is complete and the squadron of F-16's make their pass I will more than likely have a tear running down my cheek - for all of the right reasons.

The game is always fun. Usually boring, but fun none the less. Halftime show is usually OK at best. It's the whole event. This is truly an American Holiday. Watching big sweaty men hit each other as hard as they can to gain control of an oddly shaped ball. To get the ball to cross a plane painted on the grass. To achieve the ultimate prize - the LOMBARDI TROPHY.

I love the game of NFL Football. It is my favorite by far.

I can't wait! Let's hope for a great game!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
you realize elevatedone is gonna have a field day with you.:shk:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
< In case you have forgot who i'm rooting for, just look at the avatar.

This Super Bowl is going to one for both the ages and possibly the record books. We have two high powered offense going up against each other in Pittsburgh and Arizona. Not only that, we also have two defenses that are potent. We have the Number 1 Ranked Defense in the National Football League going up against a defense that doesn't even show up on occasions.

However, having the utmost respect for the two-time National Football League MVP that is Kurt Warner, I have followed his time in the NFL closely. Even though I'm not that big of a fan of the National Football Conference, I did pull for Kurt when he was with the St. Louis Rams when he was part of the "Greatest Show on Turf" along with Marshall Faulk, Torry "Big Game" Holt, and Isaac Bruce when they went to two Super Bowls in three years.

T-Minus 52 hours and 38 minutes until kickoff of Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa Bay.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
you realize elevatedone is gonna have a field day with you.:shk:

We shall see if he comes out of his shell, shan't we?

Come on EO! Where are you?!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
*runs in...* I'm here.. I'm here...

Woo Hoo, it's the Super Bowl and the Steelers are in it. Oh Baby.

As I've previously said, will they win it, I don't know, I think this is going to be one of the better SB's we've seen.

I'll root for them, scream and yell all game long and in the end, I hope the Steelers come out on top.

If they don't, well then at least we were there and had a great season.

I've got my Sunday all planned out...

Sleeping until around 11am or so
breakfast with the wife
Playing online for a little while
Watching the History of the Steelers dvd that she bought me.
Watching the SB 40 Sports Illustrated dvd that I have
catching some pre-game stuff and then the big game.

Ooooh I can't wait.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
*runs in...* I'm here.. I'm here...

Woo Hoo, it's the Super Bowl and the Steelers are in it. Oh Baby.

As I've previously said, will they win it, I don't know, I think this is going to be one of the better SB's we've seen.

I'll root for them, scream and yell all game long and in the end, I hope the Steelers come out on top.

If they don't, well then at least we were there and had a great season.

I've got my Sunday all planned out...

Sleeping until around 11am or so
breakfast with the wife
Playing online for a little while
Watching the History of the Steelers dvd that she bought me.
Watching the SB 40 Sports Illustrated dvd that I have
catching some pre-game stuff and then the big game.

Ooooh I can't wait.

You know. Every time I think that I don't really like you, I realize how much I really do.

Enjoy your day my good man. I just wish it was a Steelers/Eagles game and we could watch it together. Oh well. As I've said for 40 years now, NEXT YEAR!

If nothing else, let's catch a regular season game together next year.

Stay Cool EO!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
*Looks around*

GO CARDS!!!

*Runs away*

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

I just wish it was a Steelers/Eagles game and we could watch it together. Oh well. As I've said for 40 years now, NEXT YEAR!

Umm, should I wear black and white and bring a whistle?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Hmmmmmm................ wear your black and white... just be there.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This appearing as a one sided thread I will come in and support the Cardinals because someone has to. Go Cards!!!!

Disclaimer: I was contractually obligated by MemoryShock and SchroDog to post this due to my being in the Cardinals Avatar contest.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

Hey, I want in on that action as well!

Forgive my avatar lombozo....I have no excuse....that dirty EO and his filthy mind games.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Since the Patriots can't be there. I am sorry but I have to go with the Cardinals.

Good luck to both teams, and I like the commercials too.

new topics

top topics

join