It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The blame game starts at Davos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The blame game starts at Davos

news.bbc.co.uk

The annual gathering of politicians and business leaders at the World Economic Forum in Davos is normally a time for celebration of the triumph of global capitalism - and a plea from those outside the magic circle to be allowed to join in.

But this time things are very different.

International bankers are keeping a low profile, and at the opening session the prime ministers of Russia and China blamed the US for the global economic crisis and called for radical reform of the world financial system.

Will the deepening global crisis lead to recriminations rather than cooperation among political leaders, despite the hopes expressed at the G20 summit of world leaders in the autumn?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
As I was reading this particular article....I began to see how thing are shaping in the world. I use to think we were going to see a North American currency ushered in but as I see the global market imploding around everyone it seems very obvious to me that not a North American currency but a one world global currency on the horizon. Is that what will end up being the solution here? Tell me your thoughts on this theory.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I see Russia and China being real pissed off.
If I were them I wouldn't want to have anything to do with the Americans anymore.
I see a North American currency more then a world currency.
I would isolate the problem and keep it in North America and stay away from what screwed them in the past.
They might even be mad enough to start war.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I think it was more the international banking community that was the root cause of this in my opinion. That includes everyone not just the US.This is a much broader greed problem than wall street. This i something that has been going on for years and their fleecing of all of us in the world has finally come into the light and it is having disastrous effects. It just seems to me that the next step and probably what is wanted is a global currency. In the end there will be no sovereign nations ala(Gene Rodenberry).

new topics

top topics

join