It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Faked(!) a space shuttle image

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This seems like a solid proof that NASA has been hiding or faking facts for some time - as many here have suggested.

Read on - blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Caps lock text edit.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by phaistonian

Here is the photo...

Id like to see what some other members have to say about this before I jump head first and say something invalid.. Someone like Zorgon or phage

Tell me:

Why are there stars in the picture?

First, the cabin lights were on. That means the photo would use a SHORT exposure time and a SMALL aperture, otherwise the bright interior would be overexposed. But there’s no way you could see stars in a photo under those circumstances

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Did you study the material in the link you provided?

Of course it´s fake, it´s a previz dating back to 2000 illustrating a new cockpit design. 2D/3D images are often used to show somthing under/before construction :-)

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tomra

Thing I was wondering was where is the steering wheel or joystick.

like this...farm1.static.flickr.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

solid proof

Are you serious?

Look up "solid". Now look up "proof".

You can watch the entire STS-119 mission on the Nasa feed, or watch ISS now; they'd need an audio/visual Army of a staff, just to create fakes 24/7...

Thread.Title->Rename("Question about a Nasa pic");

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Here´s an image from the STS 101 era...

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Glass cockpit image library...

oea.larc.nasa.gov...

Perhaps the OP´s provided image is from the simulator?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Actually, been looking into this, and I think that the photo is real.

The updated cockpit was for sts-100, and looking through the photos for sts-100 I found this photo
spaceflight.nasa.gov...
STS100-E-5018 (20 April 2001) --- One of the crew members of STS-100 aimed a digital still camera through Endeavour's aft flight deck windows to record this image of the cargo bay, backdropped against a scene of black space and Earth's horizon. Housed in the bay, beyond...

When you look at the full size version you can see stars, the photo was taken from INSIDE the shuttle and the earth seems to be about the same exposure.

Just my oppinion

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The guy who made that blog is an idiot.
"I DEMAND NASA SHUT DOWN THE SHUTTLE PROGRAM"

Yeah right buddy.........

[edit on 30-1-2009 by avail]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
How could this be construed as anything but CG? It looks like a freaking video game screenshot.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
How could this be construed as anything but CG? It looks like a freaking video game screenshot.

It is if you read the screen shot text on the actual NASA site which is from the year 2000 it says it is what the cockpit will look like in 2002. I'm sure more people will point this out.

link

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well, I guess that one photo just goes to prove that there never have been any shuttle launches and that the whole U.S. space program is fake. Somebody tell all those people working in Houston and Cape Canaveral to go home. The jig is up.

Oh, also tell those people who have seen all the UFOs in the grainy space shuttle footage that those are fake, too. All part of the ruse, I'm afraid.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Nohup]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by phaistonian

Do you have any idea what you just posted? This is a link from Bad Astronomy. You need to read before you post crap like this. Bad Astronomy is making fun of people who call everything fake, namely this forum.

I think Bad Astronomy is awesome, and they just made you look REAL foolish.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus

The simulator ORBITER has a nice one too.

Default cockpit of the Atlantis shuttle in the sim.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 30-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I guess all of those launches I have attended were actually holograms and REALLY BIG subwoofers....shame.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I went to space camp when i was a kid. We learned how to do all sorts of cool stuff. My favorite part was learning to fly the space shuttle on simulators (I can fly the hell out of the space shuttle and land it no prob). Plus there was a full sized version of the shuttle there. It was pretty cool.
Anyway i got to see a working replica of the cockpit. It looks exactly like that!

Too bad that image is a CG

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
you should have read the comments b4 posting this,,,,you would mhave had an answer

this pic is a mockup,,,straight from wikipedia

look on the link,,look at the last line of the summary

en.wikipedia.org...:STSCPanel.jpg

Note: this is a composite image that was published prior to this cockpit configuration ever flying. The control sticks and seats are missing. The background was photoshopped from a separate image

conspiracy solved

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
thread backfired ouch

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
thread backfired ouch

and all i did was read the link provided

too easy!!

new topics

top topics