It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC 1 -- broadcast tower....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Can we find out which stations used WTC1's broadcast antenna to see if any stations were knocked off the air...?

I just thought about this ... and I dont recall any problems due to WTC1 collapsing ... seems there should have been at least one or two.... went to dead air...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

You're totally right. I don't remember hearing of ANY radio or television signals going dead during or after the colapse of the tower. You would think that at least some NY based signals would go out. Maybe the powers that be used the warnings of these attacks to switch the signals from the massive antennae to another source, instead of preventing this catastrophie in the first place.
Besides, I'm sure the Bush admin wanted us to see these towers fall over and over again for it's own agenda, (in which he suceeded).

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There were power outages caused by the collapses, but news crews were obviously unaffected. The FDNY had more trouble during the collapses as they lost radio communications.

I know there is more information on this somewhere on the web, but right now all I could find was this image:

home.debitel.net...

There was also a brief power problem when the buildings were impacted. In some impact videos you can see around the instant the building is hit, lights flicker on the street level. That makes less sense to me, but I have no idea what role the WTC Towers played as far as power distribution.

Somewhat related, here is a .pdf discussing the effects of the WTC collapses on telecommunications and specifically internet routing:

www.renesys.com...

[edit on 30-1-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The 360-foot television mast atop One World Trade Center supports 10 main television antennas, numerous auxiliary antennas and a master FM antenna. Transmissions from the mast began in June, 1980. Ten television stations in the metropolitan area, including all the major networks, broadcast from the mast. In addition, six stations broadcast high-definition, digital television from the World Trade Center.

Its Fox...I know, I know...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldudirino
reply to post by BornPatriot

I don't remember hearing of ANY radio or television signals going dead during or after the colapse of the tower.

Here ya go:
Terrorists Take Stations off The Air

It appears the collapses affected "Over the Air" Signals, but obviously not for those getting reception via cable.
Apparently took 8 stations off the air.

Every major station in the city — except for WCBS, which maintained a backup transmitter on the Empire State Building — went down in the crash of the WTC, extinguishing service to one in five households — 7.3 million — that receives TV over the air.

top topics

join