It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 Whats Your View??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
it is now the 30th of january and ufo sightings and records are on the rise everyday.

we are seeing countries all over the world disclosing information on aliens and ufos.

is this maybe to soften the blow of alien contact on a large scale basis?
or simply to put fear into our minds that were all under threat from these beings?

i myself am a 21 year old man and have been studying subjects such as, nwo, the global elite, the bilderberg groups, the rothchilds and walburgs, the lost city of atlantis, niburu, aliens and ufos for around two years now, as i am still young ( in the sense of my knowledge of these subjects ) i studie both for and against each subject, taking them apart and looking at all information i can find.

since i was around 14 ive had a growing feeling inside me that something big is building up and recently it has grown stronger on an expedential scale.

my belief is that within this year and next we are going to be contacted by aliens and i do not believe there is any threat there, if they meant us harm they would have done it long ago. i think these beings are curious about us, i think they have took there time and studied us as we have studied them as best we can.

as the collective conciousness grows from fear to excitement over these beings i think they will soon realise that in turn we mean them no harm as they mean us no harm

embrace the coming times is what i say and look forward to a brighter future, but remember it has to taste bitter before it tastes sweet thanks again peace

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have afew questions for you. If you where a alien from a distant land, would you land here? If yes, what would you gain by making contact?

Do you think people are ready to face something like that?
I'm not religious, but for the sake of this chat imagine if jesus came back.
HOW many people would even believe it, UNLESS he performed some amazing trick! We're to simple, who knows aliens might be with us right now.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
it is now the 30th of january and ufo sightings and records are on the rise everyday.

Does this represent a true "flap" or are we just hearing about them more, a function of the internet age?

we are seeing countries all over the world disclosing information on aliens and ufos.

Files of sightings have been released, but has there been any true "disclosure?"

is this maybe to soften the blow of alien contact on a large scale basis?
or simply to put fear into our minds that were all under threat from these beings?...i myself am a 21 year old man and have been studying...for around two years now...

Give it time. You will see how disclosure is always "just around the closer" but never seems to come and that public interest waxes and wanes.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ecain

i dont think they have anything to gain other than research, just as we study species of animals and plants. we like to log and book everything we study. perhaps they do the same, as in " weve found this new species, we will study it ".

i do think as a collective conciousness the thought has been crossing our minds for centuries, everyone either in there sub concious or concious mind has that question " are we alone in the universe " . and with that in mind if that kind of major question is answered then i think it would seriously help the human race to evolve either mentally or physically.

SAVIOUR COMPLEX IM REPLYING TO YOU IN THIS POST ASWELL BECAUSE I JUST CANT BE BOTHERED STARTING A NEW ONE LOL

I must say i enjoyed your reply, you ask the right kind of questions that provoke thought in the mind

I agree with your first point that the internet age has aided the knowledge of ufo cases and such. Statistics show though that the number of sightings are growing extremely fast. Again that could be technology advancing that is increasing the statistics

I never said there was a full disclosure, but " Disclosing " i would say ( and maybe ive used the wrong word here lol ) is release in process. There giving out small facts just now and hopefully will increase untill were all up to date. Its like a really old cumputer, the best way to update it is to go through the stages.

Thanks for your input my friends, i really enjoy a good hearted conversation
peace

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
don't take this the wrong way, but do you think they care what we think?
I'm just trying to put myself in there shoes. I'd almost see no reason to land and make real contact. Now flying here, looking at us, yeah I could see that happening. I'd like for aliens to make contact, but then i ask myself HOW many people would believe it. Would they have to have a alien sitting down on CNN?

If you where a alien from a distant land, how would you approach earth to make contact?

I've always thought there was a law in place, perhaps a code of conduct to NOT intervene with other planets and there destiny. If that's true they might only come and see how far we've advanced. Then again, I probably watch way to many sci-fi movies.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by ecain]

[edit on 30-1-2009 by ecain]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Statistics show though that the number of sightings are growing extremely fast...

Where are you getting those statistics? I would like to see them/

I never said there was a full disclosure, but " Disclosing " i would say is release in process. There giving out small facts just now...

As of right now, the average person has little idea about various governments, such as the UK, releasing their UFO sightings files. Only those in-the-know are aware.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

I don't really believe in aliens or much of anything else, but I do find it fun to read these forums.

If I were to fathom a guess. Aliens have come around at one point and looked from afar and said in some unknown language or whatever their communication method is: "It sure is amazing to see such beings destroy themselves time and time again. Those beings will never make it in the long run. Lets get out of here and let's hope they never achieve a wormhole or intergalactic space travel".

Take care,

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ecain

I doubt that in the universe, a vast system of stars and galaxies.. every race of extra terrestriels have the same selfish "logic" as we do, such as "gain". Just because humans consider material things such as "what can we gain from this and that" does not mean the rest of the universe does.

Who knows why aliens might want to contact us. I realise that it's hard to believe that they might want to come and help us because as humans, we are naturally untrusting of things we don't understand. Personally I believe that there are a species that evolve on a diffrent timeline and have been through what we have, except for one thing, they have learned from it. Seeing as how we don't learn from our past mistakes as a species, maybe they want to help us to do so. Again this is speculation, I don't know.

Let's take gain into speculation for a minute here. Suppose we find a new species of insects on an island that can ommit a powerful sonic blast (compared to it's size) to make it's predator, or victom dazed and confused. Would we send scientists to research it and have the military develope new weapons from it? Of course we would. Again however, this is a human trait and a human level of thinking.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
thanks OP for the thread,

2009 will be host to some great and events. not meaning they will be great in the fantastic sense, just huge..

one thing that 2009 doesnt need are any more 'prophets' it really is tiresom and makes the UFO field look like its still in its adolesent stage.

i do feel that the one solid step forward for disclosure will not be any more photos or videos. since it seems nobody can agree on just ONE, no it will be the year of testemony..of course this is my hope.

testemony it seems is the only untapped source..this of course would be the testemony of 'credible witnesses' and things of that nature. eg. Edgar Mitchell.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I don't see where anyone is "disclosing" anything, other than they have a few dusty files sitting around from investigations that went nowhere.

When it comes to UFOs, I imagine 2009 to be much like 2008, or 1992, or 1978, or 1975, or 1968, or 1962. A few interesting reports. A lot of crappy photos/videos. Failed hoaxes. Re-hashing the same stuff once again for the nth time.

I could be wrong. Giant time ships from a far away galaxy could materialize over our cities Independence Day-style, forever changing our lives and the world as we know it.

But I doubt that will happen.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
reply to post by ecain

I doubt that in the universe, a vast system of stars and galaxies.. every race of extra terrestriels have the same selfish "logic" as we do, such as "gain". Just because humans consider material things such as "what can we gain from this and that" does not mean the rest of the universe does.

Who knows why aliens might want to contact us. I realise that it's hard to believe that they might want to come and help us because as humans, we are naturally untrusting of things we don't understand. Personally I believe that there are a species that evolve on a diffrent timeline and have been through what we have, except for one thing, they have learned from it. Seeing as how we don't learn from our past mistakes as a species, maybe they want to help us to do so. Again this is speculation, I don't know.

Let's take gain into speculation for a minute here. Suppose we find a new species of insects on an island that can ommit a powerful sonic blast (compared to it's size) to make it's predator, or victom dazed and confused. Would we send scientists to research it and have the military develope new weapons from it? Of course we would. Again however, this is a human trait and a human level of thinking.

You're very right, they might not have anything to gain, but if we apply that same logic. Why haven't they made contact with us? Conact as in landing and really talking to us somehow? so, clearly they have no interest in us, thus nothing to gain from making contact.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ecain

Well, if we collect an species for study, do we collect the entire species? Or do we collect the healthiest of the species? Maybe they have already made contact with our healthiest of species (maybe not mentally).
This is assuming, and I can't stress enough, that they think on our level.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I love aliens just as much as anyone here. I personally just don't think they have as much interest in us, as we might have in them. I don't think they care what happens to earth, we've had horrible wars and loads of other horrible things happen in the past. Don't you think by now if they truly wanted to intervene they would?

I personally think there's aliens amongst us now. Who's to say there isn't though. If there weren't dinosaur bones in the museum, how many people would believe such creatures even existed? With that being said, I believe they might be here right now.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
reply to post by ecain

Well, if we collect an species for study, do we collect the entire species? Or do we collect the healthiest of the species? Maybe they have already made contact with our healthiest of species (maybe not mentally).
This is assuming, and I can't stress enough, that they think on our level.

I don't have a clue on how they select people. I honestly don't believe FULLY in alien abduction. I'm borderline on that subject. I reckon It could be true, who's 100% certain?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
thanks for all your input guys, this thread was meant for a good discussion and a good discussion it has been so far

my original post was just an idea and i should have stated then that i would like to hear all your ideas for 2009 involving aliens and such subjects. right now its 5:45 am and i cant sleep lol so my brain is running on full right now

i will reply to all your queries tommorow when ive a had a good sleep and can think on a full tank hehe >>

thanks again guys

new topics

top topics

join