It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New book for progressives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I encourage all the progressives on here to get a copy of Thinking Big.  I've found that a lot of the conversations I have had in the past week after the inauguration have been informed by this book, which is a collection of essays by influential progressive leaders.  It's targeted view of the changes that we need to make and the ideas that will shape the political landscape of the new administration.  It's very motivating! 

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitPeaSoup

You can read a short excerpt (roughly 25 pages)here.... haven't found the whole book yet for free... but i will!!

www.scribd.com...

[edit on 30/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
That looks really good. Thanks for posting.

The biggest and saddest part of this economy, to me, is that we (the government, anyway) have been so short-sighted as to let our infrastructure go to ruin. They didn't want to spend the money to keep up with our needs and now, we are faced with fixing everything at once or it will completely crumble.

It's like a person who never does any housework because there are still dishes in the cupboard and a path through the house. As they continue living, the results of their living piles up around them until they must do something drastic to "fix it'. Not that I've ever been in that situation.

But my point is that we are in deep doo-doo and must have a DRASTIC change of course.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The biggest and saddest part of this economy, to me, is that we (the government, anyway) have been so short-sighted as to let our infrastructure go to ruin. They didn't want to spend the money to keep up with our needs and now, we are faced with fixing everything at once or it will completely crumble.

It's like a person who never does any housework because there are still dishes in the cupboard and a path through the house. As they continue living, the results of their living piles up around them until they must do something drastic to "fix it'. Not that I've ever been in that situation.

But my point is that we are in deep doo-doo and must have a DRASTIC change of course.

I agree with you that giant solutions are necessary. People keep saying this isn't the time, that it would have been better to make infrastructure changes during the Clinton administration, and that I'm being idealistic to think we can do them now... Hello, they are the ones that think we need to GO BACK IN TIME to fix the problem!

The solutions in Thinking Big, in the end, are not that drastic - they are pragmatic and reasonable and take into account the long-term.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by ViolentChick]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Your welcome. It's a really good read, very dense. And relevant, I feel informed to follow the current political scene because of Thinking Big.

top topics

join