It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarette lighter camera shows there's nothing more patriotic than espionage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Engadget

Sure, Lady Liberty and a bald eagle are great symbols of American freedom, but they're also perfect covers for keeping tabs on your friends. Ajoka's cigarette lighter video camera discreetly records 640 x 480 or QVGA in AVI format at 30 frames per second and supports microSD up to 8GB. It's got a lithium ion battery for 6 hours of filming and is charged via USB. Best of all, it's still a working lighter -- perfect for cheering up your favorite band's love ballads and simultaneously bootlegging the performance. Your local spy shop can order these wholesale for $150 apiece.

Awesome! A MUST HAVE for all of us conspiracy theorists and rogue reporters trying to get to the bottom of a hard to crack case or prove something. I just may have to look further into this. At least this may be a cool new toy for me to play with!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

Nothing more than a tool that encourages smoking again

Nah just kidding, neat find.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I hope it performs pretty good and they use good quality parts. I could use this for something I am investigating. Not saying that journalists will start smoking but they may pick this up and a pack to "pretend" to smoke so they can effectively use this as a tool to capture something "groundbreaking". Either way, I think this could be a cool toy to play with as long as it performs good.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Personally I think that the Video Glasses Camera is a better choice for your espionage endeavors.

Simply put, who uses a Zippo anymore? My Zippos always burned my leg when the fluid leaked out and the butane refillable ones just never worked as well. Besides it just looks highly suspicious and you might forget it somewhere.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
but this aint a ZIPPO

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join