It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranoia? I think I need help...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well, it has started. I don't know if I'm paranoid, have an over-active imagination or am like most you survivalists and just need to be prepared. But I'm starting to think more and more about the... end.

Now I'm a 16 year old who goes to a boarding school in the south-west of england and I live in Hampshire in a very rural area. And I'm thinking what the hell am I going to do WSHTF?

I have been reading around on all sorts of websites. Some distinctly run by some insane yanks (No offense!), I know about caches, safe houses, planning etc. And I'm thinking what exactly should I do in the event of... who knows what.

Now I'm worried about the fact I am at school there is very little I can do without being called insane. So I'm planning an escape route in my mind. I'm consoling myself with the fact I will be living at home for two years in about six months, so I should start preparing my house for... "It".

Any pointers and suggestions? Thanks a bunch.
T.G

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGod131
Well, it has started. I don't know if I'm paranoid, have an over-active imagination or am like most you survivalists and just need to be prepared. But I'm starting to think more and more about the... end.

The end of what?
Pray tell....

Now I'm a 16 year old who goes to a boarding school in the south-west of england and I live in Hampshire in a very rural area. And I'm thinking what the hell am I going to do WSHTF?

ISHTF... then you should already be prepared.
It's good to have basic survival skills and a knowledge of your area and where would be a good place to go. Buggin in... buggin out?

I have been reading around on all sorts of websites. Some distinctly run by some insane yanks (No offense!), I know about caches, safe houses, planning etc. And I'm thinking what exactly should I do in the event of... who knows what.

I don't think there was a need to bring nationality in to it.
If there are insane, then they are just that...INSANE.
Nationality or whatever has nowt to do with it.

Now I'm worried about the fact I am at school there is very little I can do without being called insane. So I'm planning an escape route in my mind. I'm consoling myself with the fact I will be living at home for two years in about six months, so I should start preparing my house for... "It".
Any pointers and suggestions? Thanks a bunch.
T.G

I would say work hard at school, do the best you can and get good grades and try and get a good job.
It's good that you are aware of this stuff but don't let in consume you... you have a great future and are obviously quite privileged (boarding school aint cheap) so keep it in your mind, but concentrate on your future man

Take it easy,

Blup

[edit on 30/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The end of what?
Pray tell....

Well, I don't know. Nuclear Holocaust, civil unrest, revolution, flooding, alien invasion, meh, who knows?

ISHTF... then you should already be prepared.
It's good to have basic survival skills and a knowledge of your area and where would be a good place to go. Buggin in... buggin out?

Yeah I should plan some good routes in and out of the area. I have some survival skills but I want to improve on them somewhat.

I don't think there was a need to bring nationality in to it.
If there are insane, then they are just that...INSANE.
Nationality or whatever has nowt to do with it.

Your right, not insane. Perhaps very right wing and.. extreme? I apologize but I was simply explaining who it was who was extreme.

I would say work hard at school, do the best you can and get good grades and try and get a good job.
It's good that you are aware of this stuff but don't let in consume you... you have a great future and are obviously quite privileged (boarding school aint cheap) so keep it in your mind, but concentrate on your future man

Take it easy,

Blup

Of course I plan to do all of that, I'm thinking on top of school and stuff. Not going to be at a boarding school for much longer though. This is my last year, far too expensive for my parents! Then I will be living at home and commuting to my new sixth form college.

Thanks a bunch Blup.

T.G

[edit on 30-1-2009 by TheGod131]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Since you are 16 and still in school the worst thing you can do is let your grades fall. NEVER lose sight of that. If it does not hit the fan, which is possible as well, don't regret not concentration on your studies. Without good studies and an education you may not get a good job. Without a good paying job you will not be able to afford all the survival tools you may want to buy for if it happens later in the future. Still plan and prepare as best as you can but do not focus so much that your grades fall.

As far as the paranoia, lay off the ATS and other survivor websites you are visiting and get acquainted with your friends. Find a significant other and "get lost" in their companionship. Don't let life pass you by. I know you don't want to hear this but these next few years are the best days of life with your age. Less worries and responsibility. Home mortgage bills just suck! Full-time work with little vacation time, Sucks! Oh, and when you do accrue vacation time, I usually have little money to take a decent vacation.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
One note about paranoia is...if you have the ability to question weather your paranoid or not. Your not paranoid.

You are in an elevated State, but the folks are giving some good advice. it's good to be prepared, have some basic or advanced survival skills for that "just in case".

It's good your prepared, but don't live your life Expecting or Waiting for it to happen. Since your young and still in school. definitely grab all the knowledge you can if the SHTF, some of that knowledge will be helpful.

Always be prepared for the worst, but Expect the best

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

Hmm, that post must of made me sound more paranoid then I am... I'm thinking more of simple things I can do on the weekends were I'm away from my friends. You want to know a problem with boarding school? All your friends live really far away, the closest of my school friends lives 40 minutes away.

Of course I'm working on getting those exam grades I need, and as for companionship.... Well I'm a 16 year old boy, I'm working on that all the time, this isn't something which is going to take over my life, I need something to keep me occupied on the weekends and holidays beyond killing rabbits and gaming on the PS.

I live in the middle of nowhere, nothing compared to some of you people stateside by in the UK I'm pretty secluded, I need my parents to give me lifts everywhere so seeing friends only happens once every couple of weeks in the holidays. I do what I can to stay away from boredom and this could be a helpful little pastime. Less paranoia then I made out I suppose.

But nonetheless thanks for the life lesson Amax. XD
T.G

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mysterysoul

Thanks Mysterysoul, and yes I do sometimes think of that saying. I try not to think about it much but that "what if" question is a real killer. I have an active imagination and those sorts of questions don't help.
Thanks a bunch for the advice,
T.G

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
you're 16, you need to have this discussion of "what if's" with your parents and those in charge of you at the boarding school. This IS NOT something that you can and should prepare for by yourself. You need to involve family, guardians, and friends.

Now on weekends when you're alone, prepare a backpack for yourself with everything that you think you need to survive or get to a safe place, plan your route to safety...and this would involve your parents and friends.. figure who you can go to, or who will come for you..

top topics

join