It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*China considering dropping U.S. Treasuries and Buying Gold Instead*Very Important News- Implication

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm not against anyone purchasing gold, trying to secure their future, but people need to keep in mind that we are repeating scenarios of the past, which have led and WILL lead to the next great war.

A war so great and terrible the world will gladly accept the NWO with open arms.

America has not spent trillions upon trillions of dollars turning itself into the greatest military machine the world has ever seen for nothing. Your gold may turn out to be useless when your called to arms. OK if you survive the conflict and your gold is intact, then ....

Well depending on the terms and conditions of the NWO, who knows what your gold will be worth?

Money and war go hand in hand - look to the past to see the future.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

I cannot agree with you more. I am so SICK of the argument "Oh we need ammo that's what we need mmhmmm! get me the big shells I am!"

When the "s# hits the fan" are we all going to walk out our doors, guns blazing, shooting to kill with no particular reason in sight?

Welcome to the real world. Guns won't save you. Your last can of beans won't save you.

If you want to end up homeless on the street with you 9mm and a backpack full of ammo, be my guest. In my personal opinion, irrational violence does not spontaneously occur without a simple slice of reasoning behind it.

Given historical context, the conditions are not ripe for the outcome so many perceive.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

you talkin' to me!

YOU.....talkin' to.......ME!!

YOUTALKINTOME!!!

Originally posted by Rockpuck
If you want to end up homeless on the street with you 9mm and a backpack full of ammo, be my guest.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

One word of advice, the first $10,000 should be silver. Once accumulated then move on to gold.

[edit on 30/1/09 by MikeboydUS]

Can you provide justification for this advice with references?

[edit on 31-1-2009 by believer81]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by believer81

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

One word of advice, the first $10,000 should be silver. Once accumulated then move on to gold.

[edit on 30/1/09 by MikeboydUS]

Can you provide justification for this advice with references?

[edit on 31-1-2009 by believer81]

there are various websites that discuss that issue, you can put a search of "how much silver to gold, should someone buy?"

here is one: retirementtrader.blogspot.com... - this blog is dated March 08 (pre melt down)

Since these lows Gold has outperformed Silver and the ratio of the price of Gold to Silver has historically always tended to revert back to an average of around 16:1. Sure there have been historical extremes with the ratio being as low as 6:1 back in 1551 and as high as 100:1 in the 1940's and in 1991. Historically though it has hovered for a lot of the time between 14 and 16:1. Currently the ratio is around 50:1 which is still at the high end and would indicate that Silver is undervalued in comparison to Gold. At the current price of approx. $1000 per ounce for Gold at a 16:1 ratio silver would be priced at $62.5 per ounce over 300% higher than its current price of $20.
My own personal perspective is that Silver is likely to catch up Gold, maybe not to the 16:1 ration but I think it may have further to run than gold will in the short term. MY favourite way to invest in Silver is the Silver ETF (SLV). In the short term I think we could see resistance at the $25-$26 mark but if we break through that level we may see it taking off.

below from link: www.investmentrarities.com...

The world has known silver to be more plentiful than gold for 5000 years, and has valued both materials accordingly. But the world has not yet adjusted to the new reality that, after 60 years of using more silver than is produced, gold is now more plentiful than silver. Because 60 years is a flash compared to the accumulated experience and wisdom of 5000 years, the six billion souls that inhabit our world haven’t caught on to the new reality that silver is rarer than gold. They will. The only question is when.

I had read lots about metals, I found that there is actually less silver than gold, and at some point, silver will be more expensive to mine than gold.
Yet, silver is used in many many more industries and has a higher demand than gold - for many various uses.

There have been quite a few articles I have read, that eventually silver will catch up with gold. Who knows regarding that. But it is smart to get into silver due to the low price and a much higher rate of return - due to it does not have to go up a huge amount to get a decent profit.

Do some research, you will find silver - is a "should" buy - if you are going to get into metals.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
OP -
China can not dump American bonds, further there is no benefit to China halting its supply of credit to America - they would lose 60-70% of their trade.

China is set for a 0% reduction in trade this year, representing a potential 10% reduction in GDP this is about exactly right, (growth of around 6.7 %).

The real issue from the Financial Times this week is that there is not simply a stop in the capital inflow through export sales, but, a stop in capital from construction of factories and other cheap foriegn debt.

the foreign banks all throughout the west are Nationalising their debts, this means that Asians (emerging economies ) are having to pay back debts. When this stops, there will be almost no money- the demand for resources from China will cease, depressing demand for all products globally -

For those that LOVE a great prediction....read this AMAZING

www.financialsense.com...

Get ready folks because Kansas is going bye bye.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ok so OP, I agree with you that this is a huge problem, but how does offering up the advice to "buy metals now!" do anyone a service?

In the end, if all of your doom and gloom scenarios are definitively "spot on", then metals nor paper will save you.

You cant eat gold, you cant drink gold, and you cant trade gold with others who cant eat or drink gold.

In my sincere and humble opinion you wanna ensure longevity for you and your family, stockpile the ability to CREATE food, and drink. Because, again, in your scenario, the US is declaring bankrupcy anyway.

AB1

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Many people in this thread have made the arguemnt against gold that "you can't eat gold" and that will be worthless when "TSHTF"...

Well, this might be true if there was a total breakdown in the most fundamental aspects of society and we go to some kind of Mad Max/Anarchy scenario. While this is certainly possible, it is not the only decline scenario. In fact, I'd argue that its not really all that likely compared to some other possible outcomes.

We are not facing a stark, black-and-white choice between an eternal golden boom and munching on your neighbor's grilled femur for sustanence. In between prosperity and anarchy there is a while vast spectrum of possibilities. In many of these, we enter much more negative conditions but still posess the basic building-blocks of a functioning society. In most of these scenarios, gold would still have value because there would still be a viable commercial and financial system...but one in which our a hyper-inflated and increasily worthless paper dollar plays less and less of a role.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper106

this is hearsay - directly from the mouth of my wife's uncle who buys and sells gold for a living in Reno NV- that some in the business speculate gold at the worst possible scenario would trade at.....

$30,000/ounce.

We'll never get there cause it wil be MAd Maxville before that. $3,000/oz is more practical.

peace

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by Reaper106

this is hearsay - directly from the mouth of my wife's uncle who buys and sells gold for a living in Reno NV- that some in the business speculate gold at the worst possible scenario would trade at.....

$30,000/ounce.

We'll never get there cause it wil be MAd Maxville before that. $3,000/oz is more practical.

peace

The fact of the matter is, which I was reading yesterday, the high of 1980 of gold at $825.00 with adjusted inflation today, and if gold was at that high today, of what it was in 1980 then gold right now would be selling at over $2000,00 per ounce, to match the high in 1980.

I have been seeing some figures about future prices also.

Let's just say, no you can not eat it, but if you buy food and prepare any money right now - should then be taken out of the dollar and put into a commodity - be it gold/silver/oil etc.

People can keep deny the fact that China will stop buying our treasuries since they "need us", when actually, they don't need US as much as we NEED THEM!

sorry that is the truth.

They will watch out for their own economy which has been falling due to our not buying. So, if we are not buying and do not look like we will be buying in the near future, besides many of their factories have already gone under. Why would they keep proping us up, when it will not benefit them anymore?

They are already looking to emerging markets, which are where they are in the world, including themselves.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
In considering all these scenarios, I think it's worth mentioning that if the poo really does hit the fan, the BARTER SYSTEM is most likely to be the way most of us do business. In that case, food, tools, and important skills are your best currency, IMO.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
wow thanks for the post.

Now I don't get why we are not rioting???

I have heard that Feb is the month were we are in a depression.

Here in Michigan we are in a depression.

The job market is so bad here. Teenager kids can't get jobs at retail stores and resturants.

It's very rare over here. I myself applied to many places and never got a interview.

So I can see the collapse of america. I guess builder burge wins check and mate.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great vid! Ron Paul is a true hero!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I was watching CNBC World one night two weeks, as I always do every night, and a special guest on Asia Squawk Box briefly mentioned that US Treasuries will start to be sold around nine months from now.

He said it hesitantly, but he said it for sure. The anchor-person did not reply to what he said.

Be warned and be prepared. It's going to happen.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I want to understand something important.
Should I buy Gold/Silver as coins or as commodities?
If the dollars crashes I can extract my metals for the new currency, or a temporary foreign one.
If it crashes compeltly, with social upheaval, rioting and loss of security for trade in the banking and financial institutions holding my wealth, then I should use some sort of an actual coinage.
And if so, what coins should be used? there are so many variations of gold coins, non of them has an intrinsic standardized value, such as "This is one Ounce of Gold".

What should I do? call the banker and ask him to buy me come Gold metals?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
Say all the doom and gloom around these parts actually come about over the next two months. let me ask a simple question to everyone buying up gold to supplement thier money. If things come crashing down as you guys are suggesting what exactly are you going to do with all this precious gold you have sitting in your basements?

Because you sure as hell can't eat it. Smartest thing to be doing with your extra monet right now if your buying into this whole "the world is crashing" idea.....But extra food. Non perishable food that can last a long time. Canned food, jerkey, seeds for growing (if your able) and perhaps some form of defencive weapons to hold of the hoard of people looking to trade thier awsome gold for your food.

If SHTF i'd rather have food to last for a year then a bunch of pointless yellow metal.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 1/30/0909 by Trayen11]

I agree with you on storing food and such...but I thinking more on the lines of diversification. With a supply of precious metals in addition to your food...now you have the means in which to barter.

I have been buying silver for some time now. I believe it's a win/win situation. First of all, if our dollar gets to the point that it's not even worth the paper it's printed on (and we may be there now), then I have preserved some of my money through precious metals.

In a worst case senerio, I could use my silver to purchase items and barter.

If nothing happens (and I hope this is the case) then I just sell my silver for what I have in it.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
The Art of War

You do not need to throw one soldier or bomb to destroy, devastate or otherwise cripple your enemies nation. Simply make it rely on you for its economic strength, then once you have enough capital power, remove it in one fell swoop; destroying your enemies economy and throwing the nation into turmoil.

Brilliant.

Agreed....but just who is whom here? Has the US done this to China, or China to the US, or the Illuminati to all of us? Just asking.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

That's fine. Let them shut down. We don't need more government. We need less government. SCREW GOVERNMENT !!

Large government, conspiring with the world Zionist bankers, put us in this mess in the first place. Everything from 9/11 all the way through....the whole damn kitten caboodle!

We need Nationalism....not Globalism. We need to put America first!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It all goes back to the secret meeting of Congress and the C&R document which allegedly stated the US stock market would crash in late September early October and that the US would announce it was bankrupt in February.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join