It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*China considering dropping U.S. Treasuries and Buying Gold Instead*Very Important News- Implication

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

Amen to that.

Let them go back to eating rats instead of impersonating Americans.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
A bit off topic, does anyone have a suggestion as to the best place to buy silver and considerations when buying?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marmota monax
A bit off topic, does anyone have a suggestion as to the best place to buy silver and considerations when buying?

Thanks

That is not off topic at all, someone else had asked the same thing, I had posted a few pages back some places I have experience with, I will repost them here. Also see this other post.

by: MikeboydUS

I purchase online from www.APMEX.com and www.nwtmint.com and have used them since 2007. They both take debit/credit cards. I found some local dealers, but APMEX generally has the lowest spot price, even lower than Kitco.

One word of advice, the first $10,000 should be silver. Once accumulated then move on to gold.

also:

bulliondirect.com... - they will take a credit card up to $1500.00 - monthly

kitco.com... - they are more than others on some things, less on others.

www.goldline.com - I had a bad experience with them, but adding them anyway. (the quality of the silver - was not what they had represented originally)

Silver is good, inexpensive and in long run can make more money, due to higher increase, less cost in - more net profit.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Thanks questioningall. Didn't have time to read the whole thread. Appreciate your feedback.

This topic sure is an eye opener. The last thing we need as a country is for the dollar to go into a steep dive and loose value.

[edit on 2009/30/1 by Marmota monax]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
After WWII, the US ended up with almost all the gold in the world. Now, Ft Knox holds mostly receipts for loaning it out. Possession is 9/10ths...
With the new satellite tech, they are now recovering huge amounts of historical 'ship wreck' salvage precious metals. That has kept the price down, plus scams like the Hunts' cornering the silver market. I guess they consider manipulating commodities a hobby. Along with selling stocks, naked shorts, that they don't have. So when the buyer tries to sell, he finds that he never owned it.
But right now, we are dealing with derivatives and credit default swaps, a new scam. The recent fall of the market was only $6 trillion, evaporated. This is out of almost $600 trillion of derivatives and cds on the verge of vanishing. The question is, did this 'counterfeit' money ever affect the M1, and thus inflate? If it did, it's disappearance will cause massive deflation, that the Democrats would be hard pressed to print, and spend. That is more than the whole worlds annual production. With the US at about 6% of the population. And now that China is trying to dump dollars, it is already increasing in value. However, China's economy is very heavily dependent on product demand from the US, and manufacturing items for the US. If they were to hurt our economy, it would only make things there, worse. As bad as we think things are here, it is much worse outside the US.
The Bible also predicts that the price of gold will be low, compared to the price of food. Go figure. If this twin star, Nemesis, is almost here, the gravity could be what is affecting the sunspots/global weather change. It is purportedly tailing space debris from it's 3,600 year orbit out into space. That debris, in a close pass, would cause a rain of fire/sulfer, causing world wide fires, and then heavy smoke blocking out sunlight for years. No sunlight, no crops. No plant life, no animal life. Food shortage. Some American Indians are already preparing to go underground for awhile, per the Medicine Man, Red Elk. They have been expecting this for a long, long time.
There is a parable from Jesus, about a wedding party waiting for the bridegroom. They had to have oil for their lamps. Most did not bring extra oil, because they expected him soon. Only the ones prepared for a longer wait were ready. I think this was about the 'evangelicals' expecting a rapture, despite the scripture that states that Christ will return after the tribulation. Those who are ready, will be taken by the Two Prophets, to a place of safety. One man, a COG man, claimed to be one of the two. But he was proven to be a false prophet because he claimed this would all have occured already. So I don't really know, and I'm not worried about it. My God is taking care of me. And he would you, too.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I happen to agree with Peter Schiff on this one.

The US manufacturing has been moved out of the country over the last 20 years maybe more. We are a consumer/debtor nation. China can consume their own manufactured goods. They will have the means to real wealth - manufacturing. All we have is debt. This trillions of debt we are borrowing to bail out this and that and fund wars are coming from our T-Bills bought by the Saudis, Japan and China. When they stop buying we can no longer borrow and must resort to printing. The dollar will become worthless. Which was the plan and goal all along. With America on her knees and begging to be saved, any plan can be sold to us!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The news on the street is China is not going to buy any more treasury bills.
Can we blame China for not wanting to do so when they do not know if they will ever get paid for the paper they are holding.

Now I said the right word, paper and that is what the treasury bills will be worth if we continue on this mad scientist gone wild spending spree.

You have to put the bail out money back into small businesses that contribute to the hiring of 70% of the U.S. work force. Small businesses are the new backbone of this Nation but this administration has not figured that out yet.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by amari]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

You are completely right! We had been warned a long time ago, Those that keep attacking the information, will be left holding dollars to burn to keep warm.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomandliberty
This will happen, America is not worth anything anymore, its like a used up tramp. shes been ran all over and tossed aside......the question is not if its going to happen its how soon is it going to happen. like people have been saying buy supplies now, and find a safe place to make a fort and hold it down because from here on out its going to get worse and boy, let me tell you were all in for a hell of a ride, and its not going to be pretty its going to be bloody and its going to probably happen in my lifetime. why worry about polotics because when this happens you are not going to have polotics all you are going to think about is how long should i sleep tonight i hope no one comes while im trying to get a quick nap in im getting tired.....this is reality guys, welcome to the world of 2009

I am finding the "worship"of the money God is a way the real Godis showing us howmessed up we are......I do agree that things are getting worse and will continue to do so..........
What we need to do as Americans is STAND UP...........realize that we can control our destiny. I resent that China miles away thinks it can control the U.S. / We are here and they are there.........we can grow our own food......so what if Walmart doesn't sell cheap shirts, and plastic shoes.......we can make our own. I say make our own invest in ourselves.....let China slowly starve. I don't mean ill to the Chinese....really I don't but this political game we play doesn't benefit the Chinese........Americans can survive. We formed this country out of survival.......we can survive! We may be less IPOD'd or have less PS3's.......so what.....WE have food, Coal, hardworking inhabitatants.......and what we really have is an abudance of............a foundation of hope. We know we can make it. Let it go bank rupt..........let China change to gold.......there will be a time when wheat is worth more than gold..........feed your millions of Chinese then. Maybe that is what this is about......maybe it is population control. When this falls out the Chinese will be the losers........and to their people that is NOT fair. The bottom line is you can't EAT GOLD>........................period. Just try it and let me know how that goes.........

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
The Art of War

You do not need to throw one soldier or bomb to destroy, devastate or otherwise cripple your enemies nation. Simply make it rely on you for its economic strength, then once you have enough capital power, remove it in one fell swoop; destroying your enemies economy and throwing the nation into turmoil.

Brilliant.

But wouldn't China destroy themselves in the process? I mean aren't we joined by the hip economically?

I thought that we were, and I thought that China relied on us as much as we rely on them?

Maybe someone can help me out understanding this.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is all part of the plan you see there is a scheme taking place to end all schemes. Once the Chinese refuse the dollar that will be the selling point to introduce the new currency that will fuse Canada, United States and Mexico as one. The steps that are being taken to reach a one world government are small but they are apparent nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38

Originally posted by warrenb
The Art of War

You do not need to throw one soldier or bomb to destroy, devastate or otherwise cripple your enemies nation. Simply make it rely on you for its economic strength, then once you have enough capital power, remove it in one fell swoop; destroying your enemies economy and throwing the nation into turmoil.

Brilliant.

But wouldn't China destroy themselves in the process? I mean aren't we joined by the hip economically?

I thought that we were, and I thought that China relied on us as much as we rely on them?

Maybe someone can help me out understanding this.

Thanks.

Its just a plan, they are threatening to refuse the dollar to scare the masses. Fear is the best control method remember, The FED will magically come out and save us by proposing a currency change thus turning Canada, US and Mexico into the North American Union. Most of the masses will buy into this method or not doesn't really matter as we saw with the bailouts we really do not have a say in the matter.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
it never ceases to amaze me how the tools at ATS seize and one single piece of info an spin it into gloom and doom. this would simply be padding chinas position against the dollar's weakening position in the global currency market. woiuldnt have anything to do with recent US comments about currency manipulation on china's part either. chinese propaganda pinhead. go ahead and post this if you have the balls you #ing hack moderator.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is cool. My country has one of the biggest gold reserves in the world. 2nd only to South Africa.

Bankruptcy to America, YEAH!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Thanks

While I am very uncomfortable with giving any kind of investing advice on ATS, as it is against the terms and conditions set around the design of the Global Meltdown Forum. I think I should point out a few bits of information.

Generally when purchasing Gold, unless you have a lot of money, is to purchase them in Coin.

Generally when purchasing Silver, because it is much cheaper, it is most common and suggested to purchase a Bar (Ingot).

From 2003-2008 Gold has risen some 90%, Silver well over 200% -- most likely because it is far more accessible given it's price. Silver for someone with a moderate income is far more workable on a budget; basically you can build up a reserve of Silver by purchasing a bar every few months. However, with Volitility you should view this as an INVESTMENT for the Long Term. While Silver at it's height exceeded all the other precious metals, it also has has the steepest decline in price. Still, $929 for a single ounce of Gold, or $12 for an ounce of Silver?

Silver Ingot cost varies widely.. you can by 1oz coins - 10oz bars - 100 oz bars - 1000 oz bars.

(I suggest, only for practicality and for no specific investment purposes, the purchase of 1 Silver 100 OZ bar every other month.)

Roughly $1,300 dollars.

I do not suggest, for practical reasons and for no specific investment purposes, that if one where to purchase Gold, Silver or any other metal, that they NOT purchase in bulk their entire savings.

Metals are NOT Liquid investments, in fact, aside from real estate, it is one of the least-liquid investments.

This is to say, if the price starts collapsing, you cannot sell it on the spot like a Stock, to retain the highest price possible.

If you take your entire savings and purchase metal, then need money, metals are not exchangeable for debt. (in most cases anyways).

Metals ARE NOT MONEY.

Metals are a key inflationary measure.. it is ideal to keep a portfolio of metals because they follow the inflationary trends. As the money supplies grow, the price rises, and as deflation sets in, prices decline. At our Dollars weakest point, the price of Gold was highest. As you see now, in a deflationary trend the price as decreased. As the Fed pumps liquidity into the markets, the prices rise.

Metals are an excellent way to ensure the true value of currency -- if you buy $10,000 in Gold and keep it for 20 years, then sell it, you are retaining the currencies value when you exchanged it for a metal. If you kept the 10k in a bank account, you would have considerably less, especially when compared to the inflation trends.

So I would suggest that any purchase of metal be a portion of your funds that you do not need. That you do not need access to. That you can put away and pretend it doesn't exist. Think "Long term" investment, whenever you purchase a metal.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Its just a plan, they are threatening to refuse the dollar to scare the masses. Fear is the best control method remember, The FED will magically come out and save us by proposing a currency change thus turning Canada, US and Mexico into the North American Union. Most of the masses will buy into this method or not doesn't really matter as we saw with the bailouts we really do not have a say in the matter.

While I agree with you that this is the way it'll go down, there's still the huge problem of Canada doing rather well right now. Their economy isn't in the gutter like ours, and Mexico isn't doing well right now either. What I'm saying is that, presently, there's no impetus for Canada to sign on to this thing. Something major is still coming that hasn't happened yet that WILL make everyone believe that it's the only way forward. Perhaps February will be an interesting month.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
This may sound like a VERY dumb question, but as I am somewhat ignorant to some things and I find some ATS members brilliant, could someone please enlighten me.
Question: What happens when the US is broke. I think that many more people will become unemployed, unable to pay their mortages, buy food etc. I'm not concerned about food/water since I consider my home my (safe place) with land for food, artisian wells for water and lots of people with ammo if needed. My house is the place where ATS'ers who live in the city will come when the SHTF. My BIG concern is my house and the loan that I owe.
Someone please help me understand what I might be up against in the future re: my house. I work check to check these days, so no savings anywhere, I do have a couple coins where I have been tempted to sell recently, but I won't. I can't loose my house, it is my and any who come - safe place.

The US will never go broke. We can always print our own money and pay everyone off. This may mean inflation on imported goods, but it does not neccesarily mean inflation for domestic goods. In fact demand for goods worldwide would explode and we would get paid with more dollars than before the inflation.

As far as worrying about your house, no one can take it as long as you pay and in the case of hyper inflation, which isn't going to happen anyways, you would be paying off your house with dollars that are worth less and less. For instance Zimbabwe - they push around wheelbarrows to buy a loaf of bread. A quarter of a wheelbarrow would probaly allow you pay off your house. So don't worry.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Hyper inflation is not impossible if the money supply reaches the Consumer. Either way, you will see inflation of Products, due to corporations access to the funds-- they ARE spending it.. quickly.

Obama is seeking plans to get the money indirectly into the hands of the consumer.. think before 2008 we saw inflation at record levels (though Federal Numbers where and are fixed and did not relate this). The corporate profits soared, along with commodities increasing the cost of running a business, the Price of consumed material rose dramatically. From Oil to Rice.

This caused the deflationary spiral we are in.. the consumer got over stretched, the price inflation did not match wage inflation (which stagnated and decreased depending on income level) -- the Dollar devalued with the Consumer. Consumer thus defaults on debts, thus the institutions who loaned the money post massive losses, fired employees, lowered Consumer stability and the entire house of cards collapses.

Obama now wants to inflate the Conumer, by getting him the cash. Bush did this as well, and it did not work because at that time the Price of materials had not even peaked yet -- which was in August.

So no, Hyperinflation is NOT impossible. We walk a fine line between inflation and Hyperinflation.. and it wouldn't take much to push it over the edge.

Also, the "wheelbarrow of cash" bit comes from 1920's Germany, not Zimbabwe. In Zimbabwe they actually print "billion dollar bills".

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

well said brother.......

well said

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Thanks

i wouldn't buy from any of them....

the best time to have bought silver was anywhere from 3-30 years ago

right now, your going to pay a steep 'premium' for the metal,
whether in bars, rounds, coins...

any place that i've been in touch with has an 'expected' minimum
4 week delivery date...after you've sent the a check or money order,
no credit cards...

At ~$20 per coin for pre 1946 silver dollars X 20 per roll
& near $10 per half dollar coin
a roll of Silver Eagles (rationed out to dealers) presently goes for $390.

In antiquity, Phrygia was a kingdom in the west central part of the Anatolian
... dating to the Phrygian and Roman eras from the ancient city of Pessinus. ...
(A.D. 386-395) Pessinus was made the capital of Galatia Secunda or Salutaris,

the jeopardy question: Who was the King of Pessinus

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join