It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*China considering dropping U.S. Treasuries and Buying Gold Instead*Very Important News- Implication

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
One sentence alone in article- should make EVERYONE pay attention! Reading a financial article regarding Gold - the implications from one sentence, made me sit-up and know - if this happens - we are literally and completely "screwed" here in the U.S.!

link to article:

www.reuters.com...

What is the ONE sentence of the article - that EVERYONE should pay attention to?

Market talk of China taking an interest in gold as an alternative to U.S. Treasuries, and of a European fund buying bullion, also helped boost prices.

Does everyone completely understand that and realize what would happen, if in fact China switched?

I am going to link to a few articles here - so the whole realization and impact of what would happen to the U.S. - if indeed China stopped buying our Treasuries..

www.bloomberg.com...

China surpassed Japan in September to become the biggest foreign holder of U.S. Treasuries, as foreign investors sought the relative safety of government debt as stocks plunged 9.1 percent that month.

Total net purchases of long-term equities, notes and bonds increased a net $66.2 billion in September from $21 billion the previous month, the Treasury said today in Washington. Including short-term securities such as stock swaps, foreigners bought a net $143.4 billion, compared with net buying of $21.4 billion the month before.

China led all foreign official investors in September by posting a net increase in U.S. Treasuries for the sixth month in the past seven, bringing its total ownership close to $600 billion. Japan was a net seller of Treasuries for the fourth month in the past six.

another article:
www.iht.com...

China has bought more than $1 trillion in American debt, but as the global downturn has intensified, Beijing is starting to keep more of its money at home - a shift that could pose some challenges to the U.S. government in the near future but eventually may even produce salutary effects on the world economy.

Figures from the U.S. Federal Reserve and the Treasury point to a sharp increase in Chinese holdings of Treasury bonds in October. China passed Japan in September as the largest overseas holder of Treasuries, and took a commanding lead in October, with $652.9 billion compared to $585.5 billion for Japan.

But China's leadership is likely to avoid any complete halt to purchases of Treasuries for fear of looking like it is torpedoing the chances for a U.S. economic recovery at a vulnerable time, said Paul Tang, the chief economist at the Bank of East Asia here.

"This is a political decision," he said. "This is not purely an investment decision."

It seems that they are going to abandon "the political decisions" now, and go with the "economic decisions"

A side note - last week, Germany's bonds went on auction, only 80% sold of their bonds - which is causing more problems for them, so what is going to happen with the U.S. treasury bonds (which is not paying anything - in fact, really a net loss, due to money sitting and not creating anymore from it)?

Gold is now rising sky high..... I will also remind people what an internal memo from Citibank said last year:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Gold is poised for a dramatic surge and could blast through $2,000 an ounce by the end of next year as central banks flood the world's monetary system with liquidity, according to an internal client note from the US bank Citigroup.

Think about this..... that was before - "China is considering putting their money into Gold, instead of U.S. treasury bonds".

I hope you fully understand what the original article would mean for the U.S............ we ........ well ......... lets put it this way...... I don't think the money printing presses, can print as much money per day, as what the U.S. spends. That would basically be the only way to pay our troops and govt. personel - then lets go further...... the amount of "printed money" would flood the world.... what do you think would happen after that......

one word: Zimbabwe

[edit on 30-1-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
link to kitco:

www.kitco.com...

there you can look at historical charts and get the latest news regarding metals and the latest in prices.

Gold is already up $14.10 today. trading at $923.00

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Thank you very much for bring this to our attention, very good post!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I will be boarding a seaplane for a small unihabited island in the South Pacific. I'm gonna call it Jackarta, I was gone Jackmerica but that was too close to Jamaica and I didn't want to confuse the tourists.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Edit: S&F for you. Good info to spread!

This is exactly what I have been reading, sooner or later and it looks to be sooner China will tell us no more. I have heard peeps mention the Feb crash that is to come but I am not up to date on a "Feb Crash". I think the worse is yet to come that is for sure. Buy some gold while you can!

Information from goldprice.org

"Gold's primary trend is up, targeting at least $3,130.00; silver's primary is up targeting 16:1 gold/silver ratio or $195.66; stocks' primary trend is down, targeting Dow under 2,900 and worth only one ounce of gold; US$ or US$-denominated assets, primary trend down; real estate in a bubble, primary trend way down."

Goldprice

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Reaper106]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
so where are you 44soulslayer , now come and defend the Dollar 'best' suggestions of yours

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
China have been threatening to use this trump card for a long time now. It doesn't come as a surprise. Personally I would switch to gold too. While America keeps printing money and devaluing the USD, you cannot blame anyone for switching over lest they go broke along with America.

IRM

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Since the dollar is a note of debt right out the door, I don't know how anyone could defend it. I wish I could, I love my Country but math is math and 2+2= 4 in America just like everywhere else.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The Art of War

You do not need to throw one soldier or bomb to destroy, devastate or otherwise cripple your enemies nation. Simply make it rely on you for its economic strength, then once you have enough capital power, remove it in one fell swoop; destroying your enemies economy and throwing the nation into turmoil.

Brilliant.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper106

I am starting to put a little more credence into the "secret" Congress meeting last March..... where they were told in Feb 09, the U.S. was going to declare bankrupcy.

Question, how did the people know this timeline? If China stops purchases, we will have to declare bankrupcy next month probably.

Though one thing that will keep anyone safe; Seriously purchase gold an silver!

It's been said over and over, but if you have ignored it before..... I advise you doing some research, and STOP ignoring the advice..... Buy metals!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I won't beleive this until China comes out and says it. Market talk was pumping up Lehman and Bear Sterns a week before they failed. Today is the day to sell gold.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
I won't beleive this until China comes out and says it. Market talk was pumping up Lehman and Bear Sterns a week before they failed. Today is the day to sell gold.

I am speechless at your post..... I just had to say that..... uuummmmm.... wow..... I am still trying to figure out how to respond to it....... lets just say this...... sure you go right ahead and sell any gold you have......... next thing........ I am sure you will find thousands of buyers for it.... would love to buy any at "spot" price.... considering - no one can get any at "spot" price.... gold is quoted at "spot".... but you can't touch it anywhere near that, including silver..... it sells WAY OVER spot.. plus hard to get too.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I bought some gold late last year, have some decent amounts of old silver coins all locked up and secure. I wish I could get some more gold but at this point I think I will have to call it good.

How many oz of gold would you say is a safe bet for getting through this? I know that depends on alot of factors like bills and such. But as a general statement? So far I have secured 14oz, I wish I could go out and double that.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Gold undergoing distribution (EW: Diagonal Triangle w a 5th wave failure) intraday, followed by a $16 drop from the new recent highs (failure after same)....possible disinformation to sell into???

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity

With all due respect I just can't belive you really mean that. Go do some reasearch on gold forcasts before you rush out and do anything crazy like that. The market has been pumped up on false ideals"behind the scene control most likely", thats exactly why gold is a safe haven, always has been always will be.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper106
I bought some gold late last year, have some decent amounts of old silver coins all locked up and secure. I wish I could get some more gold but at this point I think I will have to call it good.

How many oz of gold would you say is a safe bet for getting through this? I know that depends on alot of factors like bills and such. But as a general statement? So far I have secured 14oz, I wish I could go out and double that.

My only answer to the question of "how many ounces" is: how ever many anyone can afford.

I have looked at it and have told people for awhile now... the only way to preserve the value of the dollar of what you have right now, is by purchasing metals.

I even have taken my 9 year old daughter's money out of the bank, and have purchased metals with that for her. I explained - that it was in her best interest and how it will increase, which it already has. She has trusted me, I have been trying to get all my family members to put anything they had extra into metals, I am thrilled they have listened to me, and have made decent purchases.

Whatever anyone can afford to do, they should.... investigate yourself... you will find.... many many "truth" analysis saying that and have been saying it over and over.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
if China drops the dollar, the whole world economy will collapse. Including their own. If they refuse the dollar, then America will no longer be a customer.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

lol

China is aint happy.. Not one bit!! its just got scammed BIGTIME LOL

its miffed becouse the usa just made china the number one clown, think about it!!

The usa CAN NOT let china be the number one power AND IT WILL do everything in its power "and yes that inculdes resesion" to KEEP china in her place

Trust me the USA is crashing the market for a GOOD reason

CHINA

is why we are going thru this... Devalue the doller keeps china in her place and at the same time gives movement to the us goverment to use her "space tec" to build her NEW

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
When gold hits $3000 and ounce, in the near future, it will be a sign that the end is upon us.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Bloody Hell!

How will this affect the UK seeing as Gordon Clown sold our gold?

Gordon Brown to sell half of the UKs gold reserves

Brown 'ignored warnings over sale of gold reserves'

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctordoom
When gold hits $3000 and ounce, in the near future, it will be a sign that the end is upon us.

An analysis last year in November - stated (without all the extra U.S. dollars that has been printed since) that if at that time, we went back to the "gold standard" to money, with the current U.S. dollars and reserves out there...... do you know what he figured out gold would be worth per ounce?

Ready for it?......................................$14,000 per ounce, if we went back to the standard.

Now think about this, how much more U.S. dollars have been printed since November?

With that in mind.... how much more would it be worth now per ounce?

Also a funny thread about gold, I started this morning:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems Japan, has more gold in their sewage output per year than the "best" gold mines of the world's output per year.

One smart thing... They will not say, where the sewage plant is located.
Guess they don't want people coming from everywhere applying for the jobs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join