It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Could be Such a Devastating, Life Altering Secret That'd Stop Disclosure? Aliens/Humanity/God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Great thread. I think what it could be is the devestating revealation is that there is no life after death. Our lives now is it. We only live 100 years max and then we fall off our pearch and then wham blackness, nothingness. No pearly gates or harps and angels. No heaven or even no hell. Just nothingness. I think people would not only have a hard time dealing with that but also be distraught that loved ones who have died will never be seen again. No big reunions, no hellos, they are gone forever. I was torn to pieces myself over this possibility and it took me a long time to accept this may well be the case. I still hope of course and pray I am wrong. But what if that final slither of hope was taken away from you by ET. I think that would be the great horror that would prevent disclourse.

Just my dark thoughts when I am being at my most pessimistic, I hope I am proved happily wrong!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Great thread. I think what it could be is the devestating revealation is that there is no life after death. Our lives now is it. We only live 100 years max and then we fall off our pearch and then wham blackness, nothingness. No pearly gates or harps and angels. No heaven or even no hell. Just nothingness. I think people would not only have a hard time dealing with that but also be distraught that loved ones who have died will never be seen again. No big reunions, no hellos, they are gone forever. I was torn to pieces myself over this possibility and it took me a long time to accept this may well be the case. I still hope of course and pray I am wrong. But what if that final slither of hope was taken away from you by ET. I think that would be the great horror that would prevent disclourse.

Just my dark thoughts when I am being at my most pessimistic, I hope I am proved happily wrong!

Very interesting possibility indeed. I can all but guarantee that the majority of simple folk would freak right on out. There would be a staggering rise in suicides. Chaos would ensue in short order.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We are just Sea Monkeys lets hope no one knocks over our spiffy plastic bowl or maybe we are all just code running a simulation of something that already happened. Some crime re-enactment on a cosmic scale. We were destroyed long long ago and someone rebuilt it and let the program run to try and figure out what happened. Shhh don't tell anyone though it will taint the results and we will have to start the whole thing over again.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Great thread. I think what it could be is the devestating revealation is that there is no life after death.

You may wish to familiarise yourself with the Many Worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics formulated by Hugh Everett and John Wheeler

Every state change of every particle is represented by a complete copy of the Universe. Anything that is remotely possible will actually happen across multiple Universes

So anything that could end your life, including conditions of old age, you will survive in a subset of Universes

Within milliseconds these Universes will themselves spawn trillions of copies and restore the full scale of your existence

The Many Worlds theory is advocated by around two thirds of physicists and remains the only theory which explains all the data

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

Even assuming for a moment that aliens had 'created' us, that doesn't mean there is no god, does it? I don't believe in god but I don't think one thing negates the other.

On the contrary, you'd have to go through some serious backtracking, rationalizing and u-turning whichever sky fairy's "book of truth" you'd adhere to since it would directly contradict the infallible word of God.

Some serious rationalizing and revisionism will need to be done. Remember God does not lie.

Originally posted by Heike
My theory (and more or less worst case scenario):

Several or many governments have agreements with aliens that allow the aliens to kidnap and experiment on humans in return for technology or assistance, and perhaps also to take, kill, eat?, and/or experiment on livestock and animals.

The technology they have received in return either wasn't worth it, or is something along the lines of "free energy" which should have been released to the public but hasn't been.

Therefore, full disclosure would reveal that governments, politicians, and a bunch of governmental agencies and/or militaries are complicit in crimes against humanity and responsible for the torture, experimentation without consent, and possibly deaths of hundreds or thousands of human beings and animals, as well as withholding technology that could have changed our lives, ended global warming, eliminated our dependence on fossil fuels, and/or eliminated many human diseases, eased poverty and improved living conditions for the "third world," and so on ...

"They" think that this knowledge would inevitably lead to revolt, revolution, civil war, and criminal charges and/or punishment and execution for most of "them." Not to mention, the revelation that our "leaders" and the military who were/are supposed to be protecting us have instead been complicit in harming us might collapse society, governments, and even civilization as a whole by the time it's all said and done.

In simpler terms, they won't tell us because they know that what they've been doing would make us all - or most of us at least - really, really, really angry - angry enough to do something about it.

You know, this is copy and paste worthy. It's actually quite scary because it's not exactly in the realm of something so unbelievable such as the whole flying through the air and standing on bamboo type comments you see on this site.
edit on 24-6-2012 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by igor_ats

On the contrary, you'd have to go through some serious backtracking, rationalizing and u-turning whichever sky fairy's "book of truth" you'd adhere to since it would directly contradict the infallible word of God. Some serious rationalizing and revisionism will need to be done. Remember God does not lie

Exactly right. For most hardcore religious folks proof positive of aliens being real and/or also being here meddling around in our solar system would devastate their belief system/religion etc...

I for one welcome the truth even if it dispells any belief in god or it may in essence create multiple gods. Either way I for one am ready.

-Anathema
edit on 6/25/2012 by anathema777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join