It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Could be Such a Devastating, Life Altering Secret That'd Stop Disclosure? Aliens/Humanity/God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by Faiol

This is just a take on the question at hand. One scenario that I saw playing out as a possibility. Do not take anything in that to heart as it wasn't meant to be taken to heart. It was meant to reflect on as a possibility. Apologies to anyone who was/is insulted/scared. Truly.

Sorry, I was thinkinbg that you was telling the truth, not a possibility ,... sorry .. but I think your post is a little strange ...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

No problem. I should have put a disclaimer at the beginning but the idea popped in my head and I had to start typing. That would be crazy if it was real!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
that we are the aliens. this isn't our planet of origin. that the original occupants advanced technologically, and went out to colonize the solar system in this part of the galaxy. some of the other planets and moons, contain the civilizations of the original occupants of earth. they are not human. they are all bipedal mammalian-reptilians, mammalian-insects and mammalian-amphibians. that the moon is a time prison, that works in tandem with our DNA/RNA and the DNA/RNA of all life on this planet. when we shed the container (our DNA built strait jackets) we escape the time-prison. we aren't supposed to know this because apparently the time-prison is a functional schoolroom. unfortunately, it also appears to be a functional courtroom as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think this may be up there in the top ranking.

The Earth is hollow.

Our ancestors were outcasts sent to the surface to toil and die forever separated from the Eden and eternal life.

Our numbers have increased to the degree that we have become like MRSA. Symbiotic organisms that has become hostile to the host and most be eradicated.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I have always had an idea that the reason that there has been a coverup is the fact that it might shatter all forms of religion aroiund the world if the truth was told by whatever has been visiting our planet for a long time.
I had a dream when I was in college in 1968, and have since had the same dream many times since. I wrote down that dream in a story line back then and have tried to get someone to write a book or movie about the idea since then, with no luck. What do you guys think?
This is a story about human life being found on a new planet in a far-away solar system by a space probe and the ruler of the world, Elohim, sends his son, Lesous, as the leader of an expedition of 12 scientists, doctors, historians, etc. to that planet to observe only and learn that planets history and evolution so Elohim and his people can better understand their own history.As the spacecraft decends on the new planet, Lesous reiterates the instructions from his father, that this is an observation only expedition, that no-one on board will use any of their much advanced knowledge to correct any problems on this new planet. Each of the 12 crew members will study the areas of their expertise and learn how the inhabitants from this new planet have gained the knowledge they possess now.And so it goes. They blend in with the population, meeting with each other as a group often and discussing what they are finding out about everyday life on this planet.However, Lesous and several other members are having mixed feelings about helping the people on this planet and know they have the ability to cure simple diseases, provide better farming techniques, and educate them better in all aspects of their life.Against the wishes of his father, but with the help of several (not all) of the expedition, Lesous starts helping the people on the planet.He heals persons of leper, blindness, deafness, paralysis, and other simple diseases to cure with the advanced knowledge of his scientists. Some of his fellow crew members do likewise growing crops where none had ever grown before, teaching them how to build buildings with leverage and weights, advancing their knowledge of space and the heavens.But not all of the crew agree and heated battles continue between the 2 factions of the expedition. With one person in particular (Sonofja) vowing to do what it takes to stop Lesous.
And word of all these events, miracles say most, of course, gets back to the ruler of that planet, Tiber. He has heard of some of the deeds but not until a chance encounter of his wife (Megadla) and Lesous, and the continued tips by his spies that there might be a romantic involvement between them, has he paid much attention. He is not amused at the stories as he feels he is losing stature with his wife and with his people. So he again sends out spies to see if the stories are true. They contact Sonofja and he proceeds to tell them enough but not all about Lesous and the rest of the expedition. When Tiber finds out, he decides to get rid of the man sharing his wife’s affection as well as a miracle worker, and to arrest the man responsible, Lesous, and charge him with blasphemy to their Gods.Lesous finds out about the deception from Megadla and his imminent arrest the next morning He calls for a late night meeting with the crew and tells them one of them has betrayed him, that he will be arrested and taken to trial, and he will be killed. The scientist then come up with a plan to give him a pill which he will take before he will be put to death that will stop all bodily functions before death actually will occur, and allow them to give him an antidote later to revive him. They then decide that this experiment is over and it would be best if they all returned home.The next morning, soldiers descend on Lesous and arrest him and put him in a cell. He is ordered to answer to the charges a few days later in a court and in front of Tiber. If found guilty, a certainty, he would be executed.

All goes as expected during the court trial as Lesous can really not defend his actions by telling the truth, that he is not from their planet, so with a smirk, Tiber condems Lesous to death.

Before being put to death, Lesous address the crowds of his followers and Megadla and tells them to “Have faith, there is a better place, trust me my Father will not let you suffer any more, I will return!”

He is the seemingly put to death and the rest of the expedition are assembled and go to where they have laid him to rest. They give him the antidote and he is revived. They all board the spacecraft and prepare to leave.

All of the crew have mixed emotions about what has happened to them on this journey, and Levous forgives Sonofja and thanks everyone else for doing what they could for the people on this planet.

The spacecraft lifts off and heads back to his home planet with Lesous looking back out the hatch down to the planet they have just left, and with tears in his eyes proclaims “I promise you, I will be back!”

(The camera pans to the planet they have just left………………..……….and it is Earth!)

Every time I read the last line I get goose-bumps. This is not an anti-religion story, it is meant to get you to thinking about other possibilities as to what might have happened years ago. Maybe all religions are based on exploration and contact by other forms of life visiting our Earth. Is it Science Fiction? Could be. It will certainly cause a lot of turmoil and discussion over what it is. The story infers that a visit by a being from another world, may have been the basis for religions to start, be it Christianity or others. That is why it models the storyline of The Bible in this script. I have had this idea in my head for over 40 years. Please take time to think about it and see what someone might be able to do with it.

Bobby Chestnut

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
There are so many theories on this that contradict each other.

After my research, I have settled on the fact that the govt has become so compartmental that the head doesn't know what the arms and legs do.

I am pretty sure that depopulation is one of the goals. The Plaedians seem to think that the Earth is only meant to house 500 million people.

Disclosure would bring down religion and create new belief systems. Some people would worship the aliens as Gods, while others would believe they were demons. Economic collapse is inevitable and seems to already be in play.

Hopefully, David Wilcock is right in that the end of the world as we know it is coming, but will be followed by a more utopian society.

Who knows the truth, lets just hope it is a positive change that is coming. All of these indigo/crystal children obviously have some sort of purpose for what is coming.

Free will seemingly plays some part in why disclosure isn't already a fact of life. Apparently, disclosure will only come to people who ask for it, and even then there is no guarantee they will get het it.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by slated]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You are in a stomach.
What you were before you were captured you will never know.
What you will become is eventually nothing.
The purpose of life is to digest you.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If TPTB ever came right out and said aliens exist or are here and visiting, some people would be okay with it and some... not so much.

I come from a fundamentalist Christian family/area and I can guarantee they would do anything to cling to their belief system. The aliens would be declared demons, fallen angels, tricksters, whatever. And they would consider it their duty to fight them in "God's" name.

And then others would just consider them beings from somewhere else that are not to be trusted. I mean, we have Mexican people coming to this country and then working their tails off when they get here, and Americans STILL don't trust them.

I think many world governments realize this and it would stir up all manner of nonsense were the truth to come out.

I think as a race we're still in our infancy. Sadly.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
If TPTB ever came right out and said aliens exist or are here and visiting, some people would be okay with it and some... not so much.

I come from a fundamentalist Christian family/area and I can guarantee they would do anything to cling to their belief system. The aliens would be declared demons, fallen angels, tricksters, whatever. And they would consider it their duty to fight them in "God's" name.

And then others would just consider them beings from somewhere else that are not to be trusted. I mean, we have Mexican people coming to this country and then working their tails off when they get here, and Americans STILL don't trust them.

I think many world governments realize this and it would stir up all manner of nonsense were the truth to come out.

Don't we have those entities walking among us everyday?

I stopped watching TV because I was tired of inviting them into my home every night.

I know. I know. I see them lurking about the Internet too but tier pricing will solve that problem for me soon enough.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Originally posted by Angus123

Don't we have those entities walking among us everyday?

I stopped watching TV because I was tired of inviting them into my home every night.

I know. I know. I see them lurking about the Internet too but tier pricing will solve that problem for me soon enough.

Um... huh?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by anathema777

We are cattle. Would you tell a cow that you are going to eat it, probably not.Has anyone thought about that, being coupled with the money "they" have to gain on the whole situation? The gov. keeps the best stuff for themselves, and discloses the tech to the corp elite.Us 6 billion people on the planet are just food and nurishment through liquidation for the group of reptoids and greys. The humans I think will freak out if we discloused this to them, so inorder to keep the "cattle" calm we must let them graze the land(earth) until they have had their fill then we(aliens) will harvest them according to the writings of long ago. Select few will be left behind to repopulate the earth, already plans are being set in motion by the gov. and the aliens thru abduction to maintain human DNA. They feed of of our emotions as well, but I will talk about that next time

MR.X

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A large portion of people alive today already don't believe in a 'god' or afterlife, and they manage to live average lives.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think this may be up there in the top ranking.

The Earth is hollow.

Our ancestors were outcasts sent to the surface to toil and die forever separated from the Eden and eternal life.

Our numbers have increased to the degree that we have become like MRSA. Symbiotic organisms that has become hostile to the host and most be eradicated.

Thats interesting. That would really blow my mind if I found out that the Earth was hollow. It would send the scientists running with their shamed tails between their legs, thats for sure.

~Anathema

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I think that the urge to "know the absolute truth" about the "alien phenomena" ...

is as irresistible as wanting to see that movie based on your favorite topic or characters... or skipping to the end of a book .. or in general... wanting what you "cant have" ...

it's definitely one of the most interesting and fascinating concepts in the world...

BUT...

i think that there exists the need for us to focus on our own relationships with one another.. and our own self-development.
before we are introduced to whatever higher level universal community of intelligent beings.

think of places like earth as a constantly cyclic "generator" of life.. and consciousness.. beginning in minerals.. incarnating into microbial life.. then plants.. then insects.. then animals.. and .peaking in homo sapiens...
according to vedic texts and gnostic teachings.. we have 108 chances as our essence is re-incarnated from lifetime to life time... 7 times per each of the 12 zodiacal ages...
108 chances to develop a psychology that is capable of attaining the manifestation of a universal consciousness... connection to "god" ie: the mass consciousness of ALL...

and if we cannot let go of these animal tendencies or at least 51% of them.. these psychological aggregates.. then we descend back into "hell" which is our essence degenerating back into "apehood" .. then lesser conscious animals.. and along back down the line destroying our egos bit by bit until our essence begins the cycle all the way back up the steps to sapiens.. to try again to be something more than that which obeys "satan" or "that within us that obeys animalistic behavioral and psychological tendencies"

to be something that bestows upon others more than it desires to recieve from others.
eventually ramping DOWN the egocentric desire to GET (gimme gimem .. me me me) ..
while at the same time.. ramping UP the glory of GIVING to others.. and creating with others cooperatively...

which .. down the road would eventually eliminate self-centered desire.
until our civilization was one of complete giving.. in essence being "one like god"..

we should be spending our time now focussing on these fundamental goals to structure our culture around, instead of worrying about the "management team" that's making small adjustments here and there.. observing and babysitting us behind the veil of our currently available sensory perceptions.

I remember hearing an interview with an ex-military Air Force Admiral talking about his time in the military.. and someone called in asking about aliens or UFOs.. (the interview wasn't on that topic)...
and the Admiral said.. "sure.. I've seen plenty. and I know this: .. never mind focusing on those phenomena.. just spend your time here, being the best person you can be"

and I saw the whole issue from a completely different point of view.
instead of trying to convince people around me.. instead of demanding disclosure.. etc... I just realized that they very well may be the "hand that comes in to clean the fish tank" every once and awhile.. the fish don't constantly worry about the hand.. they know it doesn't hurt them.. and they're experiencing cleaner water after it does it's job.

I'm not saying aliens are cleaning our air or water.. that's obviously our responsiblity.. I'm saying that it's less about focusing on the "operators" behind the scene... and more about the issues of making our current paradigms be more conducive to a more efficient and higher ideal of living and consciousness.. through dilligence in modifying our own behavior toward each other but more importantly.. our perception of ourselves.. and attempting to be LESS LIKE ANIMALS... and more like "god" or whatever you want to call that which is the highest ideal.

sure, Greer says alot about hidden supressed technology that could save the world... and make things better in certain places...
but one thing I've also realized is this..
Imagine the exploding numbers of people that grow up into animalistic and violent self determined "urban-apes" (no matter what their race) .. .. having access to free unlimited energy and transmportation??
Imagine how that type of technology could be "hacked" and used as weapons?.. or used in a negative manner?
The outcome is more than incomprehensible.

We need to reach a state where we've organized ourselves globally so that every individual grows up understanding the ACTUAL functional mechanics of reincarnation.. where they came from .. where they're going... and what it means to be HERE.. and how we all share the same desire to acclimate ourselves into something of a higher ideal...
so that we can shake off negative karma and start accruing positive karma as a whole.. effectively utilizing psychological cause-and-effect to our advantage instead of passively lazily letting it spiral us out of control down into the depths of psychological cultural hell.

would a "clean slate", being manifest before the dawn of a new age where the population is massively reduced be the most efficient method?

sure.

given the current world paradigm's primitive understanding of "physical" life and death and prevalence of the completely saturated athiest and spiritually unknowledgeable masses, the achievement f this global actualization is impossible without this step.

but given that through death, nobody is actually "hurt" per se.. and will return.. and in due time with the proper quantum computing mind interface technology developed...WILL eventually remember their past lives.. and be able to interact and study themselves... their past egos... to recall and learn.. (as nothing ever dies.. things are just always changing)...

this "population reduction" process takes a completely different perspective... and is less seemingly horrific.

I don't think we're ready to knowingly interact with "aliens" in our current state. OR explore past our solar system even...

We need to form our individual and collective psychology into one that is in tune with the REAL reality instead of this veil of illusion we perceive today trough animalistic, ego-tinted lenses.

so....

no I don't think we're ready.
not until we evolve into something that is psychologically less "intellectual animal" and more "hu-man" (hu=spirit .. mana=mind)

to even allow animals to roam the universe.. would be irresponsible and completely incomprehensible to it's repercussions.

to ascend Jacob's Ladder .. having developed one's inner "god" or "potential" .. through spiritual lessons and self-change.. and eventually physiological change...
bridges the gap and allows for release from the "schoolhouse/prison-planet, we call Earth"

there's no other way.

so nevermind the aliens.
focus on improving your inner self.
the world won't change until we all do this, because THAT IS the change.

-

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
I think that the urge to "know the absolute truth" about the "alien phenomena" ...

is as irresistible as wanting to see that movie based on your favorite topic or characters... or skipping to the end of a book .. or in general... wanting what you "cant have" ...

it's definitely one of the most interesting and fascinating concepts in the world...

I thought that was a great post and very interesting I might add. I very much agree that we as humans are most likely not wanted in the intergalactic federation (if there is one) until we are all under one government or have all joined as one with the same common goal. After all with all the wars between us humans against other humans and countries we would have to be one unit to join them out their. Otherwise it would be just asking for trouble, because if we cant come together as one on our own planet how the heck are we gonna act with infinite technology in outerspace, and how would they deal with us? We would be dangerous to them if they were peacefull, and they would have to babysit us.

I believe they are waiting for us to reach the singularity or to come together as one before they bring us into the universal club. Its just like in Star Trek, they do not interfere with evolving scientific thinking species until the reach a certain level of knowledge and non violence. Basically we have to evolve to a point in time at which all humans can grasp the real reality of the universe and can handle it and then we will be worthy of the truth and all the wonderfull things that come with it.

(This is just speculation considering that the aliens operate in a similar function as described above, and if so what I typed is quite logically the way it would most likely be.)

~Anathema

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anathema777

I believe they are waiting for us to reach the singularity or to come together as one before they bring us into the universal club.

I hope that they are a patient lot because if that is what they are waiting for it is going to be a long wait.

They will probably see the Earth destroyed and restored another ninety-seven before that happens and even then it depends on what the hundredth human cycle has passes on.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think they ARE disclosing aliens to us, but in a very slow way so we get warmed up to the idea. Back in the 50's it was the corny "monsters from space" movies. In the 60's it was a bit more human orientated with star trek, 70's 80's Books like chariots of the gods, Communion, and a bunch of others, not to mention the whole star wars, star trek, X- Files, ET thing. All baby steps and hints to the coming reality. Next step up, in my opinion, was finding that Mars rock with the what looked like, fossilized ancient microbes on it. A small admission of life being elsewhere, but their old and their dead and nothing to worry about here folks, just planting the "Life elsewhere" seed in your heads. We might think we're an advanced race, but we only figured out our own planet wasn't flat about 500 years ago, imagine meeting someone that's been building spaceships for the last half a million years. I think we'll see a lot more small steps and hints about it all before they risk panicking a bunch of people. As for me, if their there, come on down, just don't try to boss me around or expect me to worship you, my God doesn't need a spaceship.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A Devastating Life Altering Secret That Would Stop Disclosure? Well i think top of the tree has to be the reglious angle. What if Ailens told the US Government back in 1947 (Roswell) that life after death does not exist? that we only have this life and then it's blackout forever, no afterlife, no nothing? That would cause huge distress to the world , not only for everyone living but we would be in tears for all our loved ones who have died. We would never be reunited with them. That would be pretty horrendous. I happen to believe that we do live on after we die, what, how, why, is anyone's guess. but my faith could be completely based on false hope!!.

What else? Well we all know that we have enough nukes on the planet to literally rip it apart and the Earth would become a new asteroid belt, That is chilling as it is. But what if the Ailens had their own planet killing machine aka Death Star for example. What if hostile ailens showed up with such a device (sci fi shows such a V and Star Wars has already prepared us for that possibility) i dont think the Human race could cope with that !! Society would break down.

I think we ARE ready for disclosure but in baby steps. I think we can handle a SETI First Contact scenerio but ailens landing on the White House Lawn will be some time off yet.

[edit on 6/2/09 by Wirral Bagpuss]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
A Devastating Life Altering Secret That Would Stop Disclosure? Well i think top of the tree has to be the reglious angle. What if Ailens told the US Government back in 1947 (Roswell) that life after death does not exist? that we only have this life and then it's blackout forever, no afterlife, no nothing? That would cause huge distress to the world , not only for everyone living but we would be in tears for all our loved ones who have died. We would never be reunited with them. That would be pretty horrendous. I happen to believe that we do live on after we die, what, how, why, is anyone's guess. but my faith could be completely based on false hope!!.

I think the Religous angle has almost everything to do with it, or at the very least it is the ying to the yang in this situation. Religon would most likely fall apart and if the other half of the truth is something evil or scarey like "We are a human ant farm", that would suck.

~Anathema

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hi all, interesting thread. I think I would have to go with the money explanation, it seems to me that everything on this planet comes down to money and greed in the end. If they suddenly announced the Aliens were here and told us a bit about them, could you go to work tomorrow and go about your normal daily routine as if nothing had happened? How many Billions would be lost each day we were all wandering about in a daze, people would be saying why should we work anymore? the Aliens are here now they can give us free .... well, everything! Then if we were told well yes they could but they don't want to, we and I mean Humans would turn on them just like we do anyone else who doesn't do what we want and all hell would break loose and it would be the beginning of the end and the collapse of society as we know it..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join