It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Could be Such a Devastating, Life Altering Secret That'd Stop Disclosure? Aliens/Humanity/God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Star, Flag, & Digg this if you think this thread has something to offer the boards here at ATS, Thankx!

For example this is where I'm going with this and would like other ATS'ers ideas on whet they think the reason might be. Please feel free to speculate, Hypothesize, Guess or use Facts related to our current state of humanity and Government to give some deep ideas.

Hers one to get you all going in the right direction or thought at least.

Perhaps they can't come right out and give full disclosure about the Aliens because its so terrifying that 90%+ of humanity would lose all hope in life and give up and wait to die, end of faith and all hope. This happens because it is disclosed that there is no GOD, we we're created in a galactic petri dish by aliens that are not interested in any benevolent Star Trek'esk intentions of watch us evolve and then helping us once we reach the precipice of our own destruction and a certain level of scientific achievement. Perhaps it is revealed that we are a very closely monitored alien experiment and after a while they just hit the reset button, alter all of our DNA, effectively creating the next generation of humans and study them until they have learned whatever, rinse and repeat.

I will be posting many other idea's as to what Disclosure might reveal to us and what could be a fairly good reason for not receiving full disclosure because I believe in the hunt for truth (I believe in full disclosure **Unless its something so evil or earth/hope shattering that it would do irreversible damage to the Human race and do ultimately more harm than good, like ruin any chance at further human progression because all hope is gone, or fundamental beliefs have been uprooted by this info and destroys our beliefs in anything good that can come from Aliens being here... Also I wanna hear all ideas good or bad, evil or good, any reason why they, they being those in the know, would with hold the truth about Aliens, God, Etc, but I would like to hear the ones that mostly get into possibilities of disclosure being a bad idea because its information that I say again is so Insane, Incomprehensible and basically NOT A GOOD SITUATION, that would destroy all hope, and leave us believing that we aren't special, but just some lab rats or just anything you can think of for non disclosure)

Try to steer clear of the normal reasons unless you're going to give detail and explain why its a GOOD reason for them to not come out and tell us, or at least GOOD enough for those in the know to have a fairly good reason for believing we couldn't handle it. Like my first reason above as an example. Thats a fair reason as to with hold disclosure because it would do a lot more harm then good, don't you think?

Lets get it going guys and gals, looking forward to EVERYONES ideas as I know you all have some real good ones to share and this should make for a very long and great thread because there are 1000's of good reasons for possible non disclosures and we can discuss every idea you all have.

Lets Begin!

~Anathema

**EDIT**

Let me explain something everyone, I have been asking myself a question for a long while now.

That question is this "What could be so Dark, so Humanly Devastating, that would cause the Government or those in the KNOW to with hold the Truth" What brought me to this question is the possibility that DISCLOSURE hasn't occurred because the TRUTH quite possibly is so overwhelming, so evil that it realy would end all hope in life as we know it. Thats just one view point, there are many others, this is a question I want you ALL to ask yourselves and think long and hard about before answering here. Thank You.

If you find the question I posted above interesting and this thread as a whole then please star and flag because I believe this is a really good question that could get alot of good answers and maybe even bring us closer to the truth, even if we never figure out if any of our reasons posted were correct I bet some will be almost 99% spot on to why they aren't letting us know. I have a gut feeling the reason they don't tell us isn't because they think we can't handle it, I think its either something as petty as power (which is better and fixable compared to the next idea) or because the truth wouldn't set us free, but let us all know we live in a hopeless prison and possibly an evil, scary one... feel me?

**EDIT**

~Anathema

[edit on 1/30/2009 by anathema777]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
There will be NO change in the way the world is run or peopled in my opinion.
If the Governments of the world were to disclose the fact that there are aliens or even IF an alien was to come down to Earth and say "Hi", people would stare in wonder.

A lot of this reply will be talking in a good alien point of view.

I also know that religeon is changing to believe that life exists outside this world , even Islam is saying they will try to 'convert' aliens to it.
But I think that any religeon will treat any visitation with anxiety , like the people will at first, then they will relax when the aliens intentions become clear ( providing the intentions are good, Bad intentions will spark the rebellion of Man), but we won't know for quite a while unless the aliens attack us openly.

I also know that in the event of disclosure or visitation that there are some people who will commit suicide purely out of fear of the unknown. It will go against what they have learned or think so severely that they will have no recourse other than to kill themselves.

People have been 'programmed' by the media , films, TV and books that ALL aliens are bad and want to eat us or steal our souls, but if people actually realised that the Earth is NOT the centre of the universe and that the Universe is not just the solar system and understand that it is near infinite and ancient then possibly there is life out there and it may come here.

People , scratch that , a person can be quite smart, but get one wrong mentality in a crowd and watch someone whose scared and runs away turn the crowd into a panicing mob.
Hence the term 'sheeple'.

If the Government were to disclose the fact that aliens are here and have been a while people would start to ask questions , of why wheren't we told?, what else have you hidden from us? and such other questions.

If people were allowed or the aliens rather allowed to integrate into our culture or field of vision at a pace that isn't too violent then people would be quite calm , in fact they would be excited about meeting a totally different being. Something out of the mundane that it would bring a feeling of anticipation into their lives. Religeon itself would adapt into accepting a new 'gift from God' , a new Brother from the stars.
Of course the aliens probably have they're own beliefs and would probably teach interested Humans , maybe some religeons on Earth are not so different from theirs, Like love for the environment and each other, disregard for material wealth , longing for knowledge etc. or maybe such a new concept that we have ( in our limited capacity here on Earth) no concept or understanding of.
Life would indeed be a challenge should any new information come to the notice of the people , for example ,the 50's , TV became mainstream for those that could afford it, radio was all the communication we had apart from cinema, then there's the late 80's calculators were all the rage, then computers came on the scene, now look at todays world.
New information is assimilated by the masses at a speed the individual can perform best at, some are quick to learn , some are slow, but ALL come to hear about it.
After a while information becomes commonplace, and improvements start to appear, in the case of computers, faster , more efficient, more people using it etc.
Alien contract of disclosure about aliens is the same, if the truth comes out , at first there's a rush both ways , people accepting it, or people rejecting it, then sooner or later both meet in the happy medium of its here to stay.

If aliens were to just appear , then either they are good in which case they are understanding enough to learn about us and our inadequacies and anxieties, and would/ should be compassionate enough to integratetemselves into our 'domain' at a pace to cause the least amount of suffering.

But if the aliens are 'bad' , then mankind would find out soon enough , and most would fight for the right to survive.
some would sell out for the right to live as favoured pets, but if the aliens are bent on total extermination of Man then there isn't much we can do, their technology is far superior to ours , the best Man can do is pollute the world with nuclear weapons to poison the well so to speak., thats providing the aliens don't ( and probably have got already) the technology to render our defences inactive.
After all they've either travelled billions of miles, inter-dimensionally and have the technology to counter-act anything we can throw at them.

The WORST we can hope for is the same type of aliens we have on Earth right now, the ones we call Governments, our leaders bicker , argue and come to arrangements, any Alien being or government would be the same , we'd have the same life as we have now but the World would be so much smaller, there'd be alien 'diplomats' from all sides same as in the U.N and we might get a say .

The BEST scenario is the good aliens arrive and we're all Brothers amongst the stars , building hope and love and helping each other better ourselves.
Some can or are allowed offworld to learn the new ways, new 'holiday' destinations are opened , technology is released to help Mankind help itself on a non-violent level ( i.e no weapons tech) but non-polluting power sources are made available . The only ones hurting then are the ones that got greedy and didn't care about the environment we live in. but they're a minority and part of the 'collateral' damage caused by the aliens arrival.

But no matter whether its disclosure , or aliens landing in everyone's front lawn , one constant remains, the World will NEVER be the same again, a new dawn will come when Mankind finally realises that the Earth is no longer the centre of the Universe and it is no longer flat and that Man is NOT ALONE .

Hopeful waffling aside .

If the Governments were to disclose the fact that aliens are either here or on their way for friendship then mankind would at first be highly sceptical of both the information and the government, If disclosure happened that same time as a lot of alien activity then people would ,I think, understand that the governments intention was to acclimatise the people to the fact that aliens exist, less people would be lost through suicide.

However if the aliens were bad , and disclosure told us that then people would appreciate the choice of either going down fighting or lying down and going to sleep with a lot of pills and booze. If the governments said that the aliens technology ,after careful study ISN'T as sturdy as everyone would believe and that a victory is achieavable but with a huge cost , then people would take up arms and many would die happy, knowing they tried to make a difference to the world .
People would prefer the choice, and many would choose to know if they at least had a chance .
If the govenment disclosed any facts about aliens , then people again have the choice to want to know , or not to know or ignore any information until it is televised, then it becomes an inescapable fact.

Bring on disclosure, People might actually be surprised and would want to know the truth for once. no BS , or beating about the bush , so for once politicians , for once do something amazing, tell the truth, bite the bullet and be honest with the people of the Earth, we all have a say, its is after all our lives and our choices that put you in your current poistion.
Stop treating the public as mindless , but as inidividuals as smart as you.

Edited for tea break

[edit on 30/1/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
You know, i think you may be onto something. It makes sense that there would be drastic changes were we to find out that we're some high school science experiment for some other alien race. But i do not think that it will destroy all hope, make people slack lazy bums, etc etc. First, religious groups would simply say that these aliens are demons and they are lying.

This would of course be viewed as bs by quite a few people, and those people will most likely jump ship, so to speak. But the majority of religious minded people will not. If anything it will make them more steadfast IMO.

As for those who would lean towards us really being a petri dish, i dont think it affect them all that much, after all, when an atheist declares there is no God, obviously he/she doesn't suddenly decide that life isn't worth living.

it may be true that we are some kind of genetic experiment, but thats not so bad, is it? And it doesn't discredit the notion of God.

What i believe non disclosure is about is far more grounded in human nature. TPTB simply got got, so to speak. They were had, bamboozled, tricked, whatever you want to call it, and it has actually been a detriment to the human race. Therefore they don't want to disclose, because it would be admitting that they had made a mistake, that they were outsmarted, and that truthfully they never really cared for Humans anyway. (They being TPTB).

Its human nature to attempt to cover up a no no. We all have done something or another to that effect, whether it was hiding that broke vase, or emphatically denying that we broke the window. This is what TPTB are doing, IMO.

People will ask, "well what did we get out of meeting these Aliens, and what are their intentions?" "We got hosed" is not a good answer. So why create the necessity of answering in the first place.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by anathema777
Perhaps they can't come right out and give full disclosure about the Aliens because its so terrifying that 90%+ of humanity would lose all hope in life and give up and wait to die, end of faith and all hope. This happens because it is disclosed that there is no GOD, we we're created in a galactic petri dish by aliens that are not interested in any benevolent Star Trek'esk intentions of watch us evolve and then helping us once we reach the precipice of our own destruction and a certain level of scientific achievement.

Even assuming for a moment that aliens had 'created' us, that doesn't mean there is no god, does it? I don't believe in god but I don't think one thing negates the other.

We are currently doing a lot of genetic experimentation and we've been already able to clone animals, I'm sure it would be just a matter of time before we create life in a lab. Would that mean there was no god?

Assuming aliens are highly advanced beings capable of traveling the Universe rapidly, doesn't mean they know more about god than we do.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by converge]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
No doubt if the government does not give us total disclosure there probably is a valid reason beyond free energy etc. I'd imagine many people would find it completely hideous... like...

"Your work is complete terraformers, time for deactivation".

or

"You are our intellectual property and we will do with you as we please".

and finally, the scariest IMHO:

"Your earth is about to be destroyed to make way for an intergalactic super-highway"

IRM

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

I for one would welcome our balloon like gray reptilian overlords. Sorry for leaving a one liner I had to go. I want to get more into this topic because it is a good one. Just kidding about the reptilian overlord thing. The problem is I started the post then had to run like I'm doing now. Be back to delve into the matter at hand.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I think you brought up many of the reasons that they fear they couldn't tell us everything now. A big part of the secrecy agenda is trying to save face now i think. They have been hiding things from us for so long now that they don't know how they would ever begin to disclose anything without criminalizing themselves, afterall, the things they have been lying to us about for all these years was funded with tax dollars (NASA) so how to disclose without making themselves targets for trials is a huge problem. The mountain of lies would come crumbling down, Billions of dollars would be taken away from their program, and many individuals would go to jail.
Here's some things to think about from the Skipper, who has put way more thought into the issue than I have, and sums the situation up better tan I ever could.

Yes I believe that advanced intelligent life other than our own exists. The logic and math of it is just simply inescapable. But, while I don't believe this is the case, let's just presume for the sake of argument here that there actually has not been any contact by others in our greater environment with any humans here on Earth. If so, they may be a number of reasons and not all having to do with us. Still we might consider that it may be because we are regarded as too juvenile and immature as we Earth humans tend to think of those terms and especially in relation to the possibly more advanced and sophisticated social development level of other older races that we may eventually have to deal with. In other words, some truth here about ourselves could be a bit painful.
After all, we are too often a collection of myopically self focussed Earth civilizations and we've spent thousands of years habituated to believe that we are alone in this environment. Also, we are apparently also habituated to the believe that we are the top species in our environment. We've also over and over again historically shown ourselves too often to be intolerant and dismissive of differences in others right down to the most ridiculously small cosmetic shallow details. Worse, that's how we act just among ourselves and one can only imagine how we might react to real significant differences in really different others. Let's face it, too many of us apparently were not listening when prophets among us have down through time tried to teach us to exercise more tolerance.

The excuse for public consumption would no doubt be that secrecy was for our own good and to prevent contagious panic but the deeper underlying reason would more than likely be that leaders were simply stalling trying to see and manipulate their way through to an advantage with alien technology being the likely goal in this particular scenario.
There would no doubt quickly be an open military and/or intelligence response intended to prevent and/or contain such an event and any effected by it as though it was a contagion. Leaders never trust populations with large scale impact knowledge because it rarely means anything beneficial or profitable for them personally. In other words, it is too often our myopic self interest that rules us.
Such a scenario in the absence of overwhelming proof of it is so far beyond the "perceived" norm that disbelief is of course going to be the usual response and now regarded as normal. Further, population psychology is also heavily manipulated in this direction both by secrecy intent but also by population self acceptance. Do any of you doubt that any attempt to bring any acceptable level of proof into a public alien contact scenario would not bring on the immediate action and full immense resources of the control addicts into play trying to contain and isolate the "problem?" Obviously any responsible alien interests considering contact with Earth planet wide populations would be well aware of this and have to act accordingly and with careful restraint.

Here's where it get's to the point:

Their great fear is not aliens demonstrating obvious restraint in dealing with we Earth humans but the public here becoming too knowledgeable of this and then in turn of their great long standing deceptions. The latter gives the former a negative quality that could potentially spark a reactive flame of blame and a heads rolling scenario playing out here on Earth. At this stage, I have no doubt that it is the fear and avoidance of this scenario's potential that is the primary impetus for continued secrecy, not any alien evidence itself.

some more to ponder on:

Yes, the secrecy agenda has aggressively initiated and reinforced the current ridiculous planetary secrecy problem but we have all out here in the public facilitated it by our past abdication of involvement and responsibility in our own space exploration programs. We of course left it all up to the "experts" which is just another more palatable way of saying we didn't want to deal with such complexity ourselves and tax our poor brains. As a result, ignorance and myopic obsessiveness reigns supreme on both sides of an ever widening schism because we as a people on both sides are stuck on avoidance, gratification and power that corrupts depending or where you are located in this matter.

What must be understood is that change and a new age for Earth humanity is irrevocably and relentlessly approaching. It takes no seer or prophet to see this, only an open mind and a little common sense logic and reason. It is driven not by this work but rather this work is driven by it. At its cutting edge it is driven by the aggressive grasping for answers and advanced technology primarily at the secrecy agenda end that relentless draws us all faster and faster into interaction with the greater more complex environment that we seem by our actions to prefer to remain ignorant of. The secrecy types are thoroughly addicted to this grasping and so there is not the slightest chance that this it will voluntarily abate and so the advancement of and what comes is relentless and unavoidable for us all.

To adequately adjust to and operate in this new (to us) greater and more complex environment will require the abandonment of some of our past reliance on pretense and essentially a new Earth human paradigm shift. Adjustment will require the closing of this fore mentioned schism primarily via the elimination of ignorance and pretense on both sides and the revealing of some hard truths. However, change happens at different speeds for different people. For the general public this happens via gradually growing awareness of greater truths perhaps not previously thought possible and coming to grips with our far too passive and responsible role in this. For the myopically self focussed secrecy types this happens via gradual realization that their current path of manipulation and isolation is seriously flawed and not conducive to their own long term meaningful survival.

Because they congratulate themselves on being in the "know" and so easily manipulating you and I with our cooperation as not nearly so bright types, they've long ago come to believe their own press (much like rock stars) and have convinced themselves that they have a good handle on things. Consequently it is much harder for them to see the error of their ways and the trap that they have dug for themselves and make a turn around. Such early adjustments are conducive to future adaptability.

As a group they are far to addicted to their past historical ways to voluntarily alter course within their ranks. That is where this evidence record and its impact comes into the picture. Yes the growing evidence certainly spreads growing awareness among the public and particularly among the more independent thinkers out here.

The Skipper has thought about every angle on this, and I consider him an expert on the Secrecy Agenda. Unfortunately for us, we have probably helped them quite a bit.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

Personally, I am more suspicious of government and expect them to retain their knowledge of alien existence for their own needs and gains.

I don't think it has anything to do with fearing what the reaction would be to releasing such information, beyond the unknown of course.
They fear losing control of the people, they fear an enemy gaining information that perhaps only they hold, they fear a breakdown in religious values because it is an easy game for them to play to keep control.

If you haven't done so, I suggest listening to the concept album by Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero.
It is basically all about an alien race arriving, disapproving of how we've messed everything up, and deciding to wipe us from the Earth. You have the religious side also believing it's god come to punish us etc...

At least that's what I take from it.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Hers one to get you all going in the right direction or thought at least.

Perhaps they can't come right out and give full disclosure about the Aliens because its so terrifying that 90%+ of humanity would lose all hope in life and give up and wait to die, end of faith and all hope. This happens because it is disclosed that there is no GOD, we we're created in a galactic petri dish by aliens that are not interested in any benevolent Star Trek'esk intentions of watch us evolve and then helping us once we reach the precipice of our own destruction and a certain level of scientific achievement. Perhaps it is revealed that we are a very closely monitored alien experiment and after a while they just hit the reset button, alter all of our DNA, effectively creating the next generation of humans and study them until they have learned whatever, rinse and repeat.

Everyone has to die sometime. This does not upset me in the least. Also, it suggests to me that God, might be an alien, which it seems is the case, anyway. Who has ever met God, and lived to show proof? Other than faith, there is no proof of the existance of God.

The only ones I see freaking out over the possible existance of us being an experiment, would be all the religious groups that make money off of peoples faith. The Vatican would crumble, so would other religious conglomerates.

So what? Would that be such a bad thing?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I think it would be hard for a lot of people to accept the fact that we have been back engineering alien technology for over 60 years now and it has slowly been brought into society over the years. That means that we as human beings haven't really invented much in a long time. It can always be drawn back to alien technology. What will happen to "human innovation?" Will there be a lack of creativity and invention when we realize that humanity has copying of other species for such a long time? For a lot of people that would be hard to accept.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm personally of the opinion that disclosure has not happened due to the current state of human affairs, conciousness, and general trends of behviour amoungst the "average joes and joettes".

Cases in point:

1.) People.

A lot of people out there can't maintain civil relations with other people due to simple and minor physical and cultural differences.

Look at all the racial hatred, fat jokes, culture/appearance/behavior jokes and judgments that fly by us every day about human beings.

Imagine confiming that aliens do exist, and how they'll quickly be absorbed into that kind of demographic.

Some aliens might be even more sensitive to that sort of thing that we credit them for in our human arrogance.

2.) The Sensitivity Issue:

I've read accounts of reported beings being extremely hypersensitive to simple thoughts and projected EMOTIONS of humans they've been in close contact with. (it's here on ATS - please search for further info - I'm swamped!)

You can't expect the majority of people with their current intolerance and "buck up and suck it up - grow a thicker skin" to nessicarily understand and/or respect the needs of these beings - which may not have anthing to do with simple attitude adjustment.

3.) The "Questions":

From what I understand, there are still so many questions that even EBE's haven't answered yet. One entity, communication differences, phsyiology, host culture, history, etc...etc...so on ad infinum.

Now imagine a human populace who is so used to having things on demand. They want their questions answered now, and have very little patience for when they don't get what they want when they want it.

A nightmare waiting to happen. Accussations and "worst scenarios" will fly like mad, raging across the landscape and forums like wildfire.

4.) Hostile Entities

If there are any, and information was exposed prematurely - people would freak out. But what if that one "hostile" encounter was under special circumstances? Was it self-defense on the part of the EBE? Was the hostility merely a individual personal expression of the being or was it representative of the ENTIRE culture of said being?

We all know how stereotypes in the human work work out on this one. Take a look at any active war and it's propaganda and the results of such.

5.) Religious Cults and Messianic Complexes of some folks.

Tell me there owuldn't be a massive assumption that "all our problems are over now because the aliens are here". tell me there wouldn't be fighting over "why, if they've been here - are there so many problems still"?

Tell me people don't love to shun their own responsibility and blame others out of their own laziness and desire to have "someone else fix everything". It's all over the place.

6.) There isn't a single alien race.

Or two, or three...but hundreds, thousands, or even millions.

Try cataloguing all that since 1947!

7.) Unrealistic Expectations.

'nuff said.

In short - full disclosure on a wide scale would be a bad move for the human race in general.

Why not read some Bradbury (Martian Chronicles) or better yet, some Robert Heinlen (Stanger in a Strange Land)? How about actually reading Arthur C. Clarkes "2001" (yes, it's a book with more details than the movie, kiddos
)

Who knows? Maybe the disclosure you seek is already out there in some form or format. I know it would be exciting to see "official" documents and photos, but really....my gods....that opens a whole new box of crackers in it's own right!

Cheers.

(*edit for spelling, lost letters.)

[edit on 1/30/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by converge

Perhaps they can't come right out and give full disclosure about the Aliens because its so terrifying that 90%+ of humanity would lose all hope in life and give up and wait to die, end of faith and all hope. This happens because it is disclosed that there is no GOD, we we're created in a galactic petri dish by aliens that are not interested in any benevolent Star Trek'esk intentions of watch us evolve and then helping us once we reach the precipice of our own destruction and a certain level of scientific achievement.

Even assuming for a moment that aliens had 'created' us, that doesn't mean there is no god, does it? I don't believe in god but I don't think one thing negates the other.

We are currently doing a lot of genetic experimentation and we've been already able to clone animals, I'm sure it would be just a matter of time before we create life in a lab. Would that mean there was no god?

Assuming aliens are highly advanced beings capable of traveling the Universe rapidly, doesn't mean they know more about god than we do.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by converge]

Im not sure if you miss read me and assumed I was saying there is no GOD, this is not what I am saying. I was just starting this thread off with an example of just ONE off the top of my head example of ideas id like to hear. In fact it wasn't even my own personal few favorite reasons for why Disclosure has not happened.

Let me explain something everyone, I have been asking myself a question for a long while now.

That question is this "What could be so Dark, so Humanly Devastating, that would cause the Government or those in the KNOW to with hold the Truth" What brought me to this question is the possibility that DISCLOSURE hasn't occurred because the TRUTH quite possibly is so overwhelming, so evil that it realy would end all hope in life as we know it. Thats just one view point, there are many others, this is a question I want you ALL to ask yourselves and think long and hard about before answering here. Thank You.

~Anathema

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I agree, it would be hard for some to accept that our innovations came from somewhere else. At the same time would most of the people of the world really give a flying whatsit? Half of the world live on less than $2 a day, where warmth, food and medicine would make a difference in their lives, knowing the truth about cattle mutilations in North Dakota probably wouldn't.

The anger (or revolution) would come if the answers to many of our problems where known but kept from us.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

My $0.02. There's no disclosure because anything they'd disclose would only result in more unanswerable questions. All governments want to be thought of as all powerful all knowledgable entities. In this case, all they would be able to disclose is, "something's going on, but we don't know what/who/why".

That would be bad, and by the nature of a response like that, would only serve in generating additional fear. So they say nothing, allowing assumptions that either there's nothing to any of it, or they're in control and "working with" some outworld somethings. Neither of which I personally believe.

I think at the highest levels, the attitude is that something's going on but whatever it is seems to pose no real immediate threat and we have bigger issues to address. Like keeping people fed and employed and the Bad Guys at bay. Once everyone's confident we have a handle on all that, maybe the Gubmints will seriously look into whatever mysterious entities are visiting.

If anything, I'd be wary of any type of official "disclosure". I'm waiting for some Projuct Blue Beam-like control mission generating enough FUD to make us relenquish what semblance of illusory autonomy we have now.

Of course, I could be wrong.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Great post! This is why I think any visitors to Earth are slowly getting the population used to the idea that they are here.

I think this will increase until we all know there are, without a doubt, other entities visiting our planet.

We're already at the point where governments are openly stating that "they do not know what *insert UFO tale here* was" rather than the blanket denials and excuses offered before.

More evidence is being released, or being allowed to be released into the public domain.

Personally, I think we'll continue to see an increase in sightings. They'll become more daring and closer. The only step further from this is actual encounters and evidence of alien appearance.
I think that'll happen once a high percentage of Humans accept that there are other beings visiting Earth.

I think if the governments are aware, they'll start commissioning open research into alien life forms, get us used to seeing what they look like prior to them landing for all to see.

I have no doubt that it will happen one day, but I don't know if it'll be in the next 50 years. I guess it all depends on when the majority of us Humans accept the evidence that we are being visited.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Great post! This is why I think any visitors to Earth are slowly getting the population used to the idea that they are here.

I think this will increase until we all know there are, without a doubt, other entities visiting our planet.

We're already at the point where governments are openly stating that "they do not know what *insert UFO tale here* was" rather than the blanket denials and excuses offered before.

More evidence is being released, or being allowed to be released into the public domain.

Personally, I think we'll continue to see an increase in sightings. They'll become more daring and closer. The only step further from this is actual encounters and evidence of alien appearance.
I think that'll happen once a high percentage of Humans accept that there are other beings visiting Earth.

I think if the governments are aware, they'll start commissioning open research into alien life forms, get us used to seeing what they look like prior to them landing for all to see.

I have no doubt that it will happen one day, but I don't know if it'll be in the next 50 years. I guess it all depends on when the majority of us Humans accept the evidence that we are being visited.

Thank You, I really wanna have us all dive into this thread as I think it touches bases with the otherside of the fence on Disclosure. Most people always say "We deserve the truth" and I tend to agree. Also I am reffering to the real 100% truth if there is anyone on Earth that really knows it. Thats what brought me to think up and give years of thought to "What could be so dammed horrible that if they told us it would just CRUSH the Human Psychy into the ground"?

Really is a good question and makes you think huh?

~Anathema

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Interesting thread.

Personally, I am more suspicious of government and expect them to retain their knowledge of alien existence for their own needs and gains.

I don't think it has anything to do with fearing what the reaction would be to releasing such information, beyond the unknown of course.
They fear losing control of the people, they fear an enemy gaining information that perhaps only they hold, they fear a breakdown in religious values because it is an easy game for them to play to keep control.

If you haven't done so, I suggest listening to the concept album by Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero.
It is basically all about an alien race arriving, disapproving of how we've messed everything up, and deciding to wipe us from the Earth. You have the religious side also believing it's god come to punish us etc...

At least that's what I take from it.

I am very skeptical of the government myself in these reguards and often wonder what their exact motives are for non disclosure. Most the time I lean towards power, as do others, but lately (2 years+) I have reverted to the topic of this post. What secret could be SO DANGEROUS TO OUR VERY EXISTENCE that they cannot tell us? Scary question that really gets you thinking, if that is you really think about the question I am putting forth here.

~Anathema

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

"What could be so Dark, so Humanly Devastating, that would cause the Government or those in the KNOW to with hold the Truth"

If you meant US government....Here are the reasons why such knowledge would be withheld..

1). "Aliens told us, God is a Muslim"

2). "Yeah. We lied. And as you see we're pretty darn good at it!"

3). "Aliens told us, Jesus was an Alien."

4). "Your government had a two-way deal with EBE's but because we did not uphold our end of the bargain, EBE's withdrew cooperation and exchange in 1965.."

5). Lawsuits. Big ones.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by senshido

"What could be so Dark, so Humanly Devastating, that would cause the Government or those in the KNOW to with hold the Truth"

If you meant US government....Here are the reasons why such knowledge would be withheld..

1). "Aliens told us, God is a Muslim"

2). "Yeah. We lied. And as you see we're pretty darn good at it!"

3). "Aliens told us, Jesus was an Alien."

4). "Your government had a two-way deal with EBE's but because we did not uphold our end of the bargain, EBE's withdrew cooperation and exchange in 1965.."

5). Lawsuits. Big ones.

I think that's about awesome, lol. I like all those ideas you just gave. Keep 'em coming.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Here's a heavy one...

( and sincere apologies if someone has previously mentioned it and I missed it...long day, very tired.
)

"God is an alien being, and he's here to explain how he did it."

Man. Complete meltdown for some people.

( Personally, though....I'd attend that lecture with earnest! )

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join