It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC news, 128 year old woman found living in Uzbekistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Link to Yahoo.com BBC news video gmy.news.yahoo.com...

Wow this is cool, she says " health is in good condition but hearing not so good" the oldest ever recorded living person was 122 years old.
Besides the modest living I wonder what her secret is? Thoughts on this? do you think this is her real age?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

she could be using a taoist secret remedy with black garlic

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

she could be using black garlic and a few other ingredients witch are needed for immortality that the Taoist gods gave to people

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
she looks like a sweetheart - luv her smile
I think that having a positive outlook goes a long way towards a long and happy life
she's old, for sure, but they were not always too accurate way back when about birth records.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
She must not have finished what she set out to do in her current incarnation, or else - she simply loves it here so much she refuses to leave!

Can't say I blame her, I'd do the same were my health in such fine condition at her golden age.

What a marvelous lady!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
Thoughts on this? do you think this is her real age?

I would doubt if that is really her exact age. 128 years ago most babies (especially in Uzbekistan) were NOT born in hospitals. They were born at home and then eventually someone recorded their birth with the government and often guessed at the approximate day/year.

If they knew when the birth certificate was created (was she 30 or 40 at the time?) then we could guess how accurate it is.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Yes you are right, most children were born at home, and when in secluded areas of the countries they were registered when the census will come and make a visit or families church will keep a record.

I have my father as an example.

When he was born in my Island of Puerto Rico the only certificated of birth was back then the day they were baptized.

So until this day we don't know truly my father's age as he was baptized when he was about 6, his mother, (my grandmother) died when he was very young and his only sister by mother side said that he was about 6 or older when he got baptized.

So we actually believe that my father is older than the church records said.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043When he was born in my Island of Puerto Rico the only certificated of birth was back then the day they were baptized.

Yeah my mother was born in Switzerland at home. She is not sure of her exact birthdate, but knows within a couple of days.

Back then the church was the main record keeper. Her family lineage is traced back to the 1200's through church records. Pretty cool actually.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
That is how was done in countries with very strong Catholic hold. My father didn't grew up with his mother, as she die very young, my father was raised by various members of the family until one decided that it was time to have him baptized by the church.

By that time year and day of birth was forgotten, I feel sorry for my dad because even when he grew up around his father on and off it wasn't until my father was ready for social security that he found out that his father never gave him his last name officially.

He had not record of birth no last name and the social security office gave him a hard time.

Thankfully my grandfather was still alive and he was able to recognize my father at the ripe age of 62 my grandfather was 85 at he time.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Besides the modest living I wonder what her secret is? Thoughts on this? do you think this is her real age?

I bet she drank a lot of flouride and asparthame. It probably would have helped if she ate a couple of big macs with fries on a daily basis followed by some dessert.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Link to Yahoo.com BBC news video gmy.news.yahoo.com...

Wow this is cool, she says " health is in good condition but hearing not so good" the oldest ever recorded living person was 122 years old.

Yes, to answer the question if I believe it is her real age.

Her secret? Probably genetic. There is a gene that a group of people called centenarians possess, that enables the person that has it to live decades longer then average lifespan, and also enables the individual with this gene to age slower.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The yahoo link is apparently only available in certain areas, so here is the BBC link, with video:

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 30/1/09 by woogleuk]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the thoughts all! this is the kind of "news" that falls into my " let's imagine" section. I think that this kind of thought provoking material is good for the mind and for me, The imagination factor in this is cool because even though we can't pinpoint her age to the exact we can still come up with all the "whys and hows". Deffinatly a well to do over all the doom and gloom of late!
I wonder all she has seen and been through, can you imagine?

new topics

top topics

join