It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Disturbing Legislation Eminating from Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

More Disturbing Legislation Eminating from Congress

www.blacklistednews.com

...The proposed legislation is incredibly disturbing since there is already an apparatus in place to setup nationwide martial law...

...After everything Congress has put the people through these past eight years, it's unlikely that the bill is meant to help people...

...It's time for the ruling by fear to stop and the ruling by law to begin...including politicians who violate it, not just the rest of us.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I know, I know, same s*#@ , different day; but reading this article really put the shivers down my spine this time!

Reading it carefully, it does a great job of putting the 'unthinkable' scenario into chronological order, beginning with George W's first term, and how they carefully put these laws into place.

Seems like all they have to do now, is "push a button" and we go down the drain!

I know members of the military, and most say they won't do this to their fellow Americans, but in reality, they have to feed their families, too. These same guys, out of the other side of their mouths, said Chinese or Russian troops would, if given the chance!

Will it get so bad, that America gives that kind of authority to the UN? Will the UN ever give China enough sway to call in, and enforce their debt-collecting?

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Section 1042 of the 2007 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), that never became law, says “Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies,” gives the executive the power to invoke martial law, meaning that for the first time in over a century, the president could authorize the use of the military in response to a natural disaster, a disease outbreak, a terrorist attack or any other condition deemed necessary by the President in a situation where its determined that domestic violence has occurred to the extent that state officials cannot maintain public order

Can we say California on Feb 1?
Great article, i'm still reading, but this stood out to me, with all the recent news of CA being broke and no govt funding, and asking state workers to take IOU's for pay.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Why would the PTB need changes in the law to institute a martial law takeover anyway? If they wipe their backside with the constitution, then the rule of law should mean nothing to them. Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 30/1/09 by MajesticJax]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I agree - that is really disturbing. I'm surprised that Congress is choosing to do something like that so soon into their session.

It is always fascinating to see the various requests to Congress. This Congressional session will perhaps be more interesting because of everything included in the stimulus bill and everything else that Congress will have to deal with. I'm curious to see how this particular Congress will handle all of the competing priorities.

The Democrats are touting their first 100 days as the time when they are going to get a tremendous amount accomplished. I hope they do accomplish something significant in the first 100 days. It seemed like the last Congress didn't accomplish much in all of 2008. I saw that the Friends of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is asking people to give their opinion on the most important thing for Congress to do in their first 100 days. Then they're going to work to get Congress to accomplish what the public actually wants them to do. If you think they should block legislation like this, make sure to add your opinion so Congress can know what our priorities are - www.friendsoftheuschamber.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Maybe, severdsoul, maybe. Star!

Thanks.
I would think AHHHnold could handle anything!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

I don't know, snakes-on-a-plane, , er, I mean MajesticJax... Star!

Maybe it's so when we put the Constitution in there face, they put this bill in OURS!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I'm going to be naked when military soldiers arrive at my front door.

I will have my ammunition ready. Specifically urine.

I will also be holding a angry lobster in my hand.

=)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jj999

Me too, tt666; ,. , . ..I mean jj999, , sorry, musta been lookin at your
name upside-down!
nyuk nyuk nyuk...

A very patriotic Star for you, friend! Great link! I'll be sure to visit again, thanks.

And WELCOME to ATS!

[edit on 1/31/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Outa' sight, Revolution-2012, Star!

So, you're one of those fecal-flingers too? That would really piss 'em off! sorry, poor choice of words!

top topics

join