It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Presidency 'Ignites Ku Klux Klan'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Big words coming from a Canadian. The majority of Americans are not stupid as you so elegantly put it. The Klan is what is stupid. And pulling a close second is anyone who believes that Nobama is some kind of savior. Eyes will be opened before the year is up. There will be much dissappointment.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by HolydarknessVA
Sad fact is he was elected because of the color of his skin

He was elected because the entire media was his marketing team

You're absolutely right. And the marketing angle was...what????

First African American President.How come they constantly said black and african american? He is 1/2 white. If they marketed him as white this would be an outrage to the black community. The media played the race card while Obama played both sides of the race card.

Regardles, I personally don't think there will ever be racial harmony, for the simple fact that the ones who are mature and educated do realize that not everyone shares these sentiments and is or was responsible or related to somebody responsible.

I can trace my Irish/Scottish Italian ancestry back to when my releatives arrived and tell you They had NOTHING EVER to do with slavery. So tell me why you think it's alright to assume because I'm white that you/everyone can hold me responsible for the ignorance of others whom actions I had nothing to do with.?

It's the ignorance of statements and views such as yours and people who continue to push the race agenda, who keep fueling racism. If you, me and everyone else aren't grown up and educated enough to know the difference and live peacebly, than it's the sole problem of the one who refuses to let go.

"The spread of Knowledge and Education has taught MANKIND (all species), Little in the art of SELF CONTROL and Even LESS in Living with One another "

Touchy subject which is a waste too argue. Simple fact is everyone of every race/gender is responsible for racism. It's not a one sided issue like you make it sound. there's plenty of ignorance in every race, so lets just leave it at that FACT.

Everything else is just peoples speculation and personal opinion.

[edit on 30/1/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I kind of feel racism has been implanted into us in some way. And it keeps being fed down through the ages. I feel as though we are being experimented on. "Let's just separate people, make them different, and give them ideas that the other group of people is somehow bad." And the media just doesn't stop feeding us ideas of hate toward other races and peoples. I'm sorry, I just don't see a lot of Islamic people waiting on local street corners, waiting to cut my throat. Yet, the media wants me to hate them.

I could have been a white racist, but I chose to fight it. I chose to fight those ideas that flowed through my mind. I could have chose to blurt out those racist words my whole life, that were fed to me by family and friends, but I didn't. Yeah, I was guilty of using those words some times. But I grew up.

I have family members and friends that just won't let their racist views go. The N word pops up, and it angers me. It's like WTF. There may not have been a black person within miles of us, much less anywhere nearby who wanted to hurt us, but here pops out the N word. The N word isn't a nice word. I have had family members say something like, "That's what we've always called them." How does that justify it?

I love my family and friends, but some of them have this blemish called racism embedded in them. They aren't completely rotten, just blemished in this area of life.

The weird thing is, my family aren't all pure white people. We have Native American blood lines. Aren't Native Americans dark skinned? But, nooo, the black man has black skin, so he is somehow bad? My own family amazes me with this stuff.

Yeah, racism is still quite big. How many times do you see blacks and whites, in general, giving each other hugs, and just having a good time together? You know, just generally just being comfortable with each other. It happens, but not enough. Yes, we do have people making progress with this, however. Interracial marriages, in my eyes, are progress.

If you can't imagine getting it on, hot and heavy with with someone from a different race, then I think there is a chance that you have some "racial" ideas flowing through your mind. I use sex because that is some of the most intimate contact you can have with another person. But, probably, a better word, other than sex, would be, "making love," because that's deeper than things like "one night stands."

It angers me to think we may be an experiment, or being experimented on, or our feelings are being manipulated in some way. We've, generally, got no logical reason to dislike each other. Why are we backed off of each other? Why do we feel the urge to have a war with someone(s) in another country?

Someone was telling about Ireland, I think it was. Those people were not like other people. To him they were the most loving and kind people he had ever met. Why would that be?

These KKK folks with their narrow minds, they embarrass me as a white man. Get over that non-sense, come up to the 21st century, and let's move on.

That goes for any racist. Time to move on, and advance the civilization, not hold it back.

Troy

[edit on 30-1-2009 by cybertroy]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

You're right,racism has been impalnted into us for centuries. I believe it was to keep us divided and at odds because they know if we ever united all races as one people, they couldn't remain in power. It's common sense but people just want to look at the programming they been trained to do.

Not everyone conforms to societies mold. As you stated about yourself. This is a good trait and the only way people will rise above the rest. This is what knowledge,wisdom and experience bring to the table. This is what seperated the leaders and people who dared to be different form the rest of the sheep.

Star for not conforming to the ignorance and negativity that evils are made of.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

First lucid post in here,the brainwashing among the others is overwelming

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thank you for the star.

Absolutely, it just seems like racism has been perpetuated, over and over.

Turn on the news. Busy, busy, busy. These media guys are trying to make you hate somebody. Stirring the pot. They were at the forefront of trying to start a war with Islamic people. Showing us that Islamic people don't like us, and at the same time teaching us that there we should dislike Islamic people in return.

If it's not manipulation, then what is it?

The media is doing the same suppressive thing with the economy. Feeding us bad ideas about the economy. Everywhere there is a layoff, the media is right there to put a magnifying glass on it and make it look as bad as possible. Out of fear people stop buying, they stop production, and they start laying off people.

Everybody should be frightened and scared of each other, scared of the economy, etc, etc. We're either supposed to curl up in fetal position and give up, fight and kill each other, or walk the earth as zombies under "remote control" via pills, stimuli, and commands.

Something stinks about planet earth. Like someone is above us, looking at us like lab rats, prisoners or something. Injecting control mechanisms, problems, hate, and on and on. To either control us, or destroy those who do not want to be controlled (conform).

And, as I have mentioned, my family and friends aren't rotten. They just have this "blemish," and it seems to affect a lot of people.

Troy

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The south will rise again!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
No doubt that the KKK will grow larger with Obama as president. Still plenty of racist in our world.

I just wonder how they are going to like the new black head of their own party.

New RNC Chief

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
- EQUALITY -
First and foremost - "We hold these truths to be self-evident - that all men and women are created equal." With these words, the Declaration of Independence committed the United States of America at its birth to the promise of equality. That ideal has defined our history and is one we are still struggling to reach. It took the Civil War and the civil rights movement to begin to fulfill our country's promise to African Americans. Within our national concept of equality, there are indeed tensions. "it is up yo you." The furture is up to each of us, and we all have a responsibility to ensure that the promise of equal rights is fulfilled for ourselves and for our children.
Give up the harsh title of Master for the more tender and endearing one of Friend. Regard us then as Beings placed by providence under your protection and in immitation of the Supreem Being make use of that power only for our happiness.
We all are people of the nation. We are the fiber and sinew of war - the mother, the farmer, the miner, the industrial worker, the soldier. We the people will not fight in vain.
I am enormously interested in the development of all men, women, and children of this great nation. I am enormously interested in the contributions which men, women, and children can make to the advancement of this nation unto the world as an example to follow our lead into the furture of the United States of America and the World Satge such as it is presently.
The times are indeed changing, and that time for change in NOW, not yesterday, or tomorrow, but today "RIGHT NOW!!!"
We will do well not to rush unprepared into action. I believe that the advence of the human race toward the goal of human happiness will more rapid than it has ever been.
With many of our Presidents, it was never felt that they were the only men and/or women of their generation who could have been elected to the office, and this must hold true for the future of the United States of America.
Let freedom ring!!! "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God almighty, we are free at last!"
C.T.R., Elder1952

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Elder1952]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Darky6K

Whites may have played the slavery game to great effect and held power the longest in historical terms but they are no more racist than any other ethnic group. If you really want to see racism in action, visit China or Japan, they hate everyone else pretty openly. My cousin, who is half Micronesian and looks like a light-skinned Japanese, is stationed in Okinawa and has trouble non-stop with the locals because he is tall and fair complected. Don't even ask how they treat black soldiers!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Your mixed family and mine should hang out together, they'd get along swimmingly! I worked for several years with a very elegant and well educated black man who was married to a white Indian woman and her own brother offered to shoot him and their baby to keep the family "pure." Huh? He used to tell me about being left out of family events like he didn't exist, I think he was thrilled to get away when they split up.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Is this how it works? If you're not rude then people won't be prejudice against you?

No. It works like: if you're not rude, people won't realize that you're a jerk and they'll treat you just fine. While I certainly can't speak for everyone, I have seen a really big jump to a very low level on most people's moron threshold lately. If you aren't being one, people won't treat you like one. It has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with behavior.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

A KKK resurgence in the US? As noted above, all they needed to boost their numbers was for a black President to be elected. So does this mean that existing Klansmen are happy to see Obama elected? I thought these guys had largely gone by the way and the only existing members were the most extreme, inbred back-country folk that existed in places like that in Deliverence.

point of order, seems to be an accepted stereotype that "inbreeding" is associated with poor white areas of America, which is not actually the case, and in fact, taking Britain as an example the highest proportion of genetic deformities due to inbreeding with close relatives is among the Pakistani Muslim community, but that wouldn't be an acceptable stereotype now would it.....

i'll join

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Elder1952

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Elder1952

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

This is pretty funny... reminds me of a quote by Kurt Cobain, it's not pc so I'll bleep it.. but he said, "The only n****** are the KKK" - Kurt Cobain.

Also wonder how the recruitment of these guys is going...

s.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Ahhh, racist organizations and their advancing memberships... I know of a couple...

The KKK is a joke, just a very poorly organized, poorly funded, laughable band of rednecks for the most part... I doubt this will be changing anytime or ever in the future.

The Naacp on the other hand is an ocean of wealth and influence that runs like a well oiled machine. It is an enormous, gargantuan, astronomical monstrosity of hate and racism disguised as something innocent, pure, credible, respectable and politically correct... it has been for decades. The Naacp is an eternal testiment to the fact that if marketed correctly, true hatred and malice towards another race can be viewed to be as acceptable as Mom's apple pie in the eyes of the general public.

Whoever would stereotype blacks as being somehow mentally inferior to whites, apparently lacks the ability to see things accurately... White people in the KKK once tried to establish their racial dominance through murder and direct chaos. But steadily through the years, through a tactful, careful and intelligent approach - Blacks have overtaken all of pop culture and claimed the predominant influence over virtually everything in western society. That's power. And now, the blacks are dominating the top levels of the American political scene as well.

Ahh well, you know what they say about opinions... I guess it applies to me too.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Not sure how true this is, a lot of racists I know voted for Obama. Some of them think he would further their cause by screwing things up. Others said he was the better pick.
The Klan hasn't had any power since the late 1970s anyway, Morris Dees will just find a way to sue them and make a profit off of them anyhow so its probably a moot point if they are recruiting.

I have to agree with you there. I know a few racist that voted for Obama and they would not have anything to do with the KKK.

Racism is alive and well in America and there is no fear that it is going to change in the near future.

I think that this is a good thing for all concerned. A KKK in the closet is still a KKK. Better the enemy you know then the one you don't.

The KKK are people that have to blame others for their inadequacies and failures. The same ones that are so quick to point out that someone is useless and lazy are the same ones that claim that the reason they don’t have that Mansion or coveted truck or tractor is because some good for nothing person of color or a Jew prevented them from having it because they were given special preference in their job or got a slot that they would have gotten if that person did not exist.

Their Tonya Harding mentally has served them well and the wonderfully things that they have done to advance the country that they claim to love is lacking much.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Obama's presidency didn't ignite the KKK!

They ignited themselves simply due to the narrow minded, low brow, red necked, cousin having, banjo playing nut cases that they are! I mean, they take pride in walking around in dunce hats and Halloween fancy dress. I think that says it all.

Further more, if they are all about white pride and all that crap, then why don't they show their faces? These guys are wimps... weak dogs that gain strength from roaming in packs!

IRM

Not for nothing, but this stereotype of white racists is outdated. I'm black, and I've seen more racism from the latte-sipping, white liberal crowd than I have from people like you describe. Today's racism is more along the lines of the soft bigotry of low expectation/head-patting, "there, there mr. black guy, we know what's best for you" variety. That said, obama's election is changing even that. Today's racism is found by reading between the lines of behavior.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

What a shame that these ignorant, scared people can't just grow up and realize there is no correlation between the amount of melanin in ones skin and intelligence.

It's time for these people to either crawl into the 21 century or find a nice deep, dark cave, crawl in and fill in the opening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join