It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted hospital calls in exorcist to rid wards of 'cloaked Roman ghost'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Haunted hospital calls in exorcist to rid wards of 'cloaked Roman ghost'

www.dailymail.co.uk

Bosses at the new Royal Derby Hospital have summoned an exorcist after complaints by staff of a creepy cloaked figure stalking the wards and corridors.

Senior manager Debbie Butler sent an email to staff, informing them of a plan to bring in a priest to rid the hospital of paranormal activity.
She wrote: 'I'm not sure how many of you are aware that some members of staff have reported seeing a ghost.

'I'm taking it seriously as it is affecting some members of staff and the last thing I want is staff feeling uneasy at work.

'I don't want to scare anyone any more than necessary, but felt it was best I made you all aware of the situation and what we are doing about it.

'I've spoken to the Trust's chaplain and she is going to arrange for someone from the cathedral to exorcise the department.'
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk www.thesun.co.uk

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Several papers have carried this story today, so it appears to have some credibility.

From the reports it seems that quite a few staff have seen the "ghost" and the hospital is so concerned that they have arranged for an exorcist to visit in an attempt to rid the hospital of the ghost.

The hospital is apparently built on an old roman road, and some believe this may have something to do with the apparitions.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I hope they have taken pics or have CCTV footage.
Wonder if we'll see something on youtube soon, sure do hope so.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It would be nice to get some photos of that ghost before they give him the bums rush.

Slightly off topic ..............
I thought that a "ghost" was a deceased human. If so, would a priest work?
They are supposed to be able to drive out demons and unclean spirits, but people are given the knowledge of good and evil thus the freedom of choice to accept or deny God. This would mean that a human spirit would have the freedom to listen to or ignore the desires of a priest.

Of course this argument is contingent on the existence of God, ghosts and our interpretations of the Bible, but it is an interesting question.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

That was my understanding as well - but I am by no means an expert or even a gifted amateur in this subject.

Interestingly, I was looking through some old thread and found 2 threads from some time back which seem to tie into this rather nicely.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join