It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea tears up agreements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

North Korea tears up agreements

news.bbc.co.uk

Communist North Korea has said it is scrapping all military and political agreements signed with the South, accusing Seoul of hostile intent.

South Korea's government had pushed relations "to the brink of a war", the North's cross-border relations body said on state media.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Is this more posturing by NK? Or is this going to lead to military encounters? Recent history and my gut tell me it's posturing; but the reports here and there of Kim Jong Ill's deteriorating health do make me wonder if NK feels it needs to flex it's muscle to show it is still strong. Either way, it's troubling...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Agreed.
We’ve listened to *We’re going to attack with a show of power never seen in modern history leaving a devastation that will make generations weep* for years.

How are we to even have a clue if he’s posturing (again) with all the wolf threatening that's come before?

You’re right though, Kim Jong ill health does throw another log into the fire.

We can only hope it doesn’t blaze out of control.

peace

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Absolutely. Any violence between these two is unnecessary. Innocent people don't need to die just so their respective governments can say "look how tough we are".

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Let him die. Whovever takes over will be more sensible, at least we hope.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I don't know about that. He has at least one son who could take over. There is also the issue of the cult of personality built around him and his father.

But that's not what this thread is about.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This week they rip them up, next week they sticky tape them back together again.

They must look like crap by now they have ripped them up so many times.
I think this stems from not just being ruled by a communist, just also being ruled by a completely insane lunatic.
I really feel sorry for the NK people.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This is not news. It is habit. He got everything he wanted out of Clinton including nuclear technology on a promise of "We'll play nice" He got billions in aid and then used the nuke technology that they gave him to start a weapons program.
Madeline Allbright actually had the nerve to say "He lied to us."
Sheer stupidity.

Now that silly loon is just setting up to do the same with Obama.
Throw everything out the window, rattle a sabre and growl a bit. Then they expect that they will get more aid and concessions out of the new president.

Same old story.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well, I hope Obama won'tgive in then.

Not a 1 liner

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I hope that it is nothing but posturing.With the snowballing economic woes of the US there will be little support we could afford South Korea.Thats the problem with world economic problems...they create a vaccum where despots can expolit the situation.

top topics

join