It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favourite gig/festival/dance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ok people, what's your favourite musical moment?
Maybe Reading, Glastonbury, U2 in New york, hell, Atomic Kitten live in manchester arena....

Mine has to be seeing Robbie Williams at Knebworth last year, seeing thousands of people all singing along to Angels, truely amazing.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Concerts?
The Damned at Coney Island High (NYC)
VNV Nation at Limelight (NYC)
The Cure back in 92' somewhere in NYC (can't remember the venue)

But I am more into dancing then standing around listening to music, so...
Queens (Paris, France)
Unknown club in Germany (I don't even know how I made it home that night)
Shampoo in Philly, PA.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Reading Fez 1994? The official end of the stone roses
And I have been to to many New Music Seminars in NYC

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The Crobar in Chicago, and all the raves.

Concert: Rammstein/Godhead/Crossbreed, 2001 in Merriville, IN.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well considering the only Metal band i have seen ever is Deep Purple i would have to say its that!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
having an all-access pass to see tool at the state theatre here in detroit, michigan

the countless times i've seen the white stripes, and the times i've jammed with them at jack's house.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My fav concert so far TORI AMOS (London)
ALL you "Free" paople go to "Przystanek WOOdstock", it takes place in Poland each year at the end of July. Great fun for FRREEE.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My favourite gig ever probably has to be The Mars Volta at the Electric Ballroom, camden town in London. It's such a tiny club, was so amazing. I love Reading festival also, last year was hectic. Red Hot chilli peppers at V festival was also amazing.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The Jam, 1979 at Trentham Gardens, Stoke-On-Trent.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
It has to be the Pogues !!! - amazing ... and lots of drink !!!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Thanks Jesus & Mary Chain for the permanent tinnitus induced during the encore at the Power Station on 29 April 1995.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Thanks Jesus & Mary Chain for the permanent tinnitus induced during the encore at the Power Station on 29 April 1995.

They did an encore??
I saw them in '94 (I think) at Rock City in Notingham, they played for 35 minutes, backs to the audience, NO encore, but it was still a great show...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The show was about 80 minutes, the encore that did the damage was the second one where the Reids had left the stage already and turned their amps up to homicidal proportions. People around me were physically bent over and racked with pain.

It was their only antipodean tour, so why not indeed.

Mark E Smith is the only person entitled to play with his back to the audience in my book!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Doh I said '94 it was actualy 1984 when I saw The Jesus & mary Chain...LOL
Time does fly eh?
I love the Fall but never got to see them live...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I love the Fall but never got to see them live...

Ah, now there is my style of old school. I completely forgot about them over the years.
Think that I will have to go home and dig through my old tapes again. I dug into the pile the other day and have been listening to my Red Lorry Yellow Lorry/Pink Turns Blue/The Only Ones mix tape this morning. O' the memories!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ah! The Only Ones, another great forgotten band...
"Another Girl Another Planet" Great song!!

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
'Concert for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame' - 1995, Cleveland Ohio.

I had hoped it would have been an annual thing here, but it was more/less to get the Rock Hall going I guess. Longest I have ever been to, started about 6:30pm ended somewhere near 3am. So many huge performers in one place: Dylan, Springsteen, Johnny Cash, James Brown, The Pretenders, Melissa Etheridge, George Clinton, Jackson Browne, The Allman Brothers, Jerry Lee Lewis, Sheryl Crown, Aretha Franklin, Slash, Chuck Berry and many more I can't think of right now.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I am gonna see Joe Satriani this Thursday i will tell if he was cool its the first time i am gonna see him.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Every Vandals show is pretty awesome. You haven't lived until you've seen Warren run around in his pink tighty whiteys.

new topics

top topics

join