It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Hospital Ghost to be Exorcised!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Found this, this morning.

Interesting that it is being taken seriously as a staff welfare issue!

Priest to exorcise hospital 'ghost'

2 hours ago

A real-life ghostbuster has been called to a "haunted" hospital following reports by staff of a cloaked figure roaming the wards and corridors, it has been reported.

The spooky sightings at the new Royal Derby Hospital have prompted NHS bosses to summon an exorcist, The Sun claimed.

Senior manager Debbie Butler sent an email to staff, informing them of a plan to bring in a priest to rid the hospital of paranormal activity.

She wrote: "I'm not sure how many of you are aware that some members of staff have reported seeing a ghost. I'm taking it seriously as it is affecting some members of staff and the last thing I want is staff feeling uneasy at work.

"I don't want to scare anyone any more than necessary, but felt it was best I made you all aware of the situation and what we are doing about it. I've spoken to the Trust's chaplain and she is going to arrange for someone from the cathedral to exorcise the department."

The £334 million hospital is located on the site of the old Derby City General Hospital, which was built in the 1920s over part of a Roman road.

Ms Butler added: "I understand that some of you will probably be worried or scared about this. If any of you wish to discuss this, feel free to contact me at any time."

Anglican priests usually need to seek permission from a bishop before performing an exorcism.

A spokesman for the Bishop of Derby told the newspaper: "Any case such as this is put to the Bishop. He would seek proper advice before taking action."

A spokeswoman for Derby Hospitals NHS Trust said: "We take information from staff seriously and are working with the hospital chaplaincy to put people's minds at ease."

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Yet another example of the spirit world's existance.

Would be interesting if someone local could get in contact with Ms Butler to confirm this report.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
What a load of rubbish; wasting NHS money on superstitious nonsense.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Interesting

Hit MSM now

Would-be ghost hunters should head to Derby in pursuit of the paranormal.
The city was recently named the most haunted place in Britain, with more reports of ghosts, poltergeists, werewolves and other supernatural phenomena than anywhere else in the UK.
And now the city is claiming yet another ghostly sighting.
Bosses at the new Royal Derby Hospital are reportedly calling in an exorcist after complaints by staff of a creepy cloaked figure stalking the wards and corridors.

The Supernatural Britain Report, conducted by Lionel Fanthorpe, an expert on the paranormal, examined ghostly goings-on in 40 cities across the UK and compiled a list of the ten most spooky places in the country.
Mr Fanthorpe found there had been 315 reports of ghosts, poltergeists, werewolves and vampires in Derby since records began - an average of 14 sightings per 10,000 members of its population.

In joint second were Chester and York, with a rate of 11 sightings per 10,000, followed by Exeter in fourth place, then St Albans, Edinburgh, Belfast, Oxford, Norwich and Gloucester.

MSN News

The most haunted town in Britain Derby then, must be disconcerting for those who are ILL and see a dark hooded ghost walking towards them!

Some further information on the Supernatural Britain survey Report:

Commissioned by Warner Bros, the study was researched by Lionel Fanthorpe.
Lionel Fanthorpe, BA (Hons), FCP, FRSA, FCMI, President of the Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena, conducted the survey through desk-based research into supernatural occurrences in the UK’s largest 40 cities

Here

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Also on the BBC

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by annefran

These sort of events are quite common, but most of them go unreported, and the majority of the population are sceptical about ‘ghosts’ and ‘haunting’, but let me tell you one true story.

In the early 1980’s a close friend of mine who is also psychic had a call from a lady estate agent (realtor) in West London, who was getting violent paranormal events in her office on the first floor of the building. There were loud knockings, cups were being smashed upon the floor; windows were left open and banged and closed. This happened at all times of day and night, whether the office was closed or open, and had been going on for months.

Les went to meet the lady one evening after the office was closed, and saw the mess of smashed crockery on the floor and heard the banging. He asked her questions which were given to him by his spirit guide, and the lady gave honest answers to his question.

It turned out that the previous year the lady’s father had died, and it had been his office. He had been a bit of a workaholic and that office was the centre of his universe. He did not believe in life after death, and so when he had passed over, instead of allowing himself to be directed to safety, he didn’t realise he was ‘dead’ and went to the only place he knew; his office.

When his daughter was in the office he called out to her, to attract her attention; all to no avail. So he banged, shouted, opened and closed the windows, doors and filing cabinet drawers, and smashed crockery as well. He was so desperate to attract her attention, that he put every last ounce of his energy into this. After all, was he not in his own office; so why wouldn’t his daughter answer him?

Les explained to the man and his daughter that she could not see him because Dad had passed over, but he passed on each other’s messages of love, and the man then understood his position and allowed himself to be taken to a place of safety in the afterlife. Since then, there have been no further instances if this disturbance. The original instances were reported in the local paper, but subsequent events were not reported.

To those ATS members who will inevitably not believe what I have written, I say that by keeping an open mind I have been privileged to witness, or be close to those who have witnessed, many strange events; some of which have been proved to my satisfaction, and some which have not. I have learned that many things which exist in creation are invisible to the naked eye.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

is there any evidence on security cctv ?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If it is a Roman ghost, the exorcism may not work. I would think the Roman was a Pagan, and would need a different way to show him the way into the other world.

Also, he has been around for a few thousand years and was there before the hospital. Why not let him stay?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

Also, he has been around for a few thousand years and was there before the hospital. Why not let him stay?

Couple of reasons, because he is not progressing as he should on his journey to god.

And I think it is very unsettling to be in hospital surrounded by death and thinking of your chances of making it, esp on the Cardiac Wards and seeing a ghost walk by with a hooded head!

Not good for his healing or the patients,

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

for a few reasons.... people fear what they do not understand, thus causing complications with work life etc.
someone could inadvertently piss it off and become haunted...
it could scare someone so bad they could become mental and possibly hurt the ones they love

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Good I say!

They need more exercise in the UK. Not just some medication and told to look on the bright side.

As long as it finds its way to the obese chavs after the ghosts then I'm all for it.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I just got out of the hospital and it was freaky enough being in there without some hooded entity frolicking around trying to make me gnaw my own wrists open. I wish them luck in this exorcism and I hope Mr. Hoody goes the way of the marshmallow man in 'Ghostbusters'.

I love October, by the way. Stories like this are run in the main stream media to get everyone excited for Halloween. The little kids can have their candy. This big kid wants the creepy stories.

edit on 4-10-2010 by girl_interrupted because: spelling.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

This is actually quite a credible case. There are many who have witnessed or thought they witnessed something. So much so that a priest is now involved in an exorcism. Some weird stuff has happened at that hospital or the docs have been prescribing something experimental not on the books.

edit on 043131p://f36Monday by L1U2C3I4F5E6R because: spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by L1U2C3I4F5E6R

I wish that priest good luck. And I hope he is a pure and clean priest.

Otherwise, it, won't work.

All that hospital has to do is ask Jesus and He would do it without fuss.

top topics

join