It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are one people and there is one language for them all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I have a thought, and yes it hurts me too.
It seems history repeats itself, revelations and prophecies appear to have multiple fulfilments. Well, I wonder about a happening that had no prophecy other than it was going against Gods order: that being to spread out, multiply and fill the earth.
Early Genesis chapter 11, the story of the tower of Babel.
At that time there was but one language, and they gathered together, and decided it would be a good idea to build a tower that they may reach into heaven.
My thought is this, as I read and exlplore the internet and find sites like this I am confronted with the thought that we now for the first time in 5 thousand years, have one language.

Poeple from all over the Earth are talking, and with the co-operation of peoples all accross this beutiful planet it appears as though nothing is outside of our grasp.
Uh, isn't that the explanation God uses in Genesis 11:6 as a reason to go down, destroy the tower and confuse mans language and spread him about? KJV Gen 11:6-8 "and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound thier language that they many not understand one anothers speach so the Lord scattered them abroad"

So, outside of your normal end time prophecies, does this not strike anyone as possibly the trigger of the time that no one knows? Sure we have always had earthquakes and reports of wars, famine, hardship, starvation.....but when in last 5 millenia have we had one language, and has it seemed as though nothing is outside our grasp.

If I were God, now seems like a good time to humble mankind, and remind him that without my guidance he cannot rule himslef.

Is this a new idea? Or am I just not yet informed that my thoughts are neither new or provoking...It has all been done before right, some think thinking is plagerism.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Is the title too long? or is this posted in the wrong forum?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You know what, damn this is a great point!

I never knew that this internet age could be a new tower of babel age.

But infact we are heaqded for a one world order under antichrist where everything will join under a false peace and a false leader.

so this is the beggining. The age of technology is the beggining and it was created for these purposes.

mandkind will be humbled out by it's own doing, that's later down the road.

good post.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Thank you

But it is only a simple thought. I am new to these forums and I'm trying to wrap my head around all the other stuff on this site...there are deffinately some interesting ideas, and very large ego's trying to be the loudest...so a compliment is well recieved!

Thanks

top topics

join