It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Mckinnon's (Possible) Sentence..out of proportion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
So take this case for example, a heinous act of treason where a trusted CIA employee hands over sensitive materials to the RUSSIANS, is caught & justly sentenced..how many years does he get? 23

www.cnn.com...

"convicted spy Harold Nicholson, a former CIA employee was sentenced to more than 23 years in prison in 1997 after pleading guilty to selling defense secrets to Russia. Then-CIA Director George Tenet said Nicholson blew the cover of CIA employees, including some in very sensitive positions. At the time of his 1996 arrest, authorities said, he had possession of 74 classified documents and a computer disk with classified information."

Now take Gary Mckinnon, a dope smoking rather clumsy 'Hacker' with no prior convictions (as far as I have heard) manages to pretty much walk thru Nasa security systems using a DIAL UP connection (!!!) not looking to pass anything to the Russians, Chinese or anyone else, but looking for something we ALL want to know about..are we alone? Do UFO's really exist & who knows about it?
According to his statements he finds what he's looking for..evidence on Nasa's and or Pentagon computers of a UFO in Orbit, and other misc data concerning 'non terrestrial officers'. Even then he FAILED to obtain the data, was caught & is under going proceedings to have him jailed. For how many years? 60
I find it rather odd yet obvious why they are doing this..they want to make SURE no other 'hackers' or curious people decide to go looking for the truth themselves. The overly severe sentence they wish to impose is a bold face affront & indication just where the 'Elites' still sit with regards to anything related to UFO's..its still highly highly above top secret and they do not want disclosure or any discussion on these things.
Yes he should pay a penalty for breaking the law..but 60 years?? No.

Mod Edit: He has not yet been sentenced...

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
60 is definitely harsh considered his mental state after who knows what kind of interrogation/ psy op his had over the last few years.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Right, it just seems to me such an overt deterrent & shows how seriously they take the UFO topic. Of course they have played down the motivation behind his intrusion, instead wheeling out the 'terrorism' word. He's no terrorist, he's not that smart. The fact that he virtually walked thru their security or lack of must be embarrassing, but not half as much as if he had actually managed to secure that picture or other incriminating files..HE CAME CLOSE..very close..you can almost feel the wrath of these elites in the way they have handled this case!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I agree, it's a harsh sentence. Like you alluded in the OP, this should give all those that think disclosure may be around the corner something to chew on.

IRM

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Yep, if there is disclosure it certainly won't be from our side. But when that happens it'll be the 'end game' anyway and won't matter, we (us plebeians) will be done for, of that Im sure. We're not destined to know or reap any benefits from it at all.
Look at the mess we're in, and look who's benefited from it..the people who have the knowledge have all the power and won't ever relinquish it. This whole topic is above money though, its about absolute power.

It'll go something like this..humanity will be on the brink of destruction, as if hanging by a hand on the edge of a cliff..we will look up to those we entrust ourselves for help..they will stare emotionless back down at us as they pry free our fingers & watch us fall into the abyss..only then will we all finally know the truth of the reality we thought we were living.

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I agree, it's a harsh sentence. Like you alluded in the OP, this should give all those that think disclosure may be around the corner something to chew on.

IRM

[edit on 30-1-2009 by atsbeliever]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well, now, very interesting.

Also very revealing. That means they are afraid and do have something to hide.

In other words, Gary Mckinnon's credibility just went through the roof. :UP:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Times

Mr McKinnon, 42, an unemployed systems analyst, has said that he was looking for computer files containing details about UFOs and aliens. The US Government says that he stole passwords, deleted files and left threatening messages.

I think the sentence is fair he is simply a terrorist.

He broke into military computers deleted information left threatening messages. Then he makes up a bunch of lies to try and wriggle out of it when he is caught.

I hope they throw the book at him he doesn't deserve to ever see daylight again.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Shamanator]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamanator

You're completely insane, WHERE does it say he left threatening messages? If he left threatening messages then YES he would be considered a terrorist, and he would of been ALREADY extradited.

Are you not realizing that what he did was out of human interest? Gary is NOT the one at fault, the MILITARY AND GOVERNMENT are the ones at fault.

I honestly despise people like you, that think you know every damn little thing to know. Guess what, the government is a CROCK! You think everything you see in front of you is real, heh, it's real, as real as you make it. This physical crap you see in front of you is just a bloody illusion. Money. Power. Greed.

Get over it, the government is the one at fault.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
For sure that seems way out of proportion, but Mckinnon hasn't been tried yet. I think you should of said
Gary Mckinnon's Possible Sentence..out of proportion.

For all we know, this dope smoking hacker may in fact be an enemy agent and the UFO / free energy stuff is just his cover story. Though I doubt it. Till this case goes to trial, we will never really know...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
If he really has aspergers he will probably get a light sentence at this stage of the game though he isn't going to get away with it.

Really it was a very stupid thing to do and I personally don't believe the UFO part of it.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Teknikal]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Chill man.

Shamanator works for someone.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Talk of a 60 year sentence is shocking but premature. McKinnon is nowhere near that stage. He hasn't been sentenced nor even tried yet. So far, the Americans haven't managed to even extradite him. Only a few days ago, McKinnon won his appeal for a judicial review of the case for extradition. His lawyers claim that sending him to the US for trial will affect his mental state, possibly to the point of suicide. The decision on that expected soon.

BBC News

WG3

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Its a had one to take in really. As much as I want to believe he seen something, I just find it hard. I mean if you seen something like that you'd try and get at least a little evidence for it, would you not?

And i'm not sure how it all works, but from what i've gathered is he was viewing the image on his screen without the image actually being sent to his computer. So i'm guessing his 'Prt Scrn' button doesnt work then?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I really don't see why he would lie, I mean its huge bragging rights in itself to have gotten into Pentagon computers ! And I don't know why he didn't take a screen shot, maybe after many long hours he just was too tired, too excited, high or just wasn't thinking straight but its a damn shame..I know..

I just read that 'Exxon Mobile' broke its own record profits with $45.2 BILLION dollars, they certainly don't want anyone leaking out info about Alien UFOs and all its implications (free energy) and those who are connected to industrys like those are very rich, and very powerful.
news.yahoo.com...

Originally posted by Lee_K
Its a had one to take in really. As much as I want to believe he seen something, I just find it hard. I mean if you seen something like that you'd try and get at least a little evidence for it, would you not?

And i'm not sure how it all works, but from what i've gathered is he was viewing the image on his screen without the image actually being sent to his computer. So i'm guessing his 'Prt Scrn' button doesnt work then?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Even if he's sentenced, he won't serve it.
He'll be taken out of prison and put to work in some black ops computer room. (If they're smart)...
Of course, on record, he'll just be transferred to another detention facility, but likely one that other past hackers were "transferred to"

at least, that's what I would do in their shoes....have him show you the holes, and find them in enemy/competitor networks...instead of wasting away in a cell.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator
Times

Mr McKinnon, 42, an unemployed systems analyst, has said that he was looking for computer files containing details about UFOs and aliens. The US Government says that he stole passwords, deleted files and left threatening messages.

I think the sentence is fair he is simply a terrorist.

He broke into military computers deleted information left threatening messages. Then he makes up a bunch of lies to try and wriggle out of it when he is caught.

I hope they throw the book at him he doesn't deserve to ever see daylight again.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Shamanator]

You must work for the US govt. CIA? FBI? Area 51 do whatever they tell you to gimps..

Are you f***ing serious? So what if he really did do those things??? He didnt kill anyone. He didnt pass any info to our enemies.... You call him a terrorist? GTFO... What if he were you father or son, I doubt you'd look at him that way. And knowing our lovely government, I'm sure they made up a falsified story just so that they dont have to aknowledge what he was really looking at when he was on thier network.

Yes, I aree that he did something illegal and should be punished to maybe a few years in jail but you dont give someone a death sentence for stealing a few pieces of candy from a corner store... Even if it was a top secret piece of candy that Willy Wonka only wanted the oompa loompas to have.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Chill man.

Shamanator works for someone.

Is that suppopsed to be a threat or warning of some kind?

Is he a govt spy sent here to make sure we dont gather too much info on these topics or he'll bring the cavalry to our doorsteps and we'll never be seen again because we posted a remark to his comments on ATS???

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I heard on coast to coast that the connection with aspergers syndrome could make him prone to suicide,i am only repeating what was said,i can't claim any knowledge of this disease.

His suicide would solve a lot of problems for the ptb,not that they would ever sink so low as to assist this event in some way.
Oh no that would never happen in the land of the free..

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ls1cameric

You don't read profiles or study avatars much, do you? He claims to be an instrumentality, apparently for what he perceives as a godlike order. The whole mystical approach of the fire inside the swastika like avatar is very telling, along with a name that is like a crossbreed of the terminator and a shaman.

I don't know precisely who he works for, but it ain't us, I can tell you that.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

It's a picture of a torch inside a crooked box, thats all I see anyway.. I doubt if he were part of a secret entity, he'd post it all over his avatar on ATS...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join