It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Detention Facility in swamps of Northern Virginia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

The Octagon building behind seems to be a little bit more secret but a note on Google earth says

The US Naval Research Laboratory's smaller-scale FRD-10 CDAA prototype was constructed here

That would be a Wullenweber and that most definitely is not a Wullenweber. The Navy doesn't even use those any more.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I may be in trouble for this but i dont care anymore... its a facility which trains a small secret special forces group called the army of northern virginia. enjoy,,,

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

its called the army of northern virginia!!! they seldom use fire arms mostly small arms and blades. best of the best of the best.... better then delta!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcknowstuff
I may be in trouble for this but i dont care anymore... its a facility which trains a small secret special forces group called the army of northern virginia. enjoy,,,

You may very well be correct. I'll do some digging and try to confirm.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Jouett

Originally posted by dcknowstuff

You may very well be correct. I'll do some digging and try to confirm.

Have you been able to verify anything as of yet? Has anyone found out anything concrete about this place? I must admit, I'm very curious

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Detention center? Nope.

It's the GPS Information Center (GPSIC) that is operated by the US Coast Guard in Alexandria, Virginia. It sits on a parcel of land owned by the USCG and populated by the USCG (houses, playground, basketball court, picnic tables) near the Huntley Meadows Park. The open air squares have double-doors with windows in them and furniture, and the larger rectangle has patio furniture in it.

It's a GPS network monitoring center, hence why they have a large perimeter, why they are on USCG land, and why they have a defensive fence around them.

If you really think it is a government detention center, and not the GPSIC, then call them yourself at +1 703-313-5900.

Maps:
Huntley Meadows Map
Google Earth - USCG Alexandria, VA

Source:
Where to call to check on GPS network status
Los Angeles Air Force Base (lists same number for Alexandria, VA USCG facility)
1991 Report on GPSIC located in Alexandria, VA
1992 Report on GPSIC located in Alexandria, VA by the DoD
Colorado University document lists USCG Omega Navigation System Center as residing in Alexandria, VA

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by moreanfaster

I find this facility fascinating. Also, Project 86 is the name of a Christian rock band that's been together for about 15 years. I think I saw them once when a friend of mine with a local band opened for them. I hadn't thought of them in years, but now I'm wondering where their name came from. *strokes beard*

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I spent plenty of time on that base. It's a Marshall's Service facility. I never asked what type, but I always assumed Witness Protection. HVT detention makes just as much sense. The road goes down quite a ways, but there is a scary sign near the end past the club, stopping unauthorized traffic. We used to run PT from the HQS building down the road as far as the sign. That was our turn-around point. I've also traipsed around the woods back there plenty but never once saw any security, vehicles or any other activity. Incidentally, the base is sometimes used by community youth groups for Soccer or other sports matches. I used to bring my kids there to shoot model rockets. Nobody goes down past the sign though. I really liked that base. Plenty of fond memories. The Vietnamese lady who cooked at the chow hall was a hoot. She used to call me "Commander". Apparently every officer was "Commander" to her. I can still taste the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches and the PIE! The Coast Guard Honor Guard is headquartered there as well as the TISCOM. There was even a Navy Sea Cadet unit there for many years with high school students running all over the base like they owned it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
OK, so it's an innocuous Coast Guard base addition. Can we move on now before some loon starts posting random pics of various, multi-level, underground facilities and nick-names the area "The Virginia Hell Hole of Torture"?
edit on 11-10-2011 by RKWWWW because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Jouett
Hello all,

Just wanted some input on this facility I found using Maps Live. It's on the edge of Huntley Meadows Park in Alexandria, Virginia. It looks like the facility is accessed via the DHS / Coast Guard Telecommunications Command on Telegraph Road. Maps Live has mislabeled the Coast Guard facility as being part of Fort Belvoir.

It's a building surrounded by double barbed wire fence in the shape of an octagon, the thing sticks out like a sore thumb on satellite, which is how I found it. At each angle of the octagon there are camera/sensor posts and the building also has cameras at each corner. There are two visible antenna in the Maps Live birdseye.

I'm reasoning that it's a detention facilty because of the two square partitioned "open air" sections of the building. If you look closely at the birdseye, there are cameras located in the corners of these partitions in the center of the "open air" squares.

The facility is very near Fort Belvoir which is home to U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command. Could be a detention facility for high valued targets.

Birdseyes here:

From the south

Close up from the west

Regular Satellite:

Satellite

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Jack Jouett]

Why did you use the word "secret" in your title? Does the word "secret" to you mean anything you see on a satellite photo that you don't immediately recognize? And what's up with calling the suburbs of Franconia, VA a "swamp"?
edit on 11-10-2011 by RKWWWW because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Crazy I come across this now, as I was just in Alexandria last weekend.

And yea, I always find it strange when I see something that doesn't claim to be a prison and has the barbed wire fence facing inward. Seems like if you wanted to keep people out, it would be a lot more effective facing the other way.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnySasaki
Crazy I come across this now, as I was just in Alexandria last weekend.

And yea, I always find it strange when I see something that doesn't claim to be a prison and has the barbed wire fence facing inward. Seems like if you wanted to keep people out, it would be a lot more effective facing the other way.

Oh for the love of Gawd! There is no way from viewing any of the pics (in this thread anyway) that you can tell which way the barbed wire fence is facing.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
These are everywhere. Mainly in USA and Aust.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here ya go conspiracy doofuss's (or is that doofi), info on the "secret" ribbon cutting ceremony for the "Virginia Black Hole Of Torture"

Coast Guard Modernization Update -- C4IT Service Center Ribbon Cutting
Guest Post by VADM Cliff Pearson, Chief of Staff.

Shipmates,

Today, I was joined by ADM Allen and Congressman Jim Moran at the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new Coast Guard Command, Control Communications, Computers and Information Technology Service Center (C4IT SC) held at the Coast Guard Telecommunication and Information Systems Center (TISCOM) in Alexandria, VA. Today's event represents the third in a series of five new mission support entities to stand-up this spring that will provide centralized, bi-level support to power Coast Guard mission execution. This marks another significant step towards the functional realignment of the mission support organization.

We were joined by Mr. Mark Powell, who I assigned as the first Director of the C4IT SC. I have every confidence in his ability to lead the organization through its transition to full establishment by June 1st, 2009, and integrate our Service's enterprise applications, decision, communications, navigations systems, and IT Infrastructure into the Coast Guard Business model for Logistics transformation.

Upon full establishment, more than 3,000 people in the C4IT SC will execute an annual budget of over $300M to provide C4IT services in support of Coast Guard missions. Managing a diverse portfolio of services and systems ranging from enterprise computers and applications, maritime and intelligence sensors, and integrated knowledge and information systems, the C4IT SC has the lead to ensure interoperability with other DHS agencies, the Department of Defense, and numerous State and Local agencies and Port Partners. They will provide "one stop shopping" for all Coast Guard technology requirements.

The C4IT SC, Surface Forces Logistics Center, Asset Project Office, Aviation Logistics Center, with the two remaining planned logistics and service centers (Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center and Personnel Service Center) will unify logistics support enterprise-wide, forming the backbone of our improved mission support organization for sustainable mission execution excellence. In the future these logistics and services centers will embody the following four guiding principles of the proven Coast Guard business model: Bi-level maintenance, Configuration Management, Single point of accountability through Product Line Managers, and Total Asset Visibility. By modernizing our business processes and organizational design, we will help to ensure the Coast Guard meets our call to be "Always Ready."

blog.uscg.dhs.gov...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Official press release for the "Secret" detention facility

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Office of Public Affairs
U.S. Coast Guard

Media Advisory
Date: Feb. 06, 2009

Coast Guard holds ribbon cutting ceremony for C4IT Service Center

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Coast Guard is scheduled to hold a ribbon cutting ceremony Monday, 2:30 p.m., at the Coast Guard Telecommunication and Information Systems Command, 7323 Telegraph Road, Alexandria, Va., to mark the establishment of the Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Technology Service Center.

The event celebrates the attainment of a major milestone in the Coast Guard's modernization and logistics transformation initiatives. Scheduled attendees include U.S. Rep. Jim Moran, Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Thad Allen and Coast Guard Chief of Staff Vice Adm. Clifford Pearson.

The Coast Guard's Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Technology Service Center will comprise more than 3,000 people executing an annual budget more than $300 million to provide depot level maintenance, engineering, supply and logistics services on C4IT systems in support of Coast Guard missions.

"The service center manages a diverse portfolio of services and systems ranging from enterprise computers and applications to maritime and intelligence sensors," said Capt. Bobby Lam, deputy commander of the C4IT Service Center. "It has the lead to ensure interoperability with other Department of Homeland Security agencies, the Department of Defense, as well as numerous port partners and state and local agencies".

The ribbon cutting marks the stand up of the third in a series of five Coast Guard logistics and service centers to be established in support of the Commandant's modernization efforts. The Aviation Logistics Center and the Surface Forces Logistics Center preceded the C4IT Service Center. The Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center and the Personnel Service Center are slated to stand up in early 2009.

Editors Note: Media interested in covering Monday's event are asked to contact Cmdr. Robert Bevins at (703) 313-5430 and should plan be in place not later than 2:15 p.m.

www.uscgnews.com...

I would advise you to NOT contact Cmdr. Robert Bevins at (703) 313-5430. People who call that number have a way of disappearing without a trace.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Below is a link to a realty agent who specialty is finding homes for the monsters that work at the "secret" detention facility. Apparently some people will do anything for a buck.

activerain.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

When I look at the place with Google Maps.
It says it is US Coast Guard.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

If you look at the one facing from the slight side angle, it's obviously facing inward, just like Denver International Airport. Now don't misunderstand me here, I'm not saying they're super top secret prisons because of this, I would just like to know why facing the barbed wire fence inward would be more beneficial in keeping people out over the other way.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Jack Jouett

Beyond the 'secret detention center', we find 'Huntley Meadows Park'.

There are two 'tunnels' in that so-called "Park".

And look at the 'florescent green' patches...why are they so GREEN?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join