It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can i believe in it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Alright i post this thread because i want to know what i can do or see to believe in the metaphysical realm.

Im the type of person who is always on the edge of whether or not something is real/fake, good/bad, possible/impossible, etc.

I have looked into this before and have had some success i guess you can say. I think i managed to make a psi ball, i got that weird feeling in between my hands which is a combination of a sort of water balloon, and magnetic repel. I of course only relied on the description of the internet to measure success and not an actual person. which is why i am a little skeptical that i did it.

After reading a post last night about energy i lay in bed and tried it, i tried to release the energy from my body and have it hover above me. When i attempted to do this i felt a cool sensation overcome as visioned it leaving me. I of course have no idea if what i did was real or was in true form following what was supposed to happen.

Like i have said im interested into this type of stuff, as i am with everything else someone throws at me, you name i want to know the truth, Demons, Angels, Gods, Levitation, Aliens, Energy, NWO, Ancient Rituals, Magik, etc.

So yeah, that pretty much sums up everything

Mondax

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Mondax]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mondax

If you want to know if the metaphysical world exists... sometimes all you have to do is not look for it so hard. I personally feel it on a regular basis, prayer, meditation, or being sensitive helps, not emotionally but spiritually. Maybe people can't be trained to be sensitive enough but I believe they can, just be good and your karma will raise your spirit vibration enough to be able to easily tell when a negative being is in the area, that's one way, but if you aren't 'good', you'll be in such a low state that the negative beings will feel like no more than an everyday breeze.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Meditation is a good place to start with a focus on bringing your brainwaves into low theta or upper delta combined with hemispherical balancing, learning lucid dreaming is good too out of body experiences are the bomb. If you have somebody you can trust guided hypnosis can be a fast means to the end but always protect yourself before Astral travel. See you on the other side.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
One approach that may be useful for you is to stop thinking in rigid ontological categories, such as "either a thing exists or it doesn't." This kind of black-and-white, dualistic, reductionist way of viewing things will shut you out of the "metaphysical realm" as you call it. You are approaching it as if it is a physical place when of course as the name you yourself use should tell you, it is metaphysical. Physical places and objects either exist or don't exist. Metaphysical realms are a bit more...slippery, ontologically speaking.

If all this seems a bit wishy-washy, try approaching it lthis way: think of the number system. (1,2,3...etc.). The number "3" or "4" does not exist in some seperate world cut off from our world as a tangible object that you can touch or smell or experience the way you can a table or a chair. But its foolish to say "numbers dosn't exist," because all around you you can see things that you can count...numbers are everwhere! They neither "exist," strictly speaking, apart from our universe, nor do they "not exist" (there is a definite phenomenon called "counting" that you can do any time, any place.). The realm of numbers is rather intervoven through our universe, not seperate but certainly a phenomenon.

This simple metaphor can help you to look beyond the rigid classification of "really there" and "really not there." You should practice seeing the metaphysical realm in a similar way. Put aside queestions of "is it real or not?" and try to experience it by some of the ways people in this thread are suggesting, or perhaps by other ways. This general attitude and approach will make it more accessible to you.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i guess more than anything, i need a proof or something that tells me that i am doing it right, or that what i see and feel is real. the bad thing is that there is no one that i know who practice it or have done it.

You know i want to believe it, I extremely do, i believe that we can do anything if we try.

Meditation seems like a good idea, is there any good readings or videos on the subject? I've tried it before but i don't know if i was truly successful

new topics

top topics

join