It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How could you end with Negative (-) ATS,BTS, or PTS Points?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
So I've been baffled by this since I joined ATS. I noticed that quite a few people have negative ATS point. How'd this happen?

Do you lose points as you "buy extras" for your account? Even if this is so, you can't spend points you don't have.

Someone please explain

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I got them when I bought the text line under my nick, it took the 500 points from both BTS and ATS, my combined was around 510 but BTS was only around 10-15.

[edit on 1/29/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
So I've been baffled by this since I joined ATS. I noticed that quite a few people have negative ATS point. How'd this happen?

Do you lose points as you "buy extras" for your account? Even if this is so, you can't spend points you don't have.

Someone please explain

Some members might post something against the T&C and have their post removed and if the violation is severe enough, the member has points taken from their total, and sometimes that might cause their points to drop into the negative.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm not 100% sure, someone correct me if I am wrong, but you can lose points for bad behaviour/posting ettiquette, or something that is against T&C rules.???

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Thats correct. The violation if severe enough can also result in a posting ban or account ban as well.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Alright the T&C explaination makes sense. But as eNumbra posted, you could lose them after you buy extras. Not sure how that work out though. Why would it take 300 of your BTS points away when you have 300 ATS points available?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

This is just a guess..becasue I never purchased anything in the ATS store that would use my points, but maybe it withdraws from the lowest point count first then from the higher one.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Dunno really, I'm guessing since i selected combined and expected it to act appropriately it just evenly subtracted from them both.

Ive gained more since then with posts, this was a month ago maybe.

[edit on 1/29/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Alright. That kind of cleared things up

Thanks for the replies.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If any of you nice folks are worried about your low "point count" all you need to do is this:

1. Stay away from x-rays.

2. 5000 points just for joining the ATS feed on twitter
NEW: AboveTopSecret.com is Tweeting on Twitter!

[edit on 29 Jan 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Uh, what about negative BTS points? Not that I really care, but I never go there, never post there yet I have a negative value?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfinguru
Uh, what about negative BTS points? Not that I really care, but I never go there, never post there yet I have a negative value?

Ye. Neither do I. Therefore if you lose points from buying something, you have no way of getting them back. Pretty silly system if that is the case

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
BTS is loads of fun, so I recommend paying it a visit

I don't know why the ATS store behaves so oddly with points, but it does. I think maybe when you select "ATS and BTS" it takes equal amounts from the two accounts, even if you don't have enough in one and have more than enough in the other. And that's the default setting too. Since most people have more ATS points than BTS points, there are a lot of people who end up in the negatives in their BTS accounts at one point or another.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I never post on BTS, but I use combined points when I buy things with my ATS points so it keeps going further into the negative.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I think it's a crap deal. I made 4 posts directed at someone who wanted to talk to real vampires on this message board. 4 posts were remobed, 1,500 points were taken away from me and I was temporarily banned.

It's a waste of time, anyway. It's not like anyone actually wants to care about my serious opinions, so when I go around spouting crap or something, that's when people take things personally, and actually respond. It's annoying.

top topics

join