It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: (possible)UFO??? related air incident-QF72, Passenger testimony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Breaking News: UFO related air incident-QF72, Passenger testimony

www.--.com

We waited 11hrs there at the base and well into the night before two more Qantas jets came to pick us up and take us to Perth. No one could take pictures or leave the building we were in under strict orders from government personnel controlling the base. 5 passengers refused to get on another plane. During the whole time army men driving white 4WD's dictated who could go where and when. Even when it was time to get on another plane and leave they wouldn’t let the plane take off and we had to wait seated in the new plane for about 40mins or so. When we got to Perth I found it weird that they Qantas gave us 400 dollars each in envelopes marked economy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-1-2009 by stewartw2]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
On the 7th of October 2008 the passengers on Qantas flight 72 from Singapore to Perth experienced something that may well haunt them for the rest of their lives. As the Airbus A330-303 was travelling over the isolated town of Exmouth in Western Australia the pilots received a faulty message and auto-pilot was automatically disengaged. The plane climbed 60m before pitching down and plunging 200m in a terrifying 20 seconds in an uncommanded manoeuvre. The pilots steadied the plane however a few minutes later the craft again plunged another 120m in 16 seconds.
Passengers were pinned to the ceiling and flung throughout the craft. There were 74 injuries, some relatively serious. The plane then made an emergency landing at the mysterious nearby Learmonth Airport.
Soon it was revealed that a similar event had taken place at almost the exact same spot three years prior. Malaysia Airlines Flight 124, operated by a Boeing 777-2H6ER flying from Perth to Kuala Lumpur on 1 August 2005 also received faulty indications and the plane pitched upwards and stalled. Autopilot was disengaged and proved unusable for the remainder of the flight.
Geoff Thomas of Australian Aviation referred to the similarities of these two events as an ‘extraordinary co-incidence’. But are they?
Operating in the area are two rather secretive military bases. One of these:The Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt has been already mentioned extensively in relation to the incidents. The Naval Communication Station was built in 1963 as a joint US-Australian initiative. The station's purpose is to provide VLF (very low frequency) radio transmissions to submarines and ships of the US Navy and Royal Australian Navy operating in the Indian Ocean. The station consists of 13 radio towers. With a transmission power of 1000 kilowatts it is the southern hemisphere's most powerful transmission station. The station was originally totally under US control but is now mainly under Australian control and curiously currently operated by Boeing Australia Ltd.
The Australian transport Safety Bureau, on investigating the incidents, has said that interference from the station might have caused the incident, although concluded that this is unlikely.
Less is known about the RAAF Base Learmonth near Exmouth. This is one of three bare bases in Australia and is only maintained by a small caretaker staff during peacetime. Access is restricted and it is difficult to ascertain what the place is currently being used for.
Of even more interest is the nearby Learmonth Solar Observatory and in particular the Learmonth Magnetic Observatory situated within the complex. Comprising a collection of white buildings, a suite of optical telescopes, parabolic dish antennae, it is also just outside Exmouth. The faculty exists purportedly for the prime purpose of monitoring the sun however other projects undertaken here according to Government websites include planetary defense, ionosphere (Basically the upper atmosphere) monitoring and meteor detection and tracking.

www.--.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
great post! This is the first time that I am hearing of such an incident. Something fishy is obviously going on in the area and hearing more testimony would be pretty interesting.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Your thread title appears very inaccurate! Not even so much as a question mark?

So let me get this straight, there is actually no evidence of UFO's having anything to do with this. No one sighted one, nothing.

Just your hunch? Very disappointing!

IRM

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have followed this story, and jumped on this thread because of the title.

Tres uncool, poster-dude.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
learmonth RAAF base isn't mysterious, commercial flights land there all the time!

Also the incident that happened previously occured just after takeoff from perth airport. Over a thousand kms from learmonth.

Allnewsweb are just trying to splice all these semi related stories into some big conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
So how is this UFO related? The article didn't offer any such reasoning. I am from Exmouth and would like to clarify that the naval base there is not secret as the writer states and the reason Air Force people would have been driving around is that the passenger terminal is adjacent to the military base. I guess this is standard procedure in such a case. There are very strict regulations when it comes to the RAAF base security.

As for UFO's being attracted to the towers, I have heard the speak of it many times but have only on one occasion seen something that MAY have been a UFO... But considering that it was New Years Eve, it could have been alcohol induced!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zetamafia911

That was the headline which appears in sensationalist site-perhaps i can change it??

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I think this has more to do with the bermuda triangle than aliens, but then those two are probably related somehow..? seems like they'd want to study an area that has a similar effect on technology....just musing....

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Quite possibly

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yea but no one knows what is really the cause of the incidents in the Bermuda triangle..some people attribute the events to be caused by ufo too. This is a good find OP. And can very well be ufo related. That or its the rise of the machines. I mean the plane took control of itself...thats crazy..

[edit on 30-1-2009 by ruj00]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This story has been discussed before, I'll try to find the original thread but for now here's the original article I bookmarked out of interest.

UFO related air incident-QF72, Passenger testimony

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
So let me get this straight, there is actually no evidence of UFO's having anything to do with this. No one sighted one, nothing.

More likely to have been powerful scientific instruments from the secret military bases.

Interesting how the source site is still plugging this one months after it first reported it?

I planned on digging around a bit more, that's why I bookmarked it and I'm sure there's a whole thread on it somewhere in here.....

here you go..

Mystery messages caused Quantas plunge

QANTAS emergency landing - forced change in altitude. WHY?

Claims naval base signal caused Qantas nosedive

Recent Airliner turbulance on the rise?

hmmmmm?

[edit on 30/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I am from Exmouth

No wonder you spend a fair bit of time on the internet!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Learmounth airbase is a civil and military combined airbase. I have landed there on several occasions and my work (Australian Weather Bureau) has a met office directly across the road. I think this story is misleading and the facts have been twisted, and the real cause of the incident has already been discovered by the ATSB

The investigation traced the failure to a faulty Air Data Inertial Reference Unit (ADIRU),

As for the Malaysia flight, yes it was very similar to the Qantas flight, it in fact had the same problem with the autopilot

Climbing through 38,000 feet a faulty accelerometer caused the aircraft's Air Data Inertial Reference Unit (ADIRU)

The accident began at 1240:28 WST. The plane was travelling at 37,000 feet (11,000 m) when pilots received an electronic message of an irregularity with the autopilot and inertial reference system

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Why does everything have to associated with UFO activity..sheesh

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If there is any kind of conspiracy I would think it would have to do with the military using some new high tech equipment to bring down an airplane to keep the terrorist hate machine rolling.

top topics

join