It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice 'angry' over racial charges against Bush after Katrina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Rice 'angry' over racial charges against Bush after Katrina

rawstory.com

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice told hosts of ABC's The View Thursday that she was angry with critics who charged that President Bush didn't help victims of Katrina because they were black.

"What really did make me angry was the implication that some people made that somehow President Bush allowed this to happen because these people were black," Rice said.

"I think at the time they probably thought things were going better than they were," Rice said. "People make mistakes under stressful situations. I believe we'll do better and the United States will do better the next time around, but I think Katrina was probably, for my mind, one of the greatest disasters for the administration and for the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
what a hoot! she says that she is angry that people are calling her "friend" bigoted.

and off course it was the "greatest disaster for the administration and for the country" because it was in America's own backyard. It isn't as easy to manipulate things when the victims look like regular joe blow rather than someone running around in a turban.

And the nerve of it all is that she believes they could have done a better job the second time around - i wonder if that is on the cards??? Knowing Bush & Co, I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
yep yep yep.. shame how fast they forgot their own roots once one enters the white house.

but then again, i wonder if good ol condi is taking offence because she was behind a lot of policies of the bush era. Didn't we hear something to the effect of her tutoring george bush on various issues - especially considering that she was a lecturer???

new topics

top topics

join