It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: 11 Russians Kidnapped in Baghdad Area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Along with nearly 30 other foreigners already taken hostage by insurgent groups in Iraq it looks like eleven more are now in captivity according to Al Jazeera and Reuters reports.

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20040412/wl_nm/iraq_hostages_russians_dc&cid =574&ncid=1480" target="_blank" class="postlink">Russians Taken Hostage
"DUBAI (Reuters) - Eleven Russians working for an energy company have been kidnapped in Baghdad after a shootout between the abductors and their Iraqi guards, Al Jazeera television reported, citing an unnamed Russian source."

"Qatar-based al-Jazeera said that an official at a Russian company told the station's Moscow correspondent that 11 of its Russian employees working in Baghdad were kidnapped."

Kidnapping nationals from countries such as China and Russia may not be in these insurgent groups best interest.

[Edited on 4-13-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
is it me or what the hell is going on here? russians?chinese? huh? what? i think something is going on here...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i agree. what's going on with all these people getting kidnapped? and where are they getting all these people in the first place?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Maybe they have it in their minds that these other countries will apply diplomatic pressure in order to gain their nationals release. I don't see that working - the Russians can be especially brutal in their means to procure the release of hostages.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
hope the russians send in the its special forces. they are well trained for this situations because it hapens all the time within its own backyard.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Once the Spets get in there, there's going to be hell to pay. And they will find them. I predict not a single terrorist left alive, two dead hostages, and a massive sweep fo Russian retaliation...belwo the radar, of course.

DE

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The very fact that the insurgents are not discriminatory about whose nationals they abduct indicates an unstructured unintelligent rebellion. It's doomed.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm really surprised that no one has caught on nor mentioned the coincedences of this:

You have 11 Russian's kidnapped.
Then you have 7 Chinese kidnapped.
Then there was 3 Japanese kidnapped.

3, 7, 11, numerology anyone?

seekerof

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
_______

I'm in agreement with razorbackhater and cmdrkeenkid ... something is very fishy here. It's not just diplomatic pressure the're trying to apply.

This is way too organized for al Sadrs' thugs to be pulling off alone.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
something is very fishy here == jsobecky

That is an understatement if I ever saw one. Rumors of cooperation
between Al Sadr and the Fallaluja Group; the ones that supposedly
had something to do with the demise of Al Sadr's relatives ?? Two
factions that would never be allies in a million years, sunni and shiete
to boot? Overnight agreements. Hostages being taken in both camps.
These are folks that cant hold an agreement from one holy day to the next.

Smells like a rat.

Seekerof, I am not sure what you are getting at with the "prime" numbers
thing??

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I'm really surprised that no one has caught on nor mentioned the coincedences of this:

You have 11 Russian's kidnapped.
Then you have 7 Chinese kidnapped.
Then there was 3 Japanese kidnapped.

3, 7, 11, numerology anyone?

seekerof

good catch, seeker of. This validates the influence of the "bad guys" as they are the only ones who take special care to use such patters in numbers.

all that's missing now is "13" canadian or german hostages, and the cycle will be complete.

also, the fact that these captured russians were working in an "ENERGY" company (read: oil), also tends to lean that this is the work of the same conspirators who work for the darker side of things. a little payback from khordokovsky's yukos business partners, maybe?

[Edited on 4/12/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Latest reuters info says the Russians taken were employees of an energy company,

"The Arabic television station said its correspondent in Moscow was told about the kidnapping by a Russian energy company, Interenergoservice, for which the Russians worked."

"A Russian engineer in Iraq told Al Jazeera the 11 worked at power plants."
Reuters/Yahoo

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

as quoted by nightwing
Seekerof, I am not sure what you are getting at with the "prime" numbers thing??

Sticking with the 'conspiracy' angle NW.
Maybe this will help...notice the significance and use of 3, 7, 11:
Compilation of various discoveries and observations regarding the many manifestations of the number 11 and their significance in the Terrorist attack on September 11, 2001. Symbol of brothers Ishmael and Isaac.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
IMHO theyre trying to create a situation between certain countries (i.e USA, Russia, China), IMHO there plan is to force these countries against each other Politicaly which could escolate into something bigger, now if they happen to capture some Nth Koreans (probably extreemly unlikely, in iraq anyway) there could be a major retaliation against the us.

But thats just my opinion, and i am in no way connected to these terrorists.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Seekerof, the link to the numerology site for the number 11 is pretty freaky, is there similar sites for 3, 7. I'm going to look but if you know of them that would be helpful

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Mystical # 11 's aside, I'd like to question the logisitics of kidnapping 11 people. Short of a smal lorry or big bread van, what exactly do you contain and transport 11 abducted ruskies in ? Did nobody see a convoy of 9 Iraqi taxis coming? Even with a big truck, you're gonna need at least 4-5 gunmen,drivers, and guards...so somebody was fairly organized...and were these 1 abductees all standing around together, in one spot? Jump in your car or mini-van and goget 11 people rounded up to go somewhere. How about tyhe language barrier? Did thge Iraqi abductors speak Russian, Chinese and Japanese, or do all the abductees speak fluent village guerilla? I bet it's hilarious to watch each group tell the others what's going on.
These are very organized, possibly multi-lingual abductors, with nice trucks and plenty of lodging (where do you hide 11 ruskies? at an Irish Bar? In a Cave out in the desert? In a Truck?
Something very fishy- perhaps the reports are false, the kidnappings just more lies..

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I've been thinking... Maybe they could be doing something to each of them? They seem to capture them and release them pretty fast with no harm. First thing that comes to mind: strap bombs to them and free them, monitoring what they say so they won't tell anyone (if the capturers (lack of terms) are even capable of this, which I doubt), but the victims could also write on paper. The whole bomb-strapping has it's pros and cons. I imagine the country idea is more of an acceptable act they're carrying out.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The "rat" is that it is likely Hezbollah, and their Iranian sponsors, who are running much of the insurgency.

In Fallujah, the US forces encountered, probably for the first time, competent and sophisticated militarily trained attacks and resistance.

Hezbollah is well trained and experienced having fought against Israel, very well equipped, has lots of cash thanks to Iran. They speak Arabic, unlike the Iranians (e.g. Revolutionary guards) who speak Farsi.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Actually the goal is to prevent any international development from coming in---hence kidnapping all foreigners scares everybody.

The goal is to keep Iraq's people miserable and impoverished, and resentful, blaming it all on the West, and thus support a radical Islamic government instead of a modern democratic secular government.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I also think that the planning to kidnap 11 Russians had to be very well thought out. I can't even begin to imagine how well planned the manuever had to be.

That being said, I would be scared to piss off ONE Russian, let alone 11. It couldn't have been easy to take 11 Russians hostage without any problems.

And I do wonder how they're all able to communicate.

new topics

top topics

join