It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inflation featuring Glen Beck and wheelbarrows of cash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Thought i would post this video. It's more or less talking about what inflation can do and what the consequences can be of running the printing presses 24/7.

The first video is good. He even mocks "An Inconvenient Truth" Start at 1:00.

Other guests talking about how ridiculous it's becoming and wheelbarrows of cash.

This is the same chart in the video although they explain it a bit. Interesting stuff.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 29-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I am amazed that was on Fox....

Excellent find David, honestly, it is an easy to explain chart and information in layman's terms.

That consequences have not yet been seen ..

It's also important to note that the difference between "money printed" and "money in circulation" due to a massive credit expansion. Essentially, there is more money on computer screens then there is actual cash --- hence the size of the "bailouts".

Inflation is the goal of the Administration .. contained and well regulated inflation. This much money into the economy, especially once banks exhaust and ask for more (which they are, will and have) will cause HYPERinflation.

You can print billions of dollars and see inflation on some level, but to see HYPERinflation the money must directly be put into the hands of the consumer. It will only be a matter of time before that begins to occur.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
David, whats good?
I have seen some videos on this before, but not in such a easy way to look at, and I am truly disgusted with what I see.

Seeing this stuff on FOX(which is truly suprising), makes me so disappointed in our leaders that I really want to do something about it, but I dont know what I can do.
I cant march down with my peeps to congress holding signs to protest this because its already done.

They know the people of this country didnt want to pass it, yet they did it anyways. Change huh? Change we can believe in is right, I believe it!
Everyone was always saying the reason they voted for Obama is because he will handle the economy better....hmm..

People are going to start going crazy seeing stuff like this, and something major is going to come from it, and we are not the only country who is having these problems. So multiply that by all those countries around the world and what do you have?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

New Bank Bailout Could Cost $2 Trillion

WASHINGTON -- Government officials seeking to revamp the U.S. financial bailout have discussed spending another $1 trillion to $2 trillion to help restore banks to health, according to people familiar with the matter. President Barack Obama's new administration is wrestling with how to stem the continuing loss of confidence in the financial system, as it divides up the remaining $350 billion from the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program launched last fall. The potential size of rescue efforts being discussed suggests the administration may need to ask Congress for more funds. Some of the remaining $350 billion of TARP funds has already been earmarked for other efforts, including aid to auto makers and to homeowners facing foreclosure.

online.wsj.com...

More of this is coming. More printing.

How will it look when they are finished?

We've got to stop them from doing this.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Glenn makes it very simple. Incredibly scary. Mexico is on the verge of collapsing. It looks ripe to bring in the Amero and the NAU to save us all from the collapsed dollar.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The problem is this. We won't have wheel barrows of cash to buy bread with. We won't have cash to burn for heat. Why? Because all of the 'printed' cash isn't printed at all. It's simply typed into a computer and created electronically. So we won't even have the benefit of putting our cash in a wheel barrow to head on down to the country store.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Glenn makes it very simple. Incredibly scary. Mexico is on the verge of collapsing. It looks ripe to bring in the Amero and the NAU to save us all from the collapsed dollar

He has had some good programming lately. He talked about Mexico this week as well.

I don't know how well he does in the ratings...but the public has to receive this information somehow.

Everything seems to be downplayed. They talk about a 10 trillion deficit when it's actually higher than that because of bankrupt medicare and social security.

I don't agree with all of what Glen Beck says, but i think he's doing the public a service by pushing this information.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
He's raked third on radio, and his TV ranking is posted on Drudge....

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Quite a wake-up call.

Although I would be careful to use the phrase "printing money." Our money now is digital... it's just information stored on computers.

Makes you wonder how a bank can charge you interest to rent their money, no? Rent on nothing...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by username371

Although I would be careful to use the phrase "printing money." Our money now is digital... it's just information stored on computers.

You're right, i shouldn't have used that term. The money is in the system, just not printed.

It is a quite a wake up call. The information has been out there though.
It's just finally starting to surface. I hope that things like this continue to come out.

Most people just aren't aware yet...I think it can happen. Eventually people will realize what is happening, hopefully it doesn't take a complete meltdown for that to happen.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I am amazed that was on Fox.... Excellent find David, honestly, it is an easy to explain chart and information in layman's terms

Glen Beck is doing this stuff everyday. The collapse of Mexico, Iceland, riots in France, our mega Ponzi scheme called "Social Security."

He's talking about the rest of the world dumping our reserves.

His show is different. At the beginning of each show he points out the headlines in the news....then tells you what MSM should really be telling you.

He rips into Dems and Republicans.

He airs at 5 est on Foxnews. Check him out if you can. No other show like it in the news.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm going to add some more videos so many of you may see what you are missing.

Ron Paul. Someone actually not criticizing RP? Blasphemy!

Beck Shows Shocking Photos & Discusses Mexican Border Violence

America's Number Two Threat Is -------- Mexico! Number One Is Iran. Says the CIA

Great stuff IMO.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The last time we had an expansion in money and goverment spending of this magnitude was during the New Deal in the Mid to late 30's. It wasn't until the mid 40's where inflation started to be a problem. For 15 years or so we saw continually falling prices. Prices didn't start to rise until interest ratesstarted to rise.

The real cause of inflation in the USA has always been rising interest rates. Higher interest rates make the production of all goods more expensive. The fact is that the goverment spending more money has never led to inflation at all. It has always been the bankers trying to stop infaltion by raising rates (wink, wink) which has led to the actual inflation.

It is surprising that for how much people hate the bankers and the Federal reserve on this website, that they never bothered to fact check the premise given for battling infaltion/deflation. It is an inverse realtionship then we are led to believe.

I have togo but I will be back to add links to the facts.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
great vids man, I will have to try and catch glenn beck sometime.

If only dollars were edible then maybe it wouldn't be so bad that they keep printing money, out of thin ait

The stuff with Mexico is scary to though..... I remember thier being this guy on the news several years ago talking about his book called cobra or something like that.

In the book he said that what can happen is mexican gangs take control of a socal national guard armory depot and then you will see SoCal become an occupied territory.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Great videos.

Glenn Beck always has great stuff and it is funny how there are many people who consider him as a conservative "blowhard" like Hannity.

There are many uncomfortable realities that Beck puts on his program that other media figures seem to ignore. I remember when he had the pitchforks out on his CNN show back when the meltdowns started.

As for Obama, he better hope that his stimulus (inflation) package will work or he better hope that the media goes extreme in backing him up if it doesn't. He got that straight party-line vote and if his plans fail, the republicans will pick him and the democrats apart in the next election cycle.

new topics

top topics

join