It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "You Lost, Get Over It" Line...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

i don't think there's any hope for you.

Im sorry but if your version of "hope" means bickering about every politician besides Ron Paul all day, acting all negative instead of debating the relevant issues and policies that contribute to this nation, real solutions, then I feel sorry for you. Sure my candidate won, but even if McCain or Ronny had won the elections I wouldnt be wasting time bickering all day with a tin foil hat on... Id be debating the relevant issues, or atleast being critical of their policies.

What good are you doing yourself if your going to spend all day labelling folks with different values and beliefs as "sheeple" or "messiah followers"? Why not debate the solutions to americas issues?

People use the get over it line for the simple pleasure of cutting someone down.

Well lets take the OP for an example. His obvious intent here is to label every individual who supported Obama in the elections as "sheeple" or "messiah followers" or "brainless". His pure intent is to insult those who dont share his views, just like others have done about either Obama supporters or Obama himself. Now this attitude coming from you fellas is obviously the result of election bitterness, so by all means you will be called out for it.

You think folks are getting tired of the tin-foil hat guys?

no no no... please post another thread about how Obama and all politicians are big bad men and tell us how great and perfect Ron Paul is... we never get enough of hearing that.
Now why do I always get de ja vu when hearing ron paul speak? I feel as if im back in 84' when this debt began to skyrocket under similar policies he proposes.

I thought it was funny how you proclaimed the OP was "on the opposite line", when i can extract the direct quote," I'm not a republican", from it.

Then what is the OP? The thread was made on the pure intent to insult all supporters and voters of Obama because of a different ideology... how is he not of the opposite line? Hasnt he drawn that line himself in the OP? This is where hypocrisy comes back into the equation.

As for the "I am not republican", there are a half of conservatives out there who no longer consider themselves republicans... yet they promote the same old deal that the neo-cons do... they just try to package themselves differently. I dont buy it.

You think we'd deny ron being a puppet because we agree with his policies? You obviously know nothing of his voting hisotry

Oh I know about Ronny.. his a true conservative and the only one left. That doesnt mean I agree with the man, though thats one thing I give him for, the fact that he actually follows the original republican values and beliefs. That being said the man has, lately, being covering the ass of rightwing policies that have contributed to the mess of this nation. The mans more interested in making excuses for his ideology than actually thinking about realistic solutions. The man thinks the answer to this mess is more extreme rightwing policies, which in my opinion, as history backs up too, will push this nation into a much deep hole... economically. Reagan is a pure example of what Paul intends, and that man started the deep dept we're in.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
Folks are getting pritty sick an tired of the tin foil conspiracy that "all politicians are this and that accept myyy candidate" or that "Obama is part of the NWO" or what not.
]

Obama IS part of the NWO and all politicians ARE corrupt liars. Obama is no different. If some folks are 'pretty sick and tired' of hearing that .. too bad. It's the truth.

And just so you know - I say that about democrats AND republicans. So it's not 'sour grapes' as some myopic people have suggested.

labelling folks with different values and beliefs as "sheeple" or "messiah followers"?

Folks with different values and beliefs don't get those labels - only those who have EARNED IT through their behavior and attitude. Not every one who voted for Obama is an Obamatron. But there are those that cross the line into fantasy land where the man is concerned and those people have EARNED the title.

this attitude coming from you fellas is obviously the result of election bitterness,

That's what Obama voters like to say. "sour grapes" "election bitterness" and so on. However, if you were to REALLY look at the behavior of SOME of the obama worshippers you would see what the rest of us see. Their behavior is rather frightening.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
reply to post by anonymouse876

If you look at all this from an "alien" viewpoint, a viewpoint of someone who doesn't care about who's team is playing, the players and the game it's self, you will see that it's all crap, all of this is just as I have said before over and over again, something to get us to fight amongst ourselves, to "devide and conquer".

-Lahara

This is the exact logic that I have been preaching to people for years. It works with all points of humans' primitive nature. Not many people can separate themselves from their humanity long enough to see us from an outsider's prospective. It is, in fact, all BS.

I find it extremely comical when you bring up the "alien" point of view logic to someone of the sheep variety and they are not smart enough to compute what you just said. The usually say something on the lines of "Aliens aren't real!" You would not believe how many people have responded to me in such a manner.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by southern_Guardian

You make good points, it could all be construed as collectivism.
MY guy, your guy, etc.

However, you might also notice that the only candidate from the past race that is still avidly supported here, and in many other places, is Ron Paul.
He seems to have started a fire in a lot of people, just by practicing what he preaches. And it's not a "mania", not a bright flame that burns out quickly.

It's more a smoldering flame, slowly spreading as people see that the nasty things he predicted, slowly come to fruition.

So, I'll take a candidate that doesn't want give the Government more power, and that has a grasp of the constitution. That goes for local, state, national candidates.

Paul's organization, Campaign For Liberty, is helping everyone identify, and throw support towards these types of candidates. It's not all about him anymore.

Boy did YOU nail that on the head. Star for you.

Something you said has me a little discouraged however for it's drop dead honest . The part where you mention a "smoldering". Imagine If the Obamanoids and the media would have stood behind Ron Paul whom I believe is the ONLY one that represents what American values are truly about and knows how to make that happen again.

We would be well on or way to seeing more than just change we can all believe in. We would see IMPROVEMENT and lasting liberty.

That "lasting" part is what worries me the most as Ron Paul isn't getting any younger and as more and more Americans see him as the one who was right all along, I only hope we do before it is too late.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Aermacchi]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Divide and Conquer.

It's real simple, most people by into this philosophy every single day and work themselves up in a frenzy of anger.

The level of immature adult adolescence is astounding these days.

I guess if that is their level of consciousness so be it.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Wait a minute. When Bush took the 2000 election, that was exactly what we heard over and over and over again. And the people complaining back then even had a real case: Bush had lost the popular vote by almost a half-million. And yet Bush supporters made a major point of calling those people "whiners." I mean a very big point, because that crowd really likes to hang labels on people. In fact, they kept bringing it up even when most of the nation had accepted it becuase it was an opportunity to call liberals, democrats and anyone who didn't think like them a name. They like that.

In fact, they were talking like Bush had won by a landslide and anyone who cast a pall on the election was a silly little fool who couldn't accept the clear will of the people.

Now, I'm not one of those people saying "get over it," but I certainly feel no sympathy for anyone complaining about Obama, who won the popular vote by 7 percent, if they said in 2000 that people who didn't like the results were "whiners." Of course, that's a move-the-goalpost crowd, so it doesn't surprise me.

I would say the same thing about people who were bothered in 2000 by conservatives saying "get over it," but are now saying "get over it" themselves.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by ClintK]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

People literally worship Obama, like he is a savior or Messiah,

Do you think some of us are not JUST as tired of this lame line?

I'm someone who is'nt rooting for a side,

I beg to differ. You are on the conspiracy side. The one that says "They're all scumbags and puppets - we can't trust anyone in government". That's a "side", too.
And you are being just as critical of those on "the other side" from you as the 2-party people are of each other. You are just the same.

Originally posted by spacedoubt
However, you might also notice that the only candidate from the past race that is still avidly supported here, and in many other places, is Ron Paul.

Uh... Obama is also supported here.

He seems to have started a fire in a lot of people, just by practicing what he preaches. And it's not a "mania", not a bright flame that burns out quickly.
It's more a smoldering flame, slowly spreading as people see that the nasty things he predicted, slowly come to fruition.

And Obama support is much the same. Maybe not to his critics, but there is a huge group of people in this country who are not manic about him but see, understand and agree with his vision for the future. There are extremists in every "camp". There are conspiracy and Ron Paul extremists, too.

Originally posted by heyo
i don't think there's any hope for you. People use the get over it line for the simple pleasure of cutting someone down.

And what is the purpose of saying "i don't think there's any hope for you"? For the simple pleasure of cutting someone down, perhaps?

(same smartassness, just dressed up differently)

Yeah. Exactly.

You guys really make me laugh with all your "wake up, sheeple"! talk, when you're just a member of another "team" yourselves. We all choose our way and one is not better or worse than the other. It's only those who think that theirs is the RIGHT way for everyone who have a problem with others opinions and choices.

I think Ron Paul has some really great ideas and at one time, I supported him and was going to vote for him. And I even liked John McCain at one time. But whether you pick a Republican, a Democrat, an Independent, a Libertarian, or no one, you're making a choice and you have a "side". And if you pick the conspiracy side (NWO, puppets, etc) and then deride those who don't agree with you, you're EVERY BIT as bad as those who use the "You Lost, Get Over It" Line... You are EXACTLY the same.

Originally posted by Realtruth
The level of immature adult adolescence is astounding these days.

I guess if that is their level of consciousness so be it.

Exactly the same...

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I'm not going to alter my use of "You lost. Get over it." even though I don't think I've used it yet. I had to hear it for the last eight years. And now suddenly when the opposition wins we need to stop? Not going to happen here.

Alleged reasons of NWO, divide and conquer, or whatever else is claimed aren't going to work with me.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
Wait a minute. When Bush took the 2000 election, that was exactly what we heard over and over and over again. And the people complaining back then even had a real case: Bush had lost the popular vote by almost a half-million. And yet Bush supporters made a major point of calling those people "whiners." I mean a very big point, because that crowd really likes to hang labels on people. In fact, they kept bringing it up even when most of the nation had accepted it becuase it was an opportunity to call liberals, democrats and anyone who didn't think like them a name. They like that.

In fact, they were talking like Bush had won by a landslide and anyone who cast a pall on the election was a silly little fool who couldn't accept the clear will of the people.

Now, I'm not one of those people saying "get over it," but I certainly feel no sympathy for anyone complaining about Obama, who won the popular vote by 7 percent, if they said in 2000 that didn't like the results were "whiners." Of course, that's a move-the-goalpost crowd, so it doesn't surprise me.

I would say the same thing about people who were bothered in 2000 by conservatives saying "get over it," but are now saying "get over it" themselves.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by ClintK]

Yeah, two wrongs don't make a right and because the bushkins did it before doesn't mean the obamanauts have that as any right of passage. In fact if you look at the old ATS posts, I really don't see all that much about Bush winners saying get over it. What I see is whining democrats claiming Bush won because the supreme court was in his pocket.

What is so funny about that is the supreme court based their decision on the number of votes as antony scalia has said countless times. The rest are about bush being such a jerk for resorting to the tactic when it was GORE who brought it to the SCOTUS not Bush.

I couldn't find any saying get over it and Kerry didn't have the weird infatuation with him going on. Most people back then were like I was, disenchanted with both choices. Both were bonesman so no matter which one you picked, you picked a bonesman.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
When Bush won, they got the same treatment as well, so don't forget to take that into account.

That being said though, after all the Bush bashing they did from 2000 to 2008. I find it HILLARIOUS that they actually tried the "Now is not time for politics and bickering, but to get together instead and start healing" line. I find it hillarious because they weren't willing to try this during the Bush years, but now that "their guy" won, they somehow feel entitled to use it. Never mind all the c**p they said about republicans during Bush's regime.

You can't GET respect if you're not willing to GIVE respect, and when you treat your opposition like c**p for 8 years instead of trying to actually work things out in a civil manner, how exactly do you expect to be treated when YOU are on the spot light/ chopping block?

This is common sense... or at least it used to be common... now a days I'm finding that logic and common sense are RARE amongst the majority of americans nowadays.

P.S. not that it matters in my case anyway, since I think both parties are shills that have been bought and paid for. They no longer work for the people, so it doesn't matter to me. This is more directed to the idiots out there who think that by spouting "now is the time for unity" after treating their opposition like c**p somehow feel they are "entitled" to getting respect just because they "won"

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I swore that I would never vote for another Bush or Clinton but....

I propose George Clinton run for President and Jay Bush (the bean guy) for Vice.

Screw Obama, Bush and the rest of those pieces of excrement. I'm with anyone that recognizes the similarities between politicians and the smell in my cats litter box... everyone else can "get over it"

I thought I was done but just couldn't stop. Why can't our government work more like some other countries. I want to see politicians so angry that there is a fist fight on the floor of the semate. At least then we'll know that they really do care about what's going on and not just getting re-elected.

I would like to see one American ( not a Brizilian, nor anyone of Brazilian nationality, or even with a Brizilian sounding name) stand in front of the Congress and cut off their testicles in protest of their lack of guts and failure to sober up from their power and money drunken stuper.

I would do it but... actually, I wouldn't. Got to hand it to that Brazilian guy though, it takes a lot of balls to do what he did...

[edit on 30-1-2009 by exfed]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I'm sorry but I'm not going to alter my use of "You lost. Get over it." even though I don't think I've used it yet. I had to hear it for the last eight years. And now suddenly when the opposition wins we need to stop? Not going to happen here.

Alleged reasons of NWO, divide and conquer, or whatever else is claimed aren't going to work with me.

Opposition? what opposition? You talk as if you have a virtuous reason for your cocky attitude. Do you really think ANY opposition had a snowballs chance in hell with the Bush millstone on any republican’s neck? It wouldn't matter WHO the republican was because you did not vote for Obama and his policies and ya know why?

He did not HAVE ANY! Ya know what else, you knew as little about him as anyone else who had to literally sue the person just to see his damn school grades. The only thing we knew was all the BS the factoids of factcheck.org said were lies but time is now revealing was TRUE! From Bill ayers admitting he was more than just someone who lived down the street to Jeremiah Wright saying Obama heard all that white hating crap and never complained to the addendum he supported in a bill about teaching kindergarten kids sex education and his asinine excuse it was really about child predators when no such language about that is in that addendum.

Hell even his VP admitted his concern over Obama busing in people from other states to vote in elections Hillary was winning by a landslide only to lose to Obama.

The only thing you are going to realize in all this is the change you all thought you could believe in is going to be the change I am afraid you all deserve. Not for voting FOR obama, because that is not what you did.

What you did was vote your anger of GWB and it discriminated against all republicans’ not unlike racial bias and to prove that was not what this was about you voted in the best statement to symbolize you are not prejudice by voting in a Black guy calling anyone who did not like him a racist.

This was about anger pure and simple, and it was all done without the benefit of intellect.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"You lost. Get over it."

We allall lost. Get over THAT !

[edit on 30-1-2009 by pyrytyes]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aermacchi

I did not vote for Obama, but I will support other liberals and defend their support of Obama considering what I had to put up with hearing for the last eight years.

I didn't know anything about Obama? Let me tell you that I listen to AM radio daily and I heard as much as anyone else could about the man. Everything from allegations that he was a terrorist for knowing Bill Ayers, that he was a traitor, that he isn't a legal citizen of the USA, or that he's a secret muslim.

I had to listen to the audiences of Sarah Palin and John McCain rallies calling for the death of Obama and/or their regurgitation of the rest of the mud slung at Obama that I had never before heard in my life slung at a presidential candidate.

But to say I know nothing of the man is wrong. Very wrong. I probably know more about the man than John McCain. McCain being a man who stated himself he supported most of Bush's policies that I abhorred. So I had little option in this election.

I did not vote for Obama specifically for his pro-war rhetoric regarding Pakistan. But I will come to the defense of liberals who say "You lost. Get over it." precisely because I had to put up with it for eight years and because John McCain would have clearly been as bad as Bush had he gotten into office. Obama may not be my candidate of choice, but he's the best we got.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Frith]

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I beg to differ. You are on the conspiracy side. The one that says "They're all scumbags and puppets - we can't trust anyone in government". That's a "side", too.
And you are being just as critical of those on "the other side" from you as the 2-party people are of each other. You are just the same.

Well BH I have to agree with you and on this rare occasion I do, it is because I too get really angry at the NWO bilderbuger mason maniacally illuminated myths that have never been substantiated to satisfy anyone but the fringe. It makes it harder to take anyone serious.

Uh... Obama is also supported here.

No he is worshipped here. (hehe couldn't resist lol)

And Obama support is much the same. Maybe not to his critics, but there is a huge group of people in this country who are not manic about him but see, understand and agree with his vision for the future. There are extremists in every "camp". There are conspiracy and Ron Paul extremists, too. .

The sad thing about Ron Paul is I am afraid he just is not electable in this mediagenic method of marketing our candidates

link   

Originally posted by Aermacchi
In fact if you look at the old ATS posts, I really don't see all that much about Bush winners saying get over it.

You didn't look very well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I could go on...

You talk as if you have a virtuous reason for your cocky attitude.

A lot of that going around lately...

Well BH I have to agree with you and on this rare occasion I do

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

This was about anger pure and simple, and it was all done without the benefit of intellect.

That's what you want to believe, so go ahead and believe it. If you couldn't see the profound differences between the McCain and Obama platforms, then you didn't know where they stood on the issues. On taxes and foreign policy, they were about as different as you could get.

People want to say the Republican and Democratic candidates are two sides of the same coin either because:

1. They wanted Ron Paul or

2. They're too intellectually lazy to do the research or

3. Neither side is particularly eager to challenge the corporate subculture. But that doesn't make them "the same" by a long shot.

And a combination of the above. But hey, you've managed to insult someone who thinks differently than you, so I guess that makes you right. You can dismiss the rest of us as clueless children and silly fools.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith

I did not vote for Obama, but I will support other liberals and defend their support of Obama considering what I had to put up with hearing for the last eight years

Hey I have as much angst for Bush as you do but when you say "other liberals" does that mean other "fellow liberals" ?

I didn't know anything about Obama? Let me tell you that I listen to AM radio daily and I heard as much as anyone else could about the man. Everything from allegations that he was a terrorist for knowing Bill Ayers, that he was a traitor, that he isn't a legal citizen of the USA, or that he's a secret muslim.

Just because you're a dittohead and read the limbaugh letter only tells me you want to know what to expect from those evil haters you refer to calling for Obamas head in a KKK style lynching which is about as much BUNK as anyone can take if you expect me to take you serious about your implied impartiality.

I had to listen to the audiences of Sarah Palin and John McCain rallies calling for the death of Obama and/or their regurgitation of the rest of the mud slung at Obama that I had never before heard in my life slung at a presidential candidate.

You didn't HAVE to listen to jack squat guy, no ones putting a gun to your head and you sound like you tolerated listening to some fringe extremists which exixt in BOTH camps but you listened so you could post up such BUNK just like you are doing here with it.

But to say I know nothing of the man is wrong. Very wrong. I probably know more about the man than John McCain. McCain being a man who stated himself he supported most of Bush's policies that I abhorred. So I had little option in this election.

One year Mccain voted for most of bush policies but no more than obama did harry Reids. Otherwise it was only 65 % in tandem with Bush and yes YOU STILL DON'T KNOW JACK qabout Obama.

Did you read his favorite books?

I did.

Did read the ones Obama wrote where he exresses his socialist ideals and his socialist mentors all his life and who they are? Did you know he was a member of the Illinois Democrats for socialism and tried to cover it up?
No biggie, it's like he will with everything else we find out about and has so far sealed from public view all the while talking about transparency?

I did not vote for Obama specifically for his pro-war rhetoric regarding Pakistan. But I will come to the defense of liberals who say "You lost. Get over it." precisely because I had to put up with it for eight years and because John McCain would have clearly been as bad as Bush had he gotten into office. Obama may not be my candidate of choice, but he's the best we got.

See now I know you are buying the BS because McCain isn't anything like Bush. Not even close.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

You didn't look very well.

I could go on...

No no, no need BH when you're right you're right and I stand corrected

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK

That's what you want to believe, so go ahead and believe it. If you couldn't see the profound differences between the McCain and Obama platforms, then you didn't know where they stood on the issues. On taxes and foreign policy, they were about as different as you could get.

People want to say the Republican and Democratic candidates are two sides of the same coin either because:

1. They wanted Ron Paul or

2. They're too intellectually lazy to do the research or

3. Neither side is particularly eager to challenge the corporate subculture. But that doesn't make them "the same" by a long shot.

And a combination of the above. But hey, you've managed to insult someone who thinks differently than you, so I guess that makes you right. You can dismiss the rest of us as clueless children and silly fools.

Well, I never feel insulted by anyone here but I sure seem to get accused of hurting peepos witto feewings a lot. I didn't take you for someone with a self concept one molecule away from being an eggshell either.

So in as much as I agree with the rest of what you have to say in this post Ill add two things.

1) I agree they are not the same side of any coin moreover if anyone has lost their way it is the republicans. They lost a lot of ground with GWB some say he set tghe party back 25 years.

2) My apologies

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join