It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Don't Need Another Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Day after day, month after month, my concern grows.
Over the last half year is when I began to notice how badly everything has seemed to turn. Our economy is a total mess which to me looks to be almost beyond fixing. Our status in the world is rapidly deteriorating. Hate has risen above what was once thought to be something that stood for good in the world to many.

Who is there to look up to? Who is there to turn to? Who can I put my trust into? Who can I support to lead us out of this chaos?

Watching the news, reading the papers, surfing the net: These things have brought little for me to have some hope in something different, something that really justifies/signifies a change to what has gotten us to this point.

Why do we continue to put leaders into place that fail us and repeat mistakes? How can we put trust in one when that person has already misguided and/or ignored us? Why do we continue to put others on a pedestal and rally behind them when odds are they will damage our trust that was given to them in hopes of relinquishing the great problems we face?

Maybe this is our problem, that we feel we need them in the first place. One man, be it RP (with whom I agree with on many things) or Obama, cannot do this all alone. We put too much hope into these men because we are desperate for a reason to feel good about our country again..and ourselves.

Is it time for us to take a stand? If not, then when, if ever? Has it become so routine in our lives that it has become ok to stand and wait for the world to come to us?

When will we, as American Citizens, make our real mark? When will we fix and forget the problems we have in our government and elsewhere and look to a real, better future?

Who can I look to that can help take care of my newborn daughter when she is soon to grace this earth? What hero/savior is there that I can count on?

There isn't one.
Just me.

We Don't Need Another Hero

Out of the ruins
Out from the wreckage
Can't make the same mistake this time
We are the children the last generation
We are the ones they left behind

And I wonder when we are ever gonna change it
Living under the fear till nothing else remains
We don't need another hero
We don't need to know the way home
All we want is life beyond the thunderdome

Looking for something we can rely on
There's got to be something better out there
Love and compassion, their day is coming
All else are castles built in the air
And I wonder when we are ever gonna change it
Living under the fear till nothing else remains

All the children say
We don't need another hero
We don't need to know the way home
All we want is life beyond the thunderdome

So what do we do with our lives
We leave only a mark
Will our story shine like a life
Or end in the dark
Give it all or nothing

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I feel your pain, brutha, I really do...

But we're all surrounded by silent heroics, not the kind that everyone talks about, but real folks making a stand and making a difference....people silently fighting, never giving up on their principles, bloodied, but unbowed..

Look around you and you will find them, and you will admire their courage, and they will give you the strength you're gonna need, in turn..and they will give you hope....even during the blackest of days..

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

It's tough to be optimistic. There are people here on ATS who care, but not anyone i know personally.

I know there are people out there who do great things and are honest people, but where are they in our government?

They continue to fail over and over again. I really don't see how anyone could put so much faith into the very same things that is bringing the country down.

It bums me out but not much I can do about it. I just TRY to hope the USA starts to show signs of improvement soon although they are doing everything that i think is wrong. I'd hate for my kid to have to see "first hand" the squandering of what was once great.

The blood of many men has been lost to give us what we have had, and we are throwing it all away.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
The blood of many men has been lost to give us what we have had, and we are throwing it all away.

Yes, but “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.” — Thomas Jefferson

That's just the way it is....I have young children that I'm gonna be able to look in the eye one day and say "I did what I could"

Make your stand where you are right now...others will see the light and follow...start locally, then others will see your example and carry it forward regionally...then nationally

[edit on 29-1-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Day after day, month after month, my concern grows.
Over the last half year is when I began to notice how badly everything has seemed to turn. Our economy is a total mess which to me looks to be almost beyond fixing. Our status in the world is rapidly deteriorating. Hate has risen above what was once thought to be something that stood for good in the world to many.

I hear ya man.

Here is something I put together a while ago

America what happened?

Stop talking about how great we are and start doing the things that made us great.

Whether you are of Native American descent or of European blood, or your forefathers were dragged here in chains, I say not bad for a bunch of uneducated immigrants. Not bad at all.

If we are going to fall like other great empires before us then so be it.
I feel that we have had one hell of a ride.

Peace
SLAY

[edit on 29-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Your point is well taken.You must be the hero,we must all be the hero.We and we alone bear the burden for the idiotracy we have elected.The elected are playing in a rigged game.The Fed holds all the cards.Extorsion and lies are the fodder our legislators are fed.Then we end up with the same fodder byproduct as you get from a hay fed bull from them.

We have to start at the state level to change things.Once we reinstate strength to our state government the Federal government will soon follow.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for posting that slayer. Great video.

It's depressing isn't it? To see how it all started and how we got to where we are today. It's embarrassing how we are theoretically spitting on the graves of all the men whom have died.

How did it all go so wrong?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Your point is well taken.You must be the hero,we must all be the hero.

This is exactly what i was trying to state but without actually stating it. This country is built on the goodness of it's people, not on the righteousness and empowerment of our elected leaders.

But for whatever reason, we've let the very things that made us great slip away from us.

I really hope that one day (soon hopefully) that will change.

We are the only ones that can make it happen though. If only others would come aboard....

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

This whole mess is unfathomable, frightening, depressing....

But, it is also a chance for reflection. To look at our own realities and understand just how fragile our belief system is.

I not only hear you. I feel your thoughts and worries. And am sure that many others here on the board are feeling things very similar.

However, this pall of darkness and uncertainty that you, I, and others on ATS are enshrouded in, should also be seen as a revelation - a revelation that I am sure, very few people in the world are comprehending at the moment.

Forewarned is for-armed, and that in itself is empowerment.

new topics

top topics

join